Is apple cider vinegar good for dandruff? This is a commonly asked question. We seek to answer this and explore ways on how to use apple cider vinegar for dandruff. We also tell you about apple cider vinegar dandruff treatment and give you apple cider vinegar for dandruff recipes. Read on to find out more.
Apple cider vinegar is manufactured through the fermentation process. It tends to be a regular household ingredient. Its uses though go beyond the kitchen and into the bathroom. This ingredient is great on hair and can help you fight the dandruff menace. Read on to find out how and get recipes on various items you can make from it for the purpose of getting rid of the irritating dandruff flakes.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Dandruff?
- Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Dandruff?
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff
- Apple Cider Vinegar Dandruff Treatment
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff Recipe
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff Reviews
- See More Home Remedies for Dandruff
- Recommended: Getting Rid of Dandruff, Itchy Scalp & Best Dandruff Shampoo.
Whenever a solution to a persistent problem is suggested, doubts are bound to blur one’s mind. For people who have tried fighting dandruff to no avail the question “Is apple cider vinegar good for dandruff?” is eminent.
Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which is an organic acid formed during the fermentation process of apple cider. This helps to reduce flaking drastically. It also reduces itchiness and adds to the hair’s shine and volume. Other than that, apple cider vinegar has enzymes that help to destroy and kill malassezia, the dandruff causing fungus. It acts as a mild conditioner thus unclogging the hair follicles. This promotes proper circulation which results in a healthy scalp.
This ingredient is also cheap and can be easily used as a homemade remedy for dandruff. These factors go a long way in proving that apple cider vinegar is a great remedy for dandruff. As such, the answer to the question is apple cider vinegar good for dandruff is yes.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff
Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature. It has a high concentration of malic acid which is ranked number 3 on the pH scale. This is lower than pH of hair which ranges between 4.5 and 6. The difference helps apple cider vinegar to alter the scalp’s pH, something that makes it hard for dandruff to form.
Apple cider vinegar should never be applied on oiled hair. This is because the vinegar is water based. Applying oil on hair will therefore mean that there is a coating on it and it will not be possible for the treatment to penetrate the oil layer to get to the scalp. For people with sensitive skin, it is advised that they try it on a small patch first before doing it on the whole head. Sample below some ways on how to use apple cider vinegar for dandruff:
- Have ready an amount of apple cider vinegar that is enough for your hair volume. Section your hair into manageable portions. Using a cotton ball, apply on the scalp and hair. Ensure more attention is given to the scalp since this is where the dandruff is lodged.
After you are done applying, the scalp should be gently massaged to enhance deep penetration. Tuck your hair together and wear a shower cap once done. Wrap a warm towel over it and leave it in for some time. This will help to open up pores. This should then be left on hair without washing for at least a day. Repeat the process twice a week until the dandruff is gone.
- Apple cider vinegar can also be used as a pre-wash treatment. Massage some few drops of it onto the scalp when the hair is wet. Leave this in for 15 minutes. Shampoo as usual ensuring you concentrate well enough on the scalp so as to get rid of any flakes dislodged by the vinegar. Rinse thoroughly and condition.
- Using it as aleave in conditioner is another way of using apple cider vinegar. Mix an equal portion of water with an equal portion of vinegar in a hair spray bottle. Shampoo and condition hair then spritz the mixture on the head concentrating on the scalp. Massage it on the scalp and leave it in without rinsing. Use this mixture daily until the dandruff is gone.
Apple Cider Vinegar Dandruff Treatment
Apple cider vinegar dandruff treatment is a great home remedy for dandruff. There are both advantages and disadvantages to using it. This treatment is all natural. As such, it does not contain any harmful ingredients such as fragrances and dyes. It is therefore gentle on the scalp than most over the counter dandruff treatments. Being natural, it is also environmental friendly. The cost for treating dandruff using it is also minimal and any leftovers can be made use of in other areas.
On the other hand, apple cider vinegar for dandruff treatment has a strong odor which some people may find unbearable. This though tends to clear off the moment it dries and can be countered by adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil into the vinegar treatment. It also takes some time for it to work. Some people may not be patient enough for this. These though are only a small price to pay for an effective natural dandruff treatment.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff Recipe
There are a number of apple cider vinegar for dandruff recipes that one can make use of at home. Sample some of these below.
You will need a ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup of warm water and a spray bottle. The amount may be varied depending on hair.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and the warm water
- Shampoo hair normally
- Spray the mixture generously on hair and scalp.
- Massage your scalp to ensure the mixture spreads evenly.
- Cover head with plastic cap and wait for 30 minutes.
- Rinse hair well using warm water or leave the solution on hair to dry out.
Another way to use apple cider vinegar is with other herbs:
Here are the steps:
- Have an appropriate amount of vinegar with you
- Deep some rosemary herbs into it and leave overnight
- Strain the mixture and use a cotton ball to apply it on the scalp as a pre-shampoo treatment.
- Shampoo and condition as usual
Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff Reviews
Apple cider vinegar for dandruff has been tried and tested by many individuals suffering from the condition. Below are some of the notable differences its users undergo:
- Those suffering with oily flaky scalps have seen a great difference by incorporating apple cider vinegar in their hair care regimen. It gets rid of the flakes on the scalp with consistent use.
- The treatment has been found to be easy to use and cheap.
For individual testimonies and personal reviews, you can check out open forums for people suffering with dandruff. This will help encourage you and give more tips on usage that worked on the.
See More Home Remedies for Dandruff
- Tea Tree Oil for Dandruff, How to Use, Treatment & Reviews
- Baking Soda for Dandruff – Shampoo & How to Use Baking Soda Dandruff Treatment
- How to Use Coconut Oil for Dandruff Treatment
- Different Types of Dandruff (With Images & Shampoo)
- How to Treat Dandruff Fast and In Children
- Best Homemade Dandruff Shampoo & How to Make with Recipes
- Eyebrow Dandruff Cause, Treatment & How to Stop