Best concealer for dark circles can hide blemishes, black spots and other marks just perfectly. In this article, we list the top rated cosmetics that you can use to hide the under eye circles, eye bags, and eye wrinkles easily. These include drugstore products and the best brands used to cover eye bags and dark circles such as MAC, Korres and Lorac below.
- What is the best concealer for dark circles?
- What is the best drugstore concealer for dark under eye circles?
- Are there long lasting color concealers for black dots under eyes?
- How can I cover eye bags, dark circles and black dots under my eyes with makeup?
A good concealer makeup is enough to get rid of dark circles and eye bags fast. At least for a day. If you know how to highlight your face and hide blemishes, you can use concealer makeup to hide problems such as swollen under eyes, bags, crow’s feet, eye wrinkles, white spots, age spots and even brown spots around your eyes.
While concealing dark circles and blemishes under your peepers can be part of the eye makeup procedure or how-to, you need to perfect how it is done so you don’t end up with caked up concealer under your eyes that will look even worse than the eye bags and dark circles you are hiding. Below, you will learn of the best concealer for hiding dark circles and how to hide dark circles using good makeup.
Best Concealer for Dark Circles – Top Concealer Brands and Good Products
When choosing concealer makeup for covering black patches and lines under eyes, it is important to consider your skin complexion or skin tone and type of concealer makeup you need. There are good concealers for light skin tone and cannot be used by African Americans or dark skin toned people.
In the same way, some types of products are good for removing dark spots under eyes while others are good for covering large patches and long streaks of under eye wrinkles. There are different types of makeup color concealers that you can use to hide black spots and circles under your eyes. The following are the types you can choose when you want to try to conceal under eye circles.
Tips for Choosing a Good Concealer for Covering Dark Circles and Blemishes
Since different types of makeups are used for different purposes, you can consider these types of color makeups for hiding blemishes on your face. These tips should guide you in getting the most appropriate product for the type of blemishes you want to hide fast.
- Concealer pencils – These types of concealers are the best for concealing small dark spots such as acne spots and other dark marks below your eyes. Pencil can also be used to highlight your eyes more.
- Pen eye concealer – This one is perfect for brightening dark circles and covering overall discolorations under your eyes.
- Stick concealer – This is one of the best concealers for under eye wrinkles and concealing eye bags as well as circles. It can also work well to hide redness under the eyes.
- Powder concealer is great for blending over the dark circles and hiding then in the process. This type of product is generally lightweight.
- Cream eye concealers and cake concealers are good when you want to cover large areas of discolorations around the eyes.
- Liquid concealer makeup on the other hand are good for rehydration and concealing broken black capillaries, fine lines, freckles and generally blotches. Liquid products are good for smoothing the texture around your eyes and will work well with several layers. You can combine it with other types of concealers such as cake and powder. See more tips below on how to cover dark circles under eyes.
Best Concealer Brands for Dark Circles, Dark Spots, Acne Spots and Age Spots under Eyes
The following are the top rated brands according to product reviews. Some of them are highly rated for being long lasting while others do not feather when applying. Dry skin is also considered with makeup products that conceal and at the same time moisturize. Here are the top-reviewed brands to choose from when you want to get rid of under eye circles.
- Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-Aging & Anti-Wrinkle Concealer
- Benefit Erase Paste
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer
- M.A.C. Mineralize – best MAC concealer for dark circles
- Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Concealer
- Tarte Maracuja Creaseless
- Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo
- Stila Perfecting
- Lorac Touch-Up To Go
- Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener
- YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch Highlighter
- Estée Lauder Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator
- Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer
- Clé de Peau Beauté
- Hourglass Hidden Corrective
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
- theBalm Time Balm
- MAC Mattifying Gel
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
- Benefit Powderflage
Overall, those are good products not arranged in any particular order. Pay attention to the color of the product in order to match it well with your skin tone. Below is another list of the best makeups for hiding and covering up blemishes such as dark spots, wrinkles and eye bags, specific for different skin tones.
Amazing Cosmetics Concealer
- For Light Skin – Light Golden
- For Medium Skin tone – Tan
- For Dark Skin – Deep Golden
Elf Starter Kit of Mineral Makeup
- Light kit good for light skin and golden undertones
- Deep starter kit good for dark skin tone and neutral undertones
- Warm starter kit good for people with medium skin and neutral undertones
- Fair starter kit is perfect for girls with porcelain skin that has neutral undertones
- Dark kit can be used by people with tan skin with golden undertones
How to Conceal Dark Circles – How to Cover Dark Circles
Even with the best makeup product, you need some skill in doing your eye makeup in order to achieve the best results. To cover or to conceal dark eye circles, bags under eyes, acne spots, pregnancy spots and other blemishes, you need to know what to do. The procedure can be simple, but consider the following tips on how to cover under eye circles and erasing black blotches with concealer makeup.
- Avoid the common mistake that most women make – of using a product that is dry for your skin type. Always go for a light and creamy concealer because it will not seep into the fine wrinkle lines around the eyes. Neither will it crack and look awful.
- You can apply foundation and use it as a concealer. Liquid foundations in squeeze tubes are the best for this. Put a little onto your finger and allow it to oxidize and get pigmented. Apply as a cover for under eye circles and bags.
- Only apply the makeup where the dark spots occur. Do not paint the entire area under the eye. Also, apply it last after other eye makeups are finished.
- What color should I choose? Go for a product that has a yellow base and has tones lighter than your own skin tone. This will help cover the hues of blue and purple in the circles. It will also brighten your face.
- Always try relieving eye puffiness with cold spoons or eye cream before trying the best dark circle concealer.
- When using a pen, have a light hand and brush with light feathery strokes to cover the black circles and dots under your eyes. Pat and blend using your fingertip to achieve the perfect finish.
With these tips on finding the best makeup for erasing and hiding the blemishes beneath your eyes, you can successfully eliminate the problem albeit temporarily. The best concealer for dark circles may be a top rated product you need according to reviews, but pay attention on how you apply it to hide the black marks and fine lines below your eyes.