Learn the best dandruff solutions, severe bad dandruff solutions and beard solutions. From it you will also get to learn some natural dandruff solutions. Read on to find out more.
Dandruff can be an irritating condition especially when it is accompanied by itch and inflammation. When in such a situation, there is a tendency to feel embarrassed. One’s self esteem could also be affected. The only thing victims wish they could lay their hands on is the best dandruff solution for severe bad dandruff. This post seeks to assist you in getting this so you can alleviate your flaky condition and get rid of that powdery thing that falls on your shoulders.
Best Dandruff Solution
Dandruff is a chronic skin disorder that affects the hair growing areas of the body such as the head, eyebrows, beard and even the chest area. The most common place for dandruff to be found is on the scalp but when it is severe there is a possibility for it to be found on any part of the body. Below are some of the best dandruff solutions.
- Wash hair regularly. This helps to clear out oil build up that may cause dandruff. Using anti-dandruff shampoos is very effective since they contain ingredients that help in eliminating dandruff. It also tends to be a very easy way since all one has to do is use it as they use regular shampoo. This method is most appropriate for moderate to severe dandruff.
- For people with natural hair and those whose scalps are intolerant to manufactured hair products, the best dandruff solution for them would be natural homemade remedies. These include herbs such as rosemary and aloe Vera. Essential oils are also great for use as natural dandruff treatment.
- To keep away dandruff in the long run, it is advisable to have a well-balanced diet and ensure that it contains zinc minerals. This is the best dandruff solution for long term effectiveness and which works from inside out.
Severe Bad Dandruff Solutions
Severe dandruff can be an eyesore and could affect a person’s day to day life. It is therefore important to learn what the severe bad dandruff solutions are just in case you or a close person gets it. One of the severe dandruff solutions is anti-dandruff shampoos. These contain different ingredients which are aimed at fighting different types of dandruff. Their appropriate usage is dependent on the cause of dandruff too.
Some of these include:
- Selenium sulfide shampoos: These slow down the rate at which your skin cells die. They however may cause loss of color to chemically treated hair, grey hair and blond hair. Use them as instructed and rinse hair thoroughly hair after shampooing to avoid this. An example of this is Selsun Blue.
- Tar based shampoos: this helps to contain conditions such as psoriasis which is a major cause of severe dandruff. As a dandruff solution, coal tar reduces how fast your skin cells die. An example of this is Neutrogena T/Gel.
- Ketoconazole shampoos: Ketoconazole treats a wide range of fungal diseases and is a good fungicide. Ketoconazole shampoos are likely to work where others have failed to. Nizoral is an example of this.
- Salicylic acid shampoos:: Shampoos that contain salicylic acid work by removing flakes of dead skin from the scalp. This leads to a dry scalp. It is therefore important to use a moisturizing conditioner after shampooing your hair. An example of this is Neutrogena T/Sal
- Zinc pyrithione shampoos such as Jason Dandruff Relief and Head and Shoulders are wonderful antifungal as well as antibacterial products. They reduce the scalp fungus that causes severe dandruff.
When using these shampoos lather well and massage on scalp then leave the shampoo on hair for about 20 minutes so that the ingredients can work. Rinse shampoo off hair thoroughly. It is best to use these shampoos regularly until your dandruff disappears then use it twice a week. Using two different types in an alternating order is also advisable for the purposes of reducing the resistance factor.
There are creams that can be as severe bad dandruff solutions too. These include:
- 1 per cent clotrimazole cream
- Corticosteriod creams used together with medicated shampoos.
- 2 per cent micanazole cream
Beard Dandruff Solutions
Beard dandruff is very conspicuous since it can never be concealed like is possible with scalp dandruff. It can be too much of a problem especially for men who want to wear their beard long. To help you get rid of this condition, below is a list of beard dandruff solutions.
- Use an anti dandruff shampoo on your beard. Ensure that the shampoo contains any of the following ingredients; salicylic acid, zinc pyrithione tar or selenium sulfide. These are active ingredients that help fight off the dandruff.
- Scrub the beard area with an exfoliating scrub. This will loosen up the dead skin around the hair follicles which will in turn help with the dandruff problem. Use the scrub sparingly. Do not exceed twice a week as over use may cause skin irritation.
- Natural homemade remedies for dandruff can as well work on beard dandruff. Apple cider vinegar can work when diluted with water and used to rinse the beard area.
Natural Dandruff Solutions
There are some natural dandruff solutions that are better than work as well, if not better than, the chemicals found in shampoos. These can be prepared at home. Here are some natural dandruff solutions.
Baking soda: This is very easy to use. You can make use of any that you have in your kitchen or purchase some from your local store.
- Wet hair and rub a handful of baking soda on your hair.
- Massage it gently on the scalp.
- Rinse hair thoroughly and do not use shampoo.
Apple cider vinegar: This is yet another great natural dandruff solution. To use apple cider vinegar for dandruff at home:
- Mix portions of water and apple cider vinegar in equal amounts.
- Pour this mixture into a hair spray bottle
- Spray generous amounts of it on your scalp.
- Cover head with plastic cap and wait for 30 minutes.
- Wash hair as normal.
Garlic: To use this for dandruff treatment:
- Crash one whole clove of garlic.
- Mix this with a tablespoon of honey.
- Massage this on your scalp and wait for 15 minutes.
- Wash hair as normal.
Coconut oil: Coconut oil for dandruff is easy to use and yields great results. Below is how to make use of it:
- Put some coconut oil in your palms.
- Apply the coconut oil in your scalp.
- Massage scalp gently for about 15 minutes at least thrice a week.
- Wash hair as normal.
See More on Natural Dandruff Cures:
- Best Natural Dandruff Treatment – Olive Oil, Jojoba & Castor Oil
- Best Natural & Herbal Home Remedies for Dandruff
- How to Stop Dandruff Naturally, Fast & for Good
- How to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally, Fast & Permanently
- Dandruff Cures – Natural and At-Home Cures for Dandruff
- Best Natural Dandruff Shampoo – All Natural & Homemade Recipe
- Eyebrow Dandruff Cause, Treatment & How to Stop