What is the best foundation for large pores on oily skin? Can foundation hide fine lines? Learn the answers to these questions and more from this article.
Dealing with an oily skin is frenzied. If you are not curbing breakouts it, you are trying to hide the large pores left behind by past flare-ups. While it is always important to have a good skin-washing regimen, it does not stop at that.
Sometimes you want that flawless skin that is so much glamorized by the media. It is impossible to have perfect skin when the pores are large and sometimes deep depending on how severe your acne was. This is because the pores are genetically determined and therefore, cannot reduce in size, as we would want them to. Instead, we can only conceal them.
The best way to conceal large pores is by using makeup. Before any makeup can be used on oily skin with large pores, deep cleansing must be upheld. Additionally, a good toner that is able to further curb oil production on skin must follow the cleansing.
A third and probably the fourth product, if you had to exfoliate, to be used on oily skin with large pores is a moisturizer. Even oily skin needs moisturizing to get more of hydration than grease. After using all these products, then you can think of makeup, which comprises another long list. The good thing is that you can avoid some of these face-cleaning products by using natural home remedies for reducing pore size.
However, when it comes to makeup, there is no shortcut. You have to buy products that are suitable for large pores and oily skin. Furthermore, they must address any fine lines that come with age. The foundation marks the base of any makeup going to your skin. What is the best foundation for oily skin with large pores? Without further ado, let me reveal them to you.
Best Foundation for Large Pores
The best foundation for large pores must conceal the pores without clogging them. Furthermore, it must offer complete coverage that only shows perfection. While there are thousands of brands of foundation for large pores that promise to deliver flawlessness skin, very few can actually do that.
Since oily skin tends to have large pores, you may want to stick with foundations for oily skin. However, you must avoid those that do not come off easily. Liquid foundations that offer a long-lasting matte finish are ideal for skin with large pores because they give the dewy appearance. However, they are hard to wash off. You might require steaming your face regularly to unclog pores if you are using this kind of foundation daily.
When shopping for best foundation for large pores also avoid the following:
- Stick foundations, they will clog your pores and cause breakouts.
- Moisturizing liquid foundations-you have large pores on your skin because you have overactive sebaceous glands. Therefore, add more moisture to your skin with the foundation will look ‘yucky.’
This is a helpful list when looking for best foundation for large pores:
- Lancome Teint Ultra 24h Foundation
- Double Wear by Estee Lauder
- Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation
- Colorstay by Revlon
- MAC Studio Fix
- Makeup For Ever Face and Body Foundation
Best Foundation for Oily Skin Large Pores
On the other hand, when it comes to shopping for best foundation for large pores and oily skin, you must avoid the following foundations:
- Cream to powder Foundations
- Pressed powder foundations- they will appear thick on your skin and change your color whey they oxidize.
- Moisturizing liquid foundations, you already have enough hydration from your sebum and moisturizer
- Mineral Makeup foundations- they are the trend but they tend to pool in large pores and cause streaking on oily skin. These come in mainly loose and pressed powder form.
- Sheer foundation and tinted moisturizer- these will make you breakout and not conceal the blemishes on your skin.
- Stick foundations
The best foundation for oily skin large pores therefore should
- last long on your skin
- be in liquid form
- give a matte finish
- be free from oil
- provide your skin protection from sun damage SPF 15 and beyond
This is a wonderful list of the best foundation for oily skin large pores.
- Clinique’s Ever Better Liquid
- Makeup Forever Matt Velvet & Mattifying Foundation
- Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Matte SPF 15
- Avon Anew Age Transforming Compact makeup SPF15
- Skin Smoothing Face Prep by NARS
- Bobbi Brown “Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15
Remember to use a primer to cover large pores before applying your chosen foundation.
Best Drugstore Foundation for Large Pores
And what is the best drugstore foundation for large pores? Here are a few top rated picks for you.
- Revlon PhotoReady Foundation
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup
- Colorstay by Revlon
- Mac Studio Fix Liquid
- Makeup Forever Matt Velvet & Mattifying
Best Foundation to Cover Large Pores
When searching for the best foundation to cover large pores only insist on brands that:-
- Have the label noncomedogenic as they will not clog your pores
- Buy an oil controlling primer as well
- Cover you throughout the day, for example, the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Liquid Foundation
Best Foundation for Large Pores and Fine Lines
As time goes by you may have fine lines on your skin if it is oily with large pores. Therefore, you must look for best foundation for large pores and fine lines. This will not only hide the pores, curb the oiliness but also conceal the fine lines. These are some of my suggestions of foundations for mature people with large pores.
- Olay Simply Ageless Foundation
- Revlon’s New Complexion makeup foundation
- Skin 79 BB Cream
- Loreal Magic Smooth Souffle’ Makeup
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation
- Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup
Best Liquid Foundation for Large Pores
Liquid foundations are also available in the market. But which is the best liquid foundation for large pores on nose and face? Here are top 4 liquid foundations for you.
- Loreal Lumi Liquid Foundation
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation
- MAC Studio Fix liquid
- gloMinerals gloProtective Liquid Foundation