Learn the best home remedies for dandruff including some home remedies for severe dandruff. We also discuss mouthwash for dandruff, lemon for dandruff and vitamins for dandruff. Kids are also not left out as we have some tips on home remedies for dandruff in kids.
Most people have realized what harm there is in using manufactured hair care products. Unfortunately, this usually happens when the harm has already been done. For a person who has not had such an experience, you may never tell when harm is about to strike. It is always great to learn from others. With such a realization, this post is structured to help you get rid of dandruff using natural ingredients at the comfort of your home. Read on to find out how.
Home Remedies for Severe Dandruff
- Home Remedies for Severe Dandruff
- Best Home Remedies for Dandruff
- Mouthwash for Dandruff Remedy
- Lemon for Dandruff Remedy
- Vitamins for Dandruff Remedy
- Herbal Remedies for Dandruff
- Home Remedies for Dandruff in Kids
- See More on Natural Dandruff Cures:
- Recommended: Getting Rid of Dandruff, Itchy Scalp & Best Dandruff Shampoo.
Home remedies for severe dandruff are easy to prepare. They also help to save a lot of money since the ingredients tend to be cheap. Below are some home remedies that have worked as severe dandruff solutions.
Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is an antifungal agent that helps to get rid of severe dandruff and other fungal skin disorders. It is meant for external use. Research shows that a concentration of 5 per cent in shampoos is enough to get rid of dandruff. To use teat tree oil for dandruff that is severe:
- Mix one portion of tea tree with an equal amount of a carrier oil such as olive oil.
- Massage this mixture into the affected area. Leave it in for no more than ten minutes.
- Shampoo hair thoroughly to get rid of the soaked flakes and remove the oil from hair. Condition after this.
Aloe Vera gel: Aloe Vera possesses antiseptic and antifungal properties and is one of the best home remedies for dandruff. While using it as a home remedy for severe dandruff, it is best to extract fresh juice from its leaves:
- Get enough aloe vera leaves
- Cut the leaves across and squeeze to extract the juice. Get enough for your head.
- Apply the juice on your scalp and leave it in for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the juice off thoroughly. This can be done twice a week.
Neem: Its leaves are known to treat a number of scalp problems such as lice. It is a wonderful fungicide and an antiseptic the reason why it works well as a home remedy for dandruff..
- Put some neem leaves in a sauce pan and boil them.
- Strain the leaves and get rid of them. Keep the water that is left.
- Wash hair as normal.
- Pour the neem water over your head and massage well.
- Wait for 30 minutes and then rinse hair well.
Best Home Remedies for Dandruff
The best home remedies for dandruff should get rid of the condition without harming the hair or the scalp. They should also be effective with time. Below are some at home remedies for dandruff that are great. We tell you how to use them
Fenugreek seeds (meetha) for making shampoo
- Give some fenugreek seeds an overnight soak in water.
- Make a paste out of them by mashing in the morning.
- Apply this paste on your scalp after shampooing.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes then rinse off hair.
Baking soda for Making Shampoo
- Dissolve one table spoon of baking soda in a cupful of water.
- Add a few drops of any essential oil.
- Use this in place of shampoo every time when washing hair.
- Use until there is no more dandruff
- Mash some few cloves of garlic into a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and wait for 20 minutes.
- Shampoo hair as normal afterwards.
Black pepper and plain yoghurt
- Get a tablespoonful of freshly ground black pepper.
- Add this to a cup of fresh plain yoghurt.
- Blend the mixture for an even mixture. This step is optional. It can be skipped if the black pepper is finely ground.
- Have this mixture applied on the scalp and leave it in for an hour.
- Rinse hair with a mild shampoo.
- Get some apples and blend them.
- Mix it in equal portions with water.
- Apply the mixture on scalp and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Another of the home remedies for dandruff is using olive oil as an ingredient.
- Warm up some olive oil and then massage it on the scalp at night.
- Cover head with a plastic cap and leave it overnight.
- Wash the hair with a mild shampoo. Be sure to be thorough since flakes will have soaked in the oil and loosen up. Ensure all the residue is rinsed off.
- Use a hair spray bottle to spritz the mixture on the scalp and hair.
- Massage it in and leave it to rest for a few minutes
- Rinse hair well.
Mouthwash for Dandruff Remedy
Mouth wash for dandruff remedy works perfectly well because of its antiseptic qualities. One though has to be careful when choosing one for the purposes of dandruff treatment. Go for a colorless one as colored ones may discolor hair. Below is how to prepare mouthwash as a homemade dandruff remedy.
- Get clear Listerine mouthwash and mix one part of it with two parts of water.
Lemon for Dandruff Remedy
Lemon juice eliminates dandruff and excess oil build up in hair. To prepare lemon for dandruff remedy:
- Get a single lemon and squeeze out its juice into a mixing bowl.
- Add five tablespoons of coconut oil into it and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it in.
- Rinse hair well after 29 minutes.
Vitamins for Dandruff Remedy
Vitamins A and B are necessary for a healthy scalp and to keep dandruff away. They can be consumed in either of two ways:
- Vitamin supplements: These can be bought over the counter.
- In diet: Eating foods rich in vitamin A and B can help eliminate dandruff in your hair.
Herbal Remedies for Dandruff
Certain herbs have antiseptic and anti fungal properties which makes them ideal for treating dandruff. Some of these can be used alone or mixed with others. They include:
Basil leaves and alma: To make a remedy for dandruff from these:
- Crush a few basil leaves and mix this with alma.
- Add a little water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste remedy on scalp and wait for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
Aloe vera: This is yet another great herbal remedy. Below is how to gain maximum benefits from it.
- Scoop some aloe juice from its leaves using a spoon.
- Apply this on your scalp and leave it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo as normal.
Rosemary leaves: Apart from having a great aroma, rosemary can be used as a herbal dandruff remedy. Below is how.
- Crush rosemary leaves in a bowl.
- To the crushed leaves, add one table spoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this mixture on scalp
- Let it rest for around 20 minutes then rinse it off.
Home Remedies for Dandruff in Kids
When dealing with kids, it is important to be cautious about what home remedies for dandruff in kids we use. This is because their scalps are not as hardened as those of grownups. It is important to try the home remedy of choice on a small patch first to see if they react. If they don’t, go ahead and use it.
In case there was no initial reaction but some itch or irritation is experienced within the course of treatment, it is best to quit using it. Some remedies such as apple cider vinegar and tea tree are too strong and one may want to keep off them when dealing with kids. Try milder ones such as aloe vera, olive oil and garlic.
See More on Natural Dandruff Cures:
- Best Natural Dandruff Treatment – Olive Oil, Jojoba & Castor Oil
- Best Dandruff Solutions for Severe Bad Dandruff
- How to Stop Dandruff Naturally, Fast & for Good
- How to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally, Fast & Permanently
- Dandruff Cures – Natural and At-Home Cures for Dandruff
- Best Natural Dandruff Shampoo – All Natural & Homemade Recipe
- Eyebrow Dandruff Cause, Treatment & How to Stop