What is the best homemade conditioner for dry hair? There are natural conditioners that you can make at home with a DIY recipe if you have the right ingredients. If you have dry damaged hair, or natural hair that suffers from low moisture, here’s how to make deep leave in conditioner for your hair.
Dry hair is always dull and brittle. It is nothing that any woman wishes for. In case it happens to be on our head, the wish that many have is to transform it to a healthy thick mane. This can be achieved by using quality products. These do not have to be the expensive ones available in stores. You can make your own. In this post, we give you ingredients to the best and natural homemade conditioners for dry hair. Here’s how to make both leave in and deep conditioners for dry and damaged hair.
Homemade Deep Conditioner for Dry Hair
Hair conditioning is recommended for any type of hair. In case this vital routine is skipped, hair damage may occur. The good thing is that conditioning can help reverse this as it helps to add moisture and treat damaged hair. Below we discuss some homemade deep conditioners for dry hair titled depending on their main ingredient.
Dry hair is quite weak and is prone to breakage. Vegetable oil such as coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil strengthens dry hair by adding moisture to it. Vegetable oils can be used for hot oil treatments to hydrate dry hair.
- Warm the oil a little bit
- Apply this to towel dried hair
- Cover it up with a shower cap and wrap it up in a hot towel. Wait for thirty minutes.
- Rinse using a mild shampoo.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a great conditioner for dry hair. It helps to clear up dead skin on the scalp and relieves itchiness caused by dandruff build up. Getting rid of product build up helps to improve blood circulation in the scalp and open up hair follicles. This helps to improve dry hair.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water in a ratio of 1:2.
- Massage the mixture on already shampooed hair.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes and rinse it off after that.
Eggs are made up of proteins which is good for hair growth. Egg whites are used for making homemade conditioners for dry hair.
- These can work best when mixed with a little vinegar and vegetable oil.
- Apply this mixture on wet hair and wait for a few minutes.
- Rinse hair well using a mild shampoo and cool water.
Aloe vera is mostly known for its wonders in skin care. Its magic does not end there. It works great on dry hair to give it a shiny soft appearance that is free of frizz.
- Get some aloe vera in a mixing bowl
- Mix it with vegetable oil and a few drops of essential oil.
- Massage this on hair gently. Let it rest for 15minutes.
Honey is a natural ingredient that gives dry hair that needed moisture and helps to retain moisture that is already in hair.
- Mix some honey with avocadoes and eggs
- These will add proteins and oils to dry hair which will restore its glow.
Avocado works magic on dry weak hair. Since it is full of natural fats and oils, it adds moisture and leaves the hair soft and shiny.
- Mash an avocado and mix it with the egg white.
- Apply this on hair and leave it in for 30 minutes.
Homemade Deep Conditioner for Dry Damaged Hair
Dry damaged hair needs deep conditioning in order to restore its shine, softness and luster. Here are some examples of homemade deep conditioner for dry damaged hair
Avocado oil conditioner
Avocado oil is best for dry damaged hair. It has extra fatty acids that add shine to it.
- Heat some avocado oil in a microwave for five seconds.
- Apply this on dry damaged hair and leave it in for 30 minutes.
Banana and avocado conditioner
Bananas are good for hair because they nourish hair and prevent it from getting frizzy. Avocado softens hair and adds moisture. When used together it’s a perfect blend for dry damaged hair.
- Blend a ripe banana together with a ripe avocado.
- Add a spoonful of olive oil to the mixture.
- Apply on hair and let it sit for at least 30 minutes
- Rinse your hair.
How to Make Homemade Conditioner for Dry Hair
Homemade conditioner for dry hair is easy and simple to make. Below we tell you how to make homemade conditioner for dry hair.
Eggs and yoghurt
Eggs and yoghurt are good for dry hair. They will moisturize and also repair dry hair. To make this you will need two egg whites.
- Whisk the egg whites and mix in the yoghurt.
- Apply this on hair and wait for 30 minutes.
- Rinse well with a mild shampoo.
Vinegar and eggs
To make this you will need two egg whites, ½ cup apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Add up all the ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Apply on wet hair and wait for 20 minutes.
- Rinse hair well with cold water.
Avocado and banana hair conditioner
These two work together to give perfect results. You will need one really ripe avocado and banana plus 2 table spoons of olive oil.
- Blend all these ingredients to make a smooth paste.
- Apply on wet hair and wait for 30 minutes
- Rinse off using a mild shampoo.
Coconut milk conditioner
You need one cup of coconut milk, two table spoons of coconut oil and one avocado.
- Mash the avocado and mix it with coconut milk
- Add the coconut oil.
- Apply on head and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the hair well.
Homemade Leave in Conditioner for Dry Hair
There are quite a number of homemade leave in conditioner for dry hair as mentioned earlier. You can experiment with any of them to see which one works best for you. The ingredients can be altered to suit the specific needs of the dry hair.
Natural Hair Conditioner for Dry Hair
Having a natural hair conditioner for dry hair can come in handy during bad hair days. Tea tree oil is an example of a natural hair conditioner for dry hair. It has a nice smell and adds moisture to hair. There are some shampoos and conditioners which contain this natural ingredient.
Honey is yet another natural hair conditioner. When mixed with olive oil, it will add moisture to dry hair. It should however be used with caution as it can lighten hair. Other examples of natural hair conditioners for dry hair include avocadoes, bananas, aloe vera and eggs. These can be used plain or paired up as discussed above.
Best Homemade Conditioner for Dry Hair
Dry frizzy hair can be very frustrating especially when you want to wear your hair down. This can be solved by using vegetable oil such as olive oil or coconut oil. Use these as hot oil treatments and leave them in overnight. In the morning wash hair using a mild shampoo and style as usual. This will prove to be your best homemade conditioner for dry hair.