There are very many natural dandruff treatments. In this post we give you the best natural dandruff treatments. We also go into depth on olive oil for dandruff treatment and give you some information on jojoba, neem and castor oil for dandruff treatment.
In the current times, hair and beauty products have been commercialized too much. As a result, products are made using very harsh chemicals at the expense of users. It is important to realize this and break away from using manufactured products as much as possible. One area where it is possible to go natural is on dandruff treatment. Read on to find out some of the great natural dandruff treatments there are.
Best Natural Dandruff Treatment
The best natural dandruff treatment should be capable of getting rid of dandruff at its most pure form. It should also cause no harm to the scalp, skin or hair. There are many natural dandruff treatments that work and which are economical. Sample some of these natural antidandruff treatments below.
Essential Oils Natural Dandruff Treatments
- Lavender: This has anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties which help to control the dandruff causing fungus.
- Rosemary: This is one of the most common natural dandruff treatments. It also has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has a lot of essential fatty acids in it. These support a healthy skin and other functions of the body. It can be ingested or applied directly on the affected skin.
Essential oils can be used with regular shampoos or used in homemade shampoos. For a homemade shampoo, add a few drops of the oil in some purified water and some hair soap. Shake up the mixture and apply on hair whenever showering. Leave it to stand in for a few minutes and rinse as usual. While conditioning, ensure you only do it from mid the strands up to prevent the conditioner from getting on the scalp.
Natural Dandruff Treatment with Plants
Some natural dandruff treatments consists of plants and herbs. Some of these home remedies have nutritional value while others only have medicinal properties. Their uses therefore range from application to consumption. Among these are:
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a great topical solution for most dandruff conditions. Whether it is as a result of dry skin, fungus, eczema or skin irritation, aloe vera will help soothe the skin and scalp by ridding you off dandruff. Where possible, it is best to use the juice from the actual plant. In case you use purchased aloe, keep off any that has fragrance and color. Try and get one that is at its most natural state.
- Biotin rich foods: Biotin can be found in plants such as organic soy, walnuts and almonds. They help in working the dandruff problem from inside out. Foods rich in B vitamins such as dark leafy vegetables are also great natural dandruff treatments.
- Copaiba: This natural dandruff treatment has antifungal properties. Extracts from this herb can be added in hair washing regimen or used in homemade shampoos. It helps soothe inflammation and flaking of the skin too.
- Horse tail: This is yet another great herb that can be used as a natural dandruff treatment. It can be taken internally or be brewed for external use. In the later, it is left to soak in hot water overnight and used as a rinse or as the carrier in homemade shampoos. It is an astringent and supports skin healing.
- Kelp: Kelps are sea weeds that were used in indigenous times to produce soda ash. They supply iodine and minerals to the scalp which helps to relief dandruff. One can burn them to get kelp ash which is then used on the scalp.
Treating dandruff is so much about knowing what its cause is. Once loaded with this information, one can then seek a natural dandruff treatment that has the ability to address the root cause. One can try as many of these natural anti dandruff treatments as possible. This will help save a lot of money and keep your hair safe from harsh products that could succeed in eliminating the dandruff but leave your hair weak.
Aloe Vera Dandruff Treatment
Aloe vera dandruff treatment is a great way to stop the skin from flaking. It is best used in its most natural form. Where one can lay hands on aloe vera leaves, simply extract the juice and apply it on the affected area. Leave it for some time before rinsing off.
Olive Oil for Dandruff Treatment
Olive oil for dandruff treatment can be used in a number of ways. These will require different amounts and time. Depending on preferences and resources, sample the various ways through which you can use olive oil for natural dandruff treatment.
Olive oil soak: This is the best way to get rid of severe dandruff. One should pour some of it onto their palm and massage into the scalp. After this, cover your head with a shower cap and sleep in it. This allows the oil to penetrate the scalp. The dry areas get moisturized and oil soaks into the flakes which helps in hydrating them sufficiently in a way that loosens and releases them in large sizes as opposed to small stubborn flakes. When the flakes get off, the scalp can be left to heal.
Wash the hair out in the morning or after eight hours’ soak.
Hot oil treatment: This treatment works best for mild and moderate dandruff conditions. Warm some olive oil by putting some in a vessel and dipping it in hot water. A microwave or sauce pan can also be used for the same. Let the oil get warm and use a cotton ball to apply it on the scalp. Avoid getting the oil on the hair. Cover your head with a shower cap for at least half an hour. Shampoo and condition as usual.
Olive oil and Vinegar rinse: This will help to cleanse the scalp as well as rejuvenate dull roots. Add apple cider vinegar, olive oil and distilled water in equal amounts of two tablespoons. This can be added depending on hair volume and length. Shake this well and pour it on damp hair as you massage it in. Leave it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
Essential Oil for Dandruff
Whenever a person picks an essential oil for dandruff treatment, there are various ways through which one can make use of it. One can opt for hot oil treatment, including it while shampooing or using it as a leave in conditioner. The choice that one makes should be determined by the severity of the condition.
Jojoba Oil for Dandruff
Jojoba oil for dandruff carries along with it more advantages than simply being a remedy for dandruff. It soothes an itchy scalp and hydrates it too. It also improves the general hair manageability.
Castor Oil for Dandruff
Castor oil for dandruff can be used with other vegetable oils as a natural treatment for dandruff. It can also be mixed with jojoba oil for deep conditioning or added to shampoos to add moisture to hair. These help to relief dandruff.
Neem Oil for Dandruff
Neem oil for dandruff treatment is a great natural treatment for dandruff. It helps to hydrate the scalp and thus help stop dry flakes. It tends to be too strong and one is therefore advised not to use it without diluting it with other oils such as olive oil especially when you have a sensitive skin.
See More on Natural Dandruff Cures:
- Best Natural & Herbal Home Remedies for Dandruff
- Best Dandruff Solutions for Severe Bad Dandruff
- How to Stop Dandruff Naturally, Fast & for Good
- How to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally, Fast & Permanently
- Dandruff Cures – Natural and At-Home Cures for Dandruff
- Best Natural Dandruff Shampoo – All Natural & Homemade Recipe
- Eyebrow Dandruff Cause, Treatment & How to Stop