What is the best pore minimizer? Here’s a list of top rated minimizing products including face primer, moisturizer and cleanser. All best pore minimizers for oily skin are listed below here for both women and men.
Large pores on cheeks, forehead, nose, chin and the entire face are a nuisance and I can attest to that because I have the oiliest skin ever. You would think I work for an oil refinery company because of how my face shines. While I can treat my face variously to control the oiliness, there is little I can do about my big pores on face. This is because my parents are the reason I have big pores. They both had acne in puberty. Therefore, I inherited the big pores from them.
Without dwelling on my face weaknesses, I can build confidence in myself with the best pore reducing products in the market. These products do not close pores on face and nose per se, but they make them appear as if they are closed. They do this without clogging my pores.
Unclogging pores on face takes a strict skin care regimen, which I would rather avoid. However, due to the big pores it is unavoidable. After unclogging pores then I can use the best pore minimizing products that will not damage my skin but leave it flawless. Let us look at some of those products.
Best Pore Minimizer Products at Drugstore
When you do not want to close pores on face naturally, then shopping for products in drugstores is a good starting point. Then you can move on to cosmetic stores if you cannot find the best drugstore pore minimizer. The advantage of shopping in drugstores is that you can find pore reducing products at the lowest price if you are working with a budget.
Some of the best drugstore pore minimizer includes:
- Revitol Pore Minimizer– one of the best pore minimizer products in the market that actually works.
- Clinique pore refining solutions correcting serum- a lightweight, oil-free serum that effectively clears pores and imparts a smooth, shine-free finish and it is perfect under makeup.
- Boscia Aluminizing Black Mask- rich in mineral such as detoxifying minerals with antioxidants which shrink the appearance of pores and close of vitamin C to brighten.
- Lancome Visionnaire Advance Skin Corrector- targets wrinkled skin with large skin pores. It consists of a high-tech solution, which dissolves, in the pore thus reducing its size.
- Dr. Dennis Extra Strength Alpha Beta and Face Peel
- Ole Hendrickson Invigorating Night Gel- purifies pores, nourishes skin and supports natural cell turnover while you sleep.
- Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer- exfoliates and minimizes pores at the same time
- Sephora Collection Pore Refining Serum-
- Philosophy Total Matteness Oil-Free, Mattifying Pore Eraser- all-natural bamboo ingredients to absorb excess oil and control shine instantly.
- Murad Blackhead and Pore Clearing Duo- a two-step solution used to treat blackheads and minimize visible pores. It is a powerful preventive duo.
- Dr. Brad Pores No More®Pore Refiner- a mattyfying pore minimizer product that uses microspheres to immediately minimize enlarged pores. It has also flaxseed to regulate oil production and keep shine at bay.
- Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Concentrates- a light weight oil-free formula that has Alguronic acid that refines skin texture. It also contain salicylic acid minimize pores.
Best Pore Minimizing Primer
Primers help in reducing the size of pores when used under makeup. They also fill in pores and fine lines and prevent foundation from looking cakey. I make my makeup last longer with the best pore minimizing primer. This way I forget about touching up my T-zone every hour.
There are various best pore minimizing primers, but the best pore primer is that which will give you a flawless look while holding your foundation in place. It should also control the shine on your face.
Here is a list of some of the best pore minimizing primer:
- Algenists Pore Corrector, which is applied over thick moisture skin and it, smoothen the appearance of pores. It also creates matte finish that lets someone to skip the powder.
- POREfessional, a very smooth pigmented pore primer.
- Clinique Pore Refining Instant Perfector
- MAC Mattifying Gel- This is the best pore minimizing primer is suitable for people with very oily and combination skin. It glides on smooth and dries a smooth matte finish helping to reduce and control the amount of oil in the skin. This pore primer transforms your skin into a perfect canvas for powder.
- Palladio Herbal Face Primer- another primer that helps in hydrating the skin while reducing the size of enlarged pores.
Pore Minimizing Moisturizer
Although some pore primers may work as moisturizers, it is important to have a separate moisturizer. A bottle of pore minimizing moisturizer will come in handy when you do not want to do makeup on your skin after cleansing, exfoliating and toning. You just want to hydrate your skin and stay that way. I love to wear makeup for special events only.
Therefore, a pore minimizing moisturizer is necessary for me. Furthermore, it must come with sunscreen so that am assured that my skin will not get damaged when I walk under the sun.
Here’s a list of top rated pore minimizing moisturizers
- Biore Pore Minimizing Lightweight Moisturizer SPF 15
- Skinceuticals Daily Moisturize Pore-minimizing Moisturizer
- Neutrogena Pore Refining Cream with SPF 15
- Pond’s Smooth Perfecting Complexion Perfecting Moisturizer SPF15
Best Pore Minimizing Cleanser
Cleansers do a great job in keeping my skin with enlarged pores clean and clog free. Although there are many face wash for large pores out there in the market, I love trying some of these, which are my best pore minimizer cleansers.
When shopping in your favorite drugstore, find any of these best pore minimizing cleanser and you will remove all the dirt from your large pores. Similarly, your skin will be free from the oils that your large pores produces in excess:
- Skinceuticals Simply Clean Pore Refining Gel Cleanser
- Olay Foaming Face Wash
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Purifying Foam Cleanser
- Clinique Pore Minimizer Thermal-Active Skin Refiner
- Avon’s Mark Need a Shrink? Pore Minimizer Lotion
Best Pore Minimizer for Oily Skin
With all the pore minimizing products in the market, the best pore minimizer for oily skin should be lightweight. Since your pores are already producing too much grease, there is no reason to pick on a product that will add another layer.
Therefore, a good product for oily skin should be water based instead of oil based. Furthermore, it would help a great deal if it has sunscreen so that you can wear it without adding a different product to protect your skin from the sunrays.
Best Pore Minimizer for Men- Skin Care Tips
Men have very oily skin and they have to deal with blackheads, acne, and ingrown hairs due to shaving incorrectly. Apart from learning to shave with a good razor after using a shaving cream, they should also do the following:
- Cleanse skin daily, in the morning and evening before going to bed with an oil free cleanser that contains Alpha and Beta Hydroxyl Acids to remove the gunk from the pores and to exfoliate.
- Moisturize with a water based moisturizer each time you cleanse. Use a pore minimizer moisturizer that contains retinoids if you have acne or blackheads
- Use a silicone based primer or best pore minimizer for men product to control skin shine
- Skinceuticals and Avene have the best pore minimizing products for men choose from their range.
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week especially if you have facial hair
- You can stop hair growth on face if you do not want to deal with ingrown hairs.