What is the best primer for large pores on face? Can I find a makeup primer for oily skin? For best primers such as best drugstore primer for large pores, and best primer makeup for large pores and oily seek, see the lists below.
Showing off your lovely self as a woman is very normal. It starts from your long growing hair, the clothes you wear, accessories and your skin. However, when you have large pores on facial skin it becomes difficult to come out of that cocoon and just be a lovely butterfly.
While you have tried all the tricks in the book about shrinking pores and nothing seems to work, then you cannot just stop there. That glowing skin is worth having if you want to be as confident as your favorite Oscar award-winning star strutting on the red carpet.
Since large pores on face are permanent because they are genetic in nature, there is no cure for them. The only way around them is to conceal them with makeup. To most people with sensitive skin makeup is a no go zone because it causes more flare-ups on skin. However, you can use makeup by creating a barrier with a primer.
You apply this product after you moisturize and before you apply your foundation. Some brands of primer can just be worn alone without having to add foundation. Overall, the primers help hide shrink the large pores so that they do not have to shout to the whole world to see them. What should you look for in the best makeup primer for large pores and which are the best brands? Find out shortly.
Best Makeup Primer for Large Pores
Before you seek the best makeup primer for large pores, you have to know how to reduce pore size. After that, you can then embark on your long journey of finding the best primer for large pores. I call it a long journey because what is meat for one person could be poison for another. However, there are a few things to look for in the best makeup primer brand.
- For starters, the best makeup primer for large pores should hide your worst nightmares, which are the pits.
- Since the causes of large pores is due to excessive oil production by the sebaceous glands on your facial skin, you should settle on a primer that does not add grease to your face or makes it shine.
- The best makeup primer for large pores should also have the ability to hold the makeup throughout the day. This way, you will require little or no touchups.
- If you have acne on your skin, then the best primer for large pores and acne prone skin in your case should contain ingredients that help fight those pimples. It should also not contain harmful ingredients that could cause more flare-ups.
- Finally, the best makeup primer for large pores should not smudge the foundation, which follows immediately after its application.
Best Primer for Large Pores and Oily Skin
When it comes to choosing the best primer for large pores and oily skin, there are hundreds and probably thousands of products out there in the market. In order to pick on the right one, it is important to read as may reviews as possible and find out how a certain product is reacting to people with large pores and oily skin.
According to most people, the best primer for large pores and oily skin should give a matte finish. Most primers that are able to live to this promise are either in gel or powder form. Furthermore, water based primers are better on skin that is oily with large pores.
There is a debate as to whether primers with silicone are ideal for oily skin. This is what I know. Silicone components are responsible for preventing shine on your already oily skin. Accumulation of silicone on skin with enlarged pores could lead to breakouts. Consequently, if you find a primer with silicone that is working out for you make a habit of unclogging your pores. This way you will not have to worry about new flare-ups each time you apply your makeup primer.
Here is a list of some of the best makeup primer for large pores and oily skin at drugstores from personal experience, reviews and discussions in skin care forums online.
- POREfessional by Benefit
- Mattify Ultra Powder
- Beauty Base Matifying by Lumene
- Napoleon Perdis Mattifying Mineral Primer
- Mac Mattifying Gel
- Palladio Herbal Face Primer
- Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer
- Prime Time Oil Control by Bare Minerals
Best Face Primer for Large Pores – Top 8
If you just want to hide the big pores and you have no issues with oiliness, then the best face primer for large pores would be those without silicones. In most cases, however, if you have large pores you are likely to have an oily skin. Some of these drugstore makeup primer for large pores contain silicone while others do not:
- Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Refiner
- Makeup For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer
- Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel
- Illuminating Perfecting Primer by Estee Lauder
- Larenim Invisipore
- Lorac Aquaprime
- Illamasqua Matt
7 Best Drugstore Primer for Large Pores
The best drugstore primer for large pores on acne prone oily skin and that works for most people include:
- Rimmel Fix & Perfect Face primer
- L’Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Smoothing Resurfacing primer
- Smashbox Photo Finish Pore & Line Primer
- Urban Decay
- PhotoReady Perfecting Primer by Revlon
- Airbrush Away Primer by No7
- 5 Second Perfect Blur by Garnier
If try any of best drugstore primers for large pores above and it fails to provide the effect you are looking for, you can always look for alternative treatments for large pores from cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists. This way, you do not have to wear makeup to conceal large pores.