Purple lipstick is one of the most flattering lipsticks on any skin tone. Here, discover best purple lipsticks such as dark purple, deep purple, bright, light purple, red-purple and pink-purple. Also, learn how to wear purple lipstick and top brands such as NYX, Revlon and Maybelline below.
How to Wear Purple Lipstick
- How to Wear Purple Lipstick
- Best Purple Lipstick Colors and Shades
- Neon Purple Lips
- Deep/Dark Purple Lipstick
- Bright Light Purple Lipstick
- Purple Red Lipstick
- Purple Pink Lipstick
- Smoked Purple Lipstick
- Matte Purple Lipstick
- Best Drugstore Purple Lipstick
- Best Purple Lipstick Brands Overall
- Other Top Rated Purple Lip Makeups to Try
- Celebrities Who Wear Purple Lipstick
Whether it is spring or summer,purple brands such as NYX Slim Lip Pencil remains one of the hottest trending lip colors, as well as a few other lipsticks. You can get purple lips with lip gloss or using the best lip color. But what is the best purple shade after all? Below, we will list some of the top rated purple lip color shades according to reviews. Before that, know how to wear purple lipstick for a chic fashionable you!
There is a wide range of purple lip colors, ranging from intense plums to barely there violets. How to choose the right one for your skin tone, and knowing how to wear purple lipstick the perfect way is the actual beauty task here. Purple is not like other vampy lipsticks such as dark blue lipsticks, white lipstick, yellow and green lipsticks. Therefore, you will need to be so careful with it to avoid creating that scary effect common during Halloween.
- Purple Lip stick for Medium Skin Tone: The best purple shade lipstick for girls with medium skin tone is that with some warm yellow undertones.
- Purple Lipstick for Fair, Pale or Light Skin Tone: If you are a fair skinned girl, avoid dark purple lipstick or any dark shades. Instead, the best purple shade for fair skinned women is that with pink or blue undertones. Bright purple will be appropriate for fair skin. Select appropriately depending on your purple undertones.
- Purple Lipstick for Dark Skin Tone: Black women can also pull off purple or violet. Just like brown lipsticks that suit black skin perfectly well, any shade of purple will look great on dark skinned women. From deep purple to lilac, all purple lip colors will look great on dark skin tones.
Since purple is really a bold color, you must be wondering about how to apply lipstick in purple. Well, other than the tips on how to choose the best purple lipstick above, you need to learn how to wear purple lip color without overwhelming the rest of your face makeup.
Wear a neutral eyeshadow and couple it with a nice light touch of mascara. It is optional to wear a light touch of eyeliner as well as doing a touch of blush. However, if you feel that purples are too much color for you, you can opt for a good purple tinted lip gloss. See below a few suggested products such as lip glosses to try. You could also add purple lip gloss after applying purple lipstick on your lips. Don’t forget to do your nails perfectly and even accessorize your outfit well with accessories such as purple earrings and so on.
Best Purple Lipstick Colors and Shades
Berry purple, violet purple, fuchsia lipsticks, plum purple shades and berry purple are all some of the best shades of purple lip colors.
Neon Purple Lips
If you thought bright purple lip color was shouting, neon is a glow. Neon purple lipstick can be worn as part of a costume to a party, such as Halloween. You can rock it with some purple contact lenses, or glow in the dark cat eye contacts.
Deep/Dark Purple Lipstick
The deeper you go, the more wicked you might become. Dark purple lipsticks may not be very good for everyone, but you can rock it. See above on how to wear this lip makeup for tips on how to use dark purple lip color.
Bright Light Purple Lipstick
Bright or light purple lipstick is good for light skinned women. Remember that bright lipstick will highlight your lips. Therefore, if you want downplay or highlight any type of lips, be careful with your choice of light purple color.
Purple Red Lipstick
Purply red come sometimes look too much. It has dark red undertones in it. It is often recommended for redheads or people with a dark skin with golden undertones. Try purple red lipstick if you like deep colors. Most people find it a classic rather than a trendy lipstick.
Purple Pink Lipstick
Purple pink lipstick is a shade of purple with pink undertones. This shade or color of purple lip color is best for people with fair skin, or have warm undertones in their skin complexion.
Smoked Purple Lipstick
Do you like smoky eyes and generally smoky makeup? Well, now there is a smoked purple for you to try. This is a deep, dark reddened purple lip color for those who like intense colors. The best smoked purple is MAC Smoked Purple lip makeup.
Matte Purple Lipstick
Matte lipsticks have no shine or gloss. They are the best to wear when you do not want to attract too much attention on your lips, but still keep some tint onto them. Matte purple lip color is likely a darker shade, and can be worn by all skin tones and complexions.
Choose a brand that is truly matte, or try the swatches. But where shall you need to wear a matte finish rather than the glossy, lip plumping lipstick? Well, if you are going to spend your day in the office, matte lipstick in purple will do you good. Check at the drugstore for cheap matte lipsticks.
Best Drugstore Purple Lipstick
When you want to get that inexpensive yet top rated lipstick, where do you turn to? Purple lipsticks at drugstore are cheap and of good quality. The prices are usually much lower than those in other outlets. So, what is the best drugstore lip makeup in purple? Perhaps you are looking for brands under $10. Here are top 3 drugstore lipsticks in shades of purple that we recommend for fall/winter.
- NYC Lipstick in “Berry Rich”
- Revlon Super Lustrous Line in “27- Violet Frenzy
- Maybelline Elixir in “040 – Vision in Violet
Best Purple Lipstick Brands Overall
The best purple lipstick is likely to be one that looks great on your natural skin tone. However, you may want to try out brands that produce high quality lipstick in purple. Here are the top rated or in no particular order.
- Dolce & Gabanna Duo Gloss Fusion Sheer Lipstick
- Best MAC: MAC Matte Lipstick in Smoked Purple, MAC “Too Supreme” Sheen Supreme Lipglass in Dress Kimono (plum shade)
- Best Maybelline: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Brazen Berry
- Revlon in Purple: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Violet Frenzy
- NYX: NYX Slim Lip Pencil – Purple Rain
- Lancôme Rouge in Love Lipstick in “Violette Coquette (for all skin tones)
- Shiseido Shimmering Rouge in Venus (berry purple shade)
- KA’OIR By Keyshia KAOIR “Racquel” Bright color
- Dior Rouge Dior Lip Colour in #786 Mysterious Mauve
Other Top Rated Purple Lip Makeups to Try
If you don’t like the feel of lipstick on your lips, or the heavy color resting on your lips, you can try other products such as lip balm, lip gloss, tints and other great lip makeups with a purple tint. Here are some of the best picks you should buy today.
- Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in Blackberry Nirvana (purple lip gloss)
- Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain in Saucy Plum (best smear proof purple lip stain)
- Laura Mercier Lip Stain in Sugar Violet (a pinky-violet lip gloss)
- Pacifica Color Quench Natural Moisturizing Lip Tint in Purple Fig (100% natural and vegan lip tint)
- Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Pencil in Apocalypse
Celebrities Who Wear Purple Lipstick
Rihanna Purple Lipstick almost became the subheading of this section! You have seen her pout turned from purple to black to just about any other color. But Rihanna purple lip color is not the only trend-setter. Other celebrities, models and actresses who wear purple on their lips include Kery Hilson, Letoya Luckett, Estelle, etc.