Best red lipstick picks for your skin type will make your lips look great. Here, learn what shade of red lipstick is good for you, top-rated red lip color for fair skin, olive skin, dark skin tone and pale skin complexion. Also, find out the perfect red lip color for redheads, blondes, brunettes, brown and black women below.
Best red lipstick brands are one of the ultimate staples for sexy ladies. Like bright pink lip color, red is a bold statement to make on your lips. But the best shade of for fair skin toned women is different from the best red shade for olive skin tone, dark skin girls etc. You must learn how to wear red lipstick that is perfect for your type of skin and even type of lips.
Below, we have listed the best for fair skin, great lipsticks for olive skin, dark skin, redheads, blondes, brunettes and even pale skin tones. You will also find tips, ideas and suggestions on how to wear red lipstick to look perfect. But first, let’s look at the best brands trending on the market for summer, spring, winter and other seasons.
Best Red Lipstick Brands Overall Top Rated Red Lip Color List
- Best Red Lipstick Brands Overall Top Rated Red Lip Color List
- Best Drugstore Red Lipstick
- Best Red Lipstick for Fair Skin
- Best Red Lipsticks for Olive Skin
- Best Red Lipstick for Brown Skin
- Best Red Lipstick on Black Women & Dark Skin
- Best Red Lipstick for Brunettes
- Best Red Lipstick for Redheads
- How to Wear Red Lipstick (Applying)
- Best Dark Red Lipstick (Deep Red)
- Best Blue Red Lipstick or Red Lipstick with Blue Undertones
- Best Deep Red Lipstick
- Best Long Lasting Red Lipstick
- Best Red Glitter Lipstick
- Best L’Oreal Red Lipstick: L’Oreal Color Riche® Star Secrets Lip colour in Penelope’s Red
- Best MAC Red Lipsticks: M.AC. Lipstick in Ruby Woo, MAC Matte Lipstick, MAC Russian Red
- Best Revlon Love That, Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick Fire and Ice
- Barry M Lip Paint Perfect Red
- Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF15 in Red-y to Wear
- CoverGirl LipPerfection Lipstick in Hot
- Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon
- Tom Ford Jasmine Rouge Lip Color in Narcotic Rouge
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Kate #1
- MAC Too Supreme Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Insanely It
- Christian Dior Serum de rouge Luminous Colour Lip Treatment
- Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick in Iconic
- NARS Lipstick in Heatwave
- Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d’Armani Lipstick in 401
- Victoria’s Secret Lipstick in Showstopper
- Vincent Longo Velvet Riche Rejuvenating Lipstick in Carnelian Whisper
- Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lipcolour, Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in Pirate
- Avon ANEW Youth-Awakening Lipstick SPF15 in Regal Red
- Estee Lauder Signature Hydra Lust Lipstick
Other than all these top-rated brands, it is important to learn how to wear red lipstick. It now becomes an art that you must learn since it comes down to your skin tone, eye color, outfits to wear with red shades of lipstick and even hair color. Read more below to learn how to choose and wear red lip colors and lip stain.
Best Drugstore Red Lipstick
What is the best drugstore red lipstick? From matte to glitter red, you can get inexpensive drugstore red lip color at your nearest drugstore. Popsugar notes that most people fear red lips, but sometimes it is a matter of cost. If the price were to reduce dramatically, then most would buy from inexpensive drugstores. Walgreens and many other outlets including Amazon sell lip makeup for cheap, but those don’t compare to drugstore prices. So, what is the best drugstore red lip stick? Here’s a list of top 3 inexpensive drugstore brands under $10:
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor Very Cherry
- NYX Matte Lipstick Perfect Red
- Boots No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in Love Red
Best Red Lipstick for Fair Skin
What is the best red lipstick for fair skin? You can bet the best shade of red lip color for dark or olive skin tones is not the same as that for fair skin. Below, we will look at the right shades of red lips for different skin tones, starting with girls with a fair skin tone.
For people with a fair skin tone, the shade of red that will make them look glamorous are those with coral hints. These add a shot of color to your skin tone and are not too overpowering on your natural skin tone. Some of the best shades for fair skin or pale skin complexion are:
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fire & Ice (for a true classic red lips look)
- Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick in Are You Red-dy (for velvet-y red lips)
Best Red Lipsticks for Olive Skin
So, what shade of red is the best lipstick for girls with olive skin? Well, warm shades of red, especially those with some green undertones will look great. You can also try cool reds as they will enhance your skin too. Shades of red with blue undertones can also be worn by girls with an olive skin tone. Here are 3 best picks for olive skin tone.
- Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick (has blue undertones in it)
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Spf15
- Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Favori Red and that in Ara Red (You’ll find them blue enough and perfect red lipstick for olive skin even though they have hints of orange undertones)
Best Red Lipstick for Brown Skin
What’s the best red lipstick on brown skin? You need something that will bring out the warm undertones in your brown skin. Whether your skin tone is medium brown or solid brown, a good red color of lipstick with some tan in it will be your perfect red lip stick. Here are the top red lip sticks for brown skin.
- MAC’s Russian Red
- NARS Jungle Red Lipstick (good when worn with nude eye makeup)
- Cranberry Cream by Clinique (perfect for deep brown skin and comes with purple undertones)
Best Red Lipstick on Black Women & Dark Skin
If you have a dark skin, there are shades of red variations that you should not touch. The best red lipstick for dark skin should be deep red. Rich red colors such as warm brick, burgundy etc. will be the best. Black women should avoid super bright lipsticks. Here are 3 perfect picks of lip color for dark skinned girls.
- Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Smoky Rouge (this one will feel luxe and creamy)
- L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Red Rhapsody (top-rated for moisturizing too)
- Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Effects Lipstick in Ruby Pearl (has golden undertones)
Best Red Lipstick for Brunettes
Hair color and red lips – how do you match the two? Other than choosing the best brands for different skin tones, you need to consider your hair color and natural eye color while choosing the best shade of red.
- If you have dark eyes and black hair, try going for red lipstick with brown undertones.
- Plum, dusky rose and mauve will be the perfect red lip colors for brunettes with olive skin color.
- Choose a sun-kissed look of red for brunettes like peach or deep apricot if you have light brown hair that tans easily. You may try stronger shades of red, such as rust and cinnamon if you are a brunette with a fair skin.
Best Red Lipstick for Redheads
What is the best red lipstick for redheads? Do redheads look good in red lipsticks? Golden headed girls are warm. Here are tips for choosing the best red lipstick for redheads.
- If you do have pink or cool skin tones, go for shades with plum or blue undertones.
- For redheads with yellow and warm skin tones, the bets shades of red lip color are red-browns, coral reds and red orange shades.
- Cherry red shades are great for redheads with neutral skin tones. Scarlet red is also perfect.
- Redheads with blue eyes, grey eyes or green eyes will look great in the best lipstick colors close to shades of bright blue-reds.
There are many shades of red, but which is the best brand of red lip color? Here, we will list top-rated lipstick brands in different shades such as dark red, blue red, deep red, glitter and even go deeper to look at best long lasting red lip makeup.
How to Wear Red Lipstick (Applying)
Whether it is matte red, or blood red lipstick, it is important to know that you can get that universal sexy look. Dramatic celebrities such as Miley Cyrus and Kylie Jenner know the secret to apply red lip makeup. One of the biggest problems with wearing blood red is that it is likely to bleed. So, tip number one is to ensure that you wear a good lip liner that is close to your own skin tone. Mostly, something that looks nude on you would do great.
Choose the right shade: There are various shades of red, from glitter to brick red, dark to light, with blue undertones and those with orange ones, matte and glossy, blue red and so much more. One universal trick you should learn is that real red colors with a little bit of blue undertones would suit almost every skin tone.
Don’t Clash with Nails: Another important tip on how to wear red lipstick is that you should not try to match your red lips with nail polish. You will end up looking vampy, unless that is the intention for Halloween. Apply a clear nail polish, or just something that is dark or light colored.
Older Women = Lighter Shades: For older women regardless of whether they are fair skin, olive skin or dark skinned, a lighter shade of red, perhaps brick red as opposed to blood red would be fitting. Deeper shades will accentuate your thinning lips, something that is not very good.
Best Dark Red Lipstick (Deep Red)
Dark red lipstick, like dark blue lip colors, can look great and work well for costume. Some people call it the vamp lip. Here are the best dark reds to try.
- Lancôme’s Parme Flanelle
- Urban Decay’s Apocalyps Dark Red
- Burberry Hawthorn Berry Lip Color
- Estée Lauder’s Black Cassis
Best Blue Red Lipstick or Red Lipstick with Blue Undertones
These are also called blue based red lipstick or blue toned red lipstick. So, if you are looking for red lipstick with blue undertones, you could try some of the best drugstore blue based lipstick picks such as the ones listed below. Such makeups are great for a time when you just want to look classically hot. The following are the most reviewed and top rated best blue red lip color picks for you to try.
- Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Color in Pirate
- Wet N Wild Megalast Lip Color in 911d
- Mac Lipstick in Ruby Woo
- Armani Rouge D’armani in Rouge 400
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl
Best Deep Red Lipstick
The irresistible deep color on your lips can easily transform your lips. Some of them may smooth out fine lines, others come with a sheen so you won’t have to use lip gloss, while some will help plump your lips. But what are the best deep picks?
- Giorgio Armani #408
- MAC Good to Be Bad
- NARS Mascate
- Guerlain Orgueil
- MAC Dark Side
Best Long Lasting Red Lipstick
Do you hate red lip color fading too fast on your lips? You need the best long lasting red lip makeup to try. Here are some of the top-rated long lasting red lipsticks for you.
- CoverGirl Flipstick in Cheeky
- Sephora Lip Cream Stain in Always Red
Best Red Glitter Lipstick
Glitter lips can’t be left to metallic lipsticks and glitter nail polishes only. Even without gold lipstick, you can still rock the best red glitter lipstick. Here are picks of glitter lipstick to try.
- Graftobian Professional Lipstick, Red Glitter
- Stila’s Long Wear Lip Color Crème in Phenomenal
- Manic Panic’s Ruby Slippers
Although you will see celebrities with brick red, sheer red or light red lip makeup season in season out, be very careful when choosing the best red lipstick brands to wear on your pout. Yes, it is a very bold color, but remain keen on your choices. That is what makes celebrities look beautiful with their fire engine pouts – knowing how to choose and how to wear the best red lipstick.