What conception tips for women and men are there? Are there valuable tips for trying to conceive? In this piece, find out the conception tips for women and men above 40, best and natural tips, tricks, and conception sex positions.
A family can never be complete without a child. Therefore, most couples look forward to making a baby or two whom they can raise in a loving environment. However, conceiving is not as easy as most couples imagine. Some may take months and others years before they can conceive. It all depends on the age of the woman and the man.
While it may be advisable to try to conceive in the 20s for greater success, couples still do it even in their 40s and succeed as well. In order for the older couples to conceive, they must be vigilant on a few issues concerning their health as well some tricks in the bedroom. Let us now focus on those tips for conception for both men and women. The best tricks for conception positions and natural conception tips.
Tips for Trying to Conceive
- Tips for Trying to Conceive
- Eat Healthy Foods
- Check any Underlying Health Conditions
- Quit Alcohol, Cigarettes and Hard Drugs
- Keep Fit
- Reduce Caffeinated Drinks
- Have Lots of Sex
- Conception Tips for Women
- Conception Tips for Men
- Best Conception Tips and Tricks
- Conception Tips – Positions
- Natural Conception Tips
- More on Conception:
- Read More on Pregnancy Signs and Ovulation.
When trying to conceive, there are a few things that you must do to ensure you are successful. You should not just hop into bed with you partner and expect a baby after one or two sex sessions. On average 85% of women, get pregnant after a year of trying to conceive. This just shows how it takes time and requires patience on the couple’s part.
However, with the following tips for trying to conceive, a couple should be able to become expectant within a few months of trying. These are tips that have seen other women and men being successful in the endeavor of conception and they can work for you as well.
Eat Healthy Foods
A balanced diet is necessary when it comes to trying to conceive. You have to eat all the nutrients in the right proportions and more so, pay attention to specific nutrients that are vital in the baby making process. You will need plenty of the following nutrients:
- Vitamins A, B, C, D & E
- Minerals such as zinc, copper, and potassium
- Folic acid
In order to find the above nutrients, you will have to eat lean meats or fish, fresh diary products, fruits and vegetables of different colors. In order to find variety of nutrients in the vegetables and fruits, always eat those that are dark green, red and purple.
Check any Underlying Health Conditions
For better results in trying to conceive, book an appointment with your doctor, a general practitioner who can run a thorough check up on you. You not only want a baby, but a healthy baby as well. Some conditions may be ruining your efforts and the best way to find out, is to have a doctor examining you. This will also prevent any complications to the conceived baby.
Quit Alcohol, Cigarettes and Hard Drugs
If you are a smoker, an alcoholic or use any hard drugs, you may want to cut using them. This is because they prevent you from conceiving. Cigarettes reduce the level of estrogen hormone and cause infertility in both men and women.
Furthermore, when using any of these substances you could conceive a baby who turns out to have abnormalities caused by these substances. Quitting your bad habit may not be easy, but if you are desperately trying to conceive, you will have no other choice.
Exercises are not only lifesavers in between the sheets, but they also ensure that your body is in good shape. Besides, you can avoid stress by simply exercising. You can maintain the right body weight through exercises. Being overweight or under weight can jeopardize your efforts in trying to conceive. Therefore, ensure that your body mass index (BMI) is 20-25 as anything above that is obese and below it means you are not fit to conceive.
Reduce Caffeinated Drinks
Coffee is a preferred beverage for many because it keeps the mind alert. However, too much of it is not good as it adds caffeine into the blood. Caffeine causes infertility in both men and women.
Have Lots of Sex
There can be no conception without sex. Therefore, couples should strive to have sex more often, at least three times a week. Sex should be enjoyable and not for the purposes of procreation. This way, the couple will remain stress free when doing it, hence increasing chances of conceiving.
Conception Tips for Women
If you are, a woman trying to conceive follow these conception tips for women.
- Know your menstrual cycle and pin down the dates of ovulation. The chances of getting pregnant before ovulation are higher than after. You can know you ovulation days easily using fertility monitor.
- Try to conceive when you are in your 20s because as the age progresses the lesser chances you have of conceiving quickly and easily. It is much harder after the age of 35 years.
- After sex, women should lie down and should not go to the toilet immediately to prevent the sperm from discharging from the vagina.
Conception Tips for Men
Conception tips for men of 40 years and above require that men eat more of fruits and vegetables. For a healthier sperm, a man needs vitamin C and E, folic acid and Zinc. If these are not available in natural food stuffs, they can be supplemented with over the counter vitamins and minerals.
Men should avoid activities that could cause testicular damage. This has the effect on conception. Activities such as biking should be done so with padded seats on bikes and shorts to prevent any damages.
Do not wait to get to fifty years of age to try to conceive, as the sperm count will have reduced significantly. Try to make a baby while still in your 40s.
Best Conception Tips and Tricks
These are the best conception tips and tricks:
- Monitoring when you are ovulating
- Eating healthily
- Enjoying sex instead of doing it as routine
Conception Tips – Positions
There are some conception tips positions that are known to work better in getting the sperm to swim right into the cervix. These are actually sex positions that allows for deep penetration so that the sperm gets the chance to swim fast to fertilize an egg. Some of these conception positions include:
- The plough (wheelbarrow)
- The dolphin
- The butterfly
- Rock & Roller
Natural Conception Tips
What if you want to conceive naturally? What natural conception tips should one try in order to get pregnant? Here are three best conception tips for women and men trying to conceive in vain.
- Avoid caffeine
- Practice yoga or go for yoga classes to learn meditation and relaxation
- Eat foods with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables
More on Conception:
- How to Calculate Conception Date from Ultrasound & Due Date
- Find Out Conception Date by Due Date & Ultrasound
- Changed and Increased Discharge after Conception
- Stomach Cramping after Conception – Is it Normal?
- Chinese Conception Chart, Calendar and Calculator
- First and Earliest Signs of Conception & Physical Signs
- How to Determine Date of Conception by Calculation
- What is Conception? Definition of Conception