Before settling for medicated products, it is always advisable to try natural and at home cures for dandruff. In this post we tell you how to make the best dandruff cures, natural cures for dandruffs and dandruff cures at home. Read on to sample the recipes.
For some people, dandruff may appear like an unconquerable enemy. This though should not be the case. There are many ways of lessening its severity and eliminating it as well. These do not have to involve trips to the dermatologist or forking out a lot of cash at the beauty shop. Natural remedies are inexpensive and not harsh on hair. Teach yourself how to make and use them by sampling the various options provided below.
Best Dandruff Cures – Homemade
Homemade best dandruff cures tend to produce results with time, are effective and have little if any side effects. They should also be easy to use and readily available. Below are some of these.
Both apple cider vinegar and white vinegar are effective in treating dandruff by addressing the problem from the roots. It gets rid of the dead skin cells and the unwanted flakes. It also acts as a fungicide and therefore reduces the growth of dandruff causing fungus. The only downside to using these best dandruff cures is the awful smell which only goes away after the next shower.
For this treatment, you will need: ½ a cup of vinegar and an equal amount of warm water. This can be varied depending on hair length and volume.
- Mix the two in a mixing bowl.
- Smoother it into the hair gently for a few minutes.
- Rinse using plain water and wait for at least eight hours before shampooing.
- Repeat this twice every week.
Backing soda is a mild exfoliator. It also helps to break down the flakes on the skin into smaller pieces. This helps to get rid of dead skin cells. It also possesses fungicide properties.
To work with this, you will need a tablespoon of baking soda, a cup of water and around three drops of rosemary oil.
- Mix the ingredients in a hairspray bottle.
- Shake well until everything is well integrated.
- Apply generous amounts on hair.
- Use this in place of a shampoo after every other day.
Natural Cures for Dandruff
Natural cures for dandruff help to get rid of dandruff without subjecting the scalp and hair to harsh treatments. Sample below some natural remedies that have proven to be effective in curing dandruff.
Aloe vera can be used to relief one from the uneasiness that having dandruff brings along. It inhibits the process through which there is a proliferation of skin cells. Its constituents have the ability to slow down how fast the skin cells grow. This way the dead skin cells turnover is minimized. This helps restore normalcy in cell growth and the shedding off of dead skin cells.
For this natural cure for dandruff or remedy you will need a bottle of aloe vera cream.
- Apply the gel on your scalp 15 minutes before washing the hair.
- Shampoo and condition as normal.
The fenugreek plant is mostly used as a spice. It is also known to serve medicinal purposes. Its seeds are composed of proteins and amino acids which encourage a healthy hair scalp thus warding off the flakes. It also helps to leave hair smooth and silky. To use this as a natural dandruff cure, you will need two tablespoons of seeds and a mixing bowl full of water.
- Soak the seeds overnight in the water
- Grind them into fine paste
- Massage the paste on your scalp and leave it in for 45 minutes.
- Wash off the paste with a mild shampoo
This is also known as the Indian lilac. It not only treats dandruff but other hair problems such as itchy scalp and scalp acne. They act as a fungicide inhibiting an over-growth of malassezia. Its smell is however overwhelming.
You will need a handful of the leaves and three cups of water to make this dandruff cure.
- Heat the water
- Add the leaves and leave it to stand overnight
- Strain the liquid and use it to rinse hair
- You could also crash the leaves and make a paste out of them, apply it on hair and rinse it out after an hour.
The acidic nature of lemons helps to break down any fungus found on the scalp. This helps to get rid of the dandruff causative agent. For this natural cure of dandruff you will need two and a half tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and a cup of water.
- Massage two tablespoons of this dandruff cure into the scalp and leave it to rest for a few minutes.
- Mix the remaining teaspoonful lemon juice with the water and use it to rinse the hair.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree acts as a fungicide and is a great natural cure for dandruff. It also soothes itchy and sore skin that may have resulted from severe dandruff.
One will need a tablespoonful of tea tree oil and a cup of warm water.
- Pour the two into a spray bottle and shake well.
- Spray the mixture on already shampooed hair and concentrate more on the scalp.
- Massage and leave it to settle in for a few minutes.
Pat excess liquid and leave the hair as it is. do not rinse off.
Dandruff Cures at Home
Pure aspirin has a high percentage of salicylic acid which is one of the main ingredients used in anti-dandruff shampoos. This component has anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties which help to fight dandruff causing fungus. It also helps to relief inflammation caused by severe dandruff. You will need two aspirin tablets and shampoo to make some of these dandruff cures.
- Crush the aspirin into a fine powder.
- Add it to the shampoo
- Use it on your hair leaving it in for a few minutes before rinsing it out completely.
- The best natural way to cure dandruff is from an inside out perspective. There are certain foods that can help get rid of dandruff as they are known to be the best dandruff cures. Green vegetables encourage a healthy skin and hair growth. Fish oils helps to lessen severity and prevent dandruff while lean proteins help build and keep skin healthy.
A bad case of dandruff can make use of mouth wash as a dandruff cure at home. One should shampoo their hair as usual and rinse it with mouth wash. Its antifungal properties will work on the scalp to prevent the dandruff causing fungus from over-growing.
See More on Natural Dandruff Cures:
- Best Natural Dandruff Treatment – Olive Oil, Jojoba & Castor Oil
- Best Natural & Herbal Home Remedies for Dandruff
- Best Dandruff Solutions for Severe Bad Dandruff
- How to Stop Dandruff Naturally, Fast & for Good
- How to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally, Fast & Permanently
- Best Natural Dandruff Shampoo – All Natural & Homemade Recipe
- Eyebrow Dandruff Cause, Treatment & How to Stop