What are the benefits of Epsom salt baths? Discover the Epsom salt bath benefits with eucalyptus or lavender for eczema and feet with injuries or pain from running. Get a soothing bath full of vital minerals if you are pregnant or having other health problems as listed below.
Eczema is one of the major causes of itchy scalp and other parts of the body. While it may be impossible to see the extent of eczema on scalp due to the length of hair except from a frequent chafing, on a different part of the skin the condition cannot escape those around you. It appears as a contagious diseases and everyone may avoid you because of it. You may have very red and scaly patches on different parts of your skin and it becomes impossible to get out and hang out with your friends or even present yourself to clients.
If you have eczema, you may also have scaly peeling feet. Having itchy skin all over is not an interesting thing especially if you have to hang around people who will keep asking you what is happening to your skin. The good news however, is that you do not have to live with this condition. You can get rid of it at home with an Epsom salt bath. The benefits of Epsom salt baths are many not just for eczema, but also any aches and pains on your body and feet. Here are the prose of using this healing bat on eczema and others.
What are Epsom Salt Bath Benefits for Eczema
- What are Epsom Salt Bath Benefits for Eczema
- Epsom Salt Bath Benefits for Feet – Getting Rid of Feet Conditions
- How Epsom Salt Bath Benefits Running Athletes
- Eucalyptus Epsom Salt Bath Benefits for Eczema
- Lavender Epsom Salt Bath Benefits for the Brain
- How to Use Epsom Salt Bath for Pain on Body
- How Epsom Salt Bath Benefits Autism
- What are the Epsom Salt Bath Benefits for Kids?
Epsom salts are minerals comprising of Magnesium sulfate. This is 1 molecule of magnesium sulfate, which is surrounded by 7 molecules of water. These salts are named after a bitter saline spring in Epsom in Surrey England. If you have eczema, you may find relief from bathing in water with these salts.
These are the Epsom salt bath benefits for eczema. For starters, they have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. Fungal and bacterial germs are responsible for causing eczema. The salts destroy these microorganisms by drawing water from them. Similarly, the magnesium in the salts has anti-inflammatory properties. This relieves any itching on your skin. Consequently, the inflamed lesions will be reduced.
The Magnesium in the salts is also alkaline therefore making the decrease in acidity levels. High acidity levels contribute greatly to eczema. This element further removes toxins causing eczema in the blood. Other benefits for eczema are found in the sulfates compounds, which remove heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and cadmium that cause eczema.
Epsom Salt Bath Benefits for Feet – Getting Rid of Feet Conditions
According to Epsom Salt Council, it is better to get magnesium into the body through the skin, as it is more effective than ingesting it. This is because you might be using medications and some foods that may interfere with the absorption of the salts as well. Therefore, this makes the baths ideal. Epsom bath benefits for feet are numerous when it comes to getting rid of conditions that affect them.
By just soaking your feet in a foot bath of Epsom salts. Your feet cannot only find relief when you have itchy feet from athlete’s foot, but also from pain especially of bunions. Similarly, if you have plantar fasciitis it will be cured by soaking your feet every evening or three times in a week in Epsom salt footbaths. Although, it is required that you use the Epsom salts in hot water, it is important to desist from very hot water for your feet as it can lead to dry cracked feet.
You can also find cure from osteoarthritis and gout from just soaking your feet in Epsom salts. These Epsom salt benefits for feet are not only relieving, but also soothing. Without healthy feet you cannot move around, leave alone standing for long hours.
How Epsom Salt Bath Benefits Running Athletes
Athletes train hard to keep fit and they work hard on the tracks to win. The effect of these is tired body and muscles. To top it all up, the muscles are left in a lot of pain. There is no better relief that soaking in a bathtub with Epsom salts after a relaxing body massage. If you do not get the massage, you can still enjoy the bath and get the same benefits after running.
This is how a salt bath is good for running athletes after a hard day:
- They normalize the activity of more than 325 enzymes
- The salt relieves muscle aches and pains and incase of any migraine headaches they are relieved as well
- You get to relax and be free from stress
- Your blood circulation improves and your blood vessels become elastic
- You cleanse and exfoliate your skin after all the sweat after running
- Any inflammation you may have will also be relieved after the soaking in Epsom salts.
These Epsom salt bath benefits running athletes should embrace for continued good performance on the tracks. It is impossible to perform well with aches and pains.
Eucalyptus Epsom Salt Bath Benefits for Eczema
Instead of making use of Epsom salts alone, you can add eucalyptus to your bath. Eucalyptus Epsom salt bath benefits for eczema include improving the body’s immune system. When the immune system becomes better, the body is well armed to fight the microorganisms causing eczema. Furthermore, the lesions may heal easily and readily with the added help of eucalyptus in the Epsom bath.
Another way the eucalyptus-Epsom salt helps eczema is by adding anti-inflammatory properties. The itching that comes with eczema goes away with the help of double anti-inflammatory agents in both the salts and eucalyptus essential oil. Furthermore, the bath is filled with a unique scent.
In order to enjoy the scent of eucalyptus in your bathtub or foot soak, add 6-12 drops of it. Leave the eucalyptus oil to settle for about five minutes after swirl the water before getting into the bath.
Lavender Epsom Salt Bath Benefits for the Brain
The brain can get tired from a long day at work or from every day stressors. The best way to get rid of these stressors and any migraine headache is by using lavender Epsom salt bath benefits. Lavender is one of the many essential oils known for its relaxation properties due to its scent.
By using this bath, you have more chances of sleeping better than usual. This is because all the stressors are removed from your brain. Furthermore, your stress levels become lower from the detoxifying effects of this.
With a good brain, you can progress better in life while thinking clearly. Most people use this bath to plan their next move in business or personal lives. Without any stressors, it is possible to be more reasonable.
How to Use Epsom Salt Bath for Pain on Body
Soaking your body in a bathtub is recommended if you want to relieve your body of pain. The Epsom salt bath for pain should be taken as follows:
- Draw hot water in your bathtub, the water should not be too hot to cause scalding if you do not have one you can get the same benefits from soaking your feet, therefore prepare a foot soak of warm water since hot water is not ideal for feet.
- Add 2-3 cups of Epsom salts to the water. Add just one cup or half a cup in a foot bath.
- Add some ½ cup of baking soda to the water in order to balance its pH
- Add 6-12 drops of either lavender or eucalyptus to the water
- Swirl the water for five minutes before immersing your body or feet
- Soak in the mixture for pain for 30-40 minutes. When the time is up, rise up carefully as you could be lightheaded from all the soothing, relaxation and detoxification from the salts bath.
How Epsom Salt Bath Benefits Autism
The detoxifying aspect found in Epsom salt soaks can also benefit children with autism. According to most mothers, it is good for autism children by removing the toxins in the gut of these children. As a result, their minds are cleared off stress making it easier for them to not only sleep better but also absorb learning faster.
What are the Epsom Salt Bath Benefits for Kids?
Kids play a lot and sometimes undergo stress from schoolwork. They too need the minerals of magnesium and sulfates in order to relax and be free from any aches and pains. However, the benefits for kids should be used with caution. Each kid should not soak in a bath with more than one cup of Epsom salt. The recommended amount is ½ a cup to 1 cup. The bath helps children sleep well at night. There will be no more sleepless nights if you make use of these baths on your child.
More on the topic
- Best Epsom Salt Bath Recipes
- How to Use Epsom Salt During Pregnancy
- Epsom Salt Bath for Weight Loss
- Epsom Salt Detox Bath for Foot & Liver with Ginger Recipe
- How to Use Epsom Salt for Constipation
- (Sitz Bath) How to Use Epsom Salt for Hemorrhoids