Eye bag surgery to remove under eye bags is effective. In this article, learn eye bag surgery cost, before and after photos, procedure of laser eye bags surgery, types such as Lasik plastic surgery for eye bags, recovery time. Blepharoplasty or eye bag surgery gone wrong risks and side effects also discussed below.
Having that excess skin around the eyes can add some years to your face. If you have under-eye bags from crying or excess sleep, you can use simple remedies such as damp tea bags and preparation H because those do not really need under eye bag surgery. Sometimes, allowing adequate time for the under eye puffs to heal is also recommended.
But what can you do to get rid of under eye bags caused by aging or hereditary factors? Some people looking to get rid of under eye bags use creams and home remedies to get rid of the eye puffs. This might be less effective for age and hereditary-caused under eye bags. But cosmetic or plastic eye bag surgery, or laser surgery for under eye bags to remove the puffiness can help.
What is Under Eye Bag Surgery?
- What is Under Eye Bag Surgery?
- Types of Under Eye Bag Surgery
- Who is Suited for Blepharoplasty?
- Plastic Under Eye Bags Surgery Procedure
- Cost of Surgery for Under Eye Bags – Price of Blepharoplasty
- Under Eye Bags Surgery Before and After Pictures
- Tips for Quick Recovery after Under Eye Bag Surgery
- Benefits of Eye Bag Removal Surgery
- What to Expect from Under Eye Bags Surgery
- Frequently Asked Questions about Eye Bag Removal Surgery
- How long does it take to recover after under eye bags surgery?
- What are the Risks and Side Effects of Eye Bag Removal Surgery?
- What questions should I ask before committing to under eye bag surgery treatment?
- How long will the under eye bags surgery procedure take?
- More on Dark Under Eye Circles and Eye Bags
- You May Also Like
Under eye bags surgery is a cosmetic surgical procedure to remove eye bags. The process is also called blepharoplasty and involves surgery of the eyelids to remove excess skin and muscle from either the lower eyelids or both the lower and upper eyelids of the patient depending on the condition of the swollen eyelids. Under eye bags surgery can be done alone or can be done together with other facial surgery procedures such as facelifts. Eye bag surgery procedure is however, done to reduce the puffy eye bags and not to correct vision problems. For eye vision, eye surgery procedures such as Lasik eyes surgery are used. That’s a subject for another day.
The procedure for under eye bags surgery is sometimes used to help with eye wrinkles and dark eye circles too, though for the latter, there could be other remedies that are preferred than going for eye bag surgery. Some surgeons say that despite the name of eye bag removal surgery, blepharoplasty can be used to restore youthfulness to the face because it removes excess fatty tissue and wrinkles form the corners of the eyes, also known us crow’s feet.
Types of Under Eye Bag Surgery
There are three different types of surgery for under eye bags. All the three methods of getting rid of under eye bags are meant to correct eyelid sagging or just remove under-eye bags. All the three are blepharoplasty procedures and they differ mainly because of the area of the eye bag surgery. These types of under eye bags surgery are:
- Upper eye bags surgery, also called upper blepharoplasty, which is performed along the upper eyelid crease line.
- Lower under eye bags surgery, also called lower blepharoplasty, which is performed along the crease line of the lower eyelash to remove under-eye bags or the sagging eyelids.
- Upper and lower eye bags surgery, also called upper and lower blepharoplasty in which both the lower eye bag surgery and upper eye bag surgery are done.
These under eye bags surgery procedures are done depending on the nature of the eye bags of the candidate. A candidate who has all-round swollen eyes may require both upper and under eye bags surgery procedures. Either way, this under eye bags treatment will help to get rid of the puffiness around the eyes.
Depending on the type of under eye bags surgery you will need, the surgeon will make incisions into either one or both the creases in your eyelids. If those creases are absent, the surgeon will make an incision just under your eyelashes during the plastic surgery for eye bags. We will look at the procedure of surgery for under eye bags removal. In the meantime, keep in mind that if you do not have double eyelids, upper blepharoplasty can end you up with some. In fact, eyelid surgery is sometimes used to correct the lack of double eyelids. You can read more on how to get double eyelids on the resource provided in the link below.
See How to Get Double Eyelids
Who is Suited for Blepharoplasty?
Cosmetic under eye bags surgery involves the removal of excess fat, muscle and skin from the upper and lower eyelids depending on the exact type of surgery being performed. The procedure is good for people who have puffy eyes or feel their eyes are hooded, droopy or tired. If you have any of the following traits, under eye bags surgery may be suitable for you.
- Extra skin sagging on the upper eyelid and interfering with vision
- Extra skin on the upper eyelid and hiding the eyelid skin just above the eyelashes
- Wrinkling on the upper eyelid giving a look of fatigue and ageing
- Eye bags or puffy eyes
- Too much wrinkles or skin on the lower eyelids
Though you could have any of the above, there are circumstances when you will not be allowed to go for eyebag removal surgery as a way on how to get rid of eye bags. People with any of the following conditions are said to be unsuitable candidates for under eye bags surgery.
- Detached retina
- Heart-related problems such as hypertension and high blood pressure
- Grave’s disease
- Tear duct problems or dry eyes
- Cardiovascular disease
- Ectropion – the downward pulling on the lower lid, which may require additional surgery first.
Plastic Under Eye Bags Surgery Procedure
For upper blepharoplasty, the surgeon will make an incision in the natural crease line. The incision may be extended to the laughter lines just at the outsides of the eyes. Through the incisions, excess fat and sagging muscle will be removed. The incisions will be closed using very fine sutures.
For lower blepharoplasty, the incisions are made about a centimeter below the eyelashes and may extend to the crow’s feet. The surgeon will lift the skin upwards and outwards so that the overlapping skin gets the needed tension that will make the skin look tighter and firmer.
The two procedures of surgery for under eye bags may be done together when there is need for both lower and upper blepharoplasty.
Cost of Surgery for Under Eye Bags – Price of Blepharoplasty
The cost of surgery for under eye bags removal might not be the same in every place you will knock asking for a cosmetic eye surgeon. However, the estimated cost of under eye bags surgery is between $2000 and $2500. This will afford you surgery to get rid of puffy eyes that will be done under local anesthesia. However, it is recommended that if you have thyroid problems, the cost of under eye bag surgery may be high because you will need to consult a doctor first before going for the puffy eyes surgery. As noted before, the cost of surgery for under eye bags will vary from one surgeon to another, so it is very important to shop around to find cheap rates without compromising the quality of the surgery.
Under Eye Bags Surgery Before and After Pictures
In case you are wondering how you would look like after undergoing blepharoplasty, these eye bag surgery before and after images of the eye bag removal surgery will give you an idea of how the outcome is likely to look like.
Before under eye bags surgery picture After under eye bags surgery picture
Tips for Quick Recovery after Under Eye Bag Surgery
- Avoid strenuous activities for the first few days after surgery.
- Ensure your head is raised at night and even during the day to allow the tissues heal properly.
- Follow the doctor’s recommendations on how to clean the eyes from yellow mucus that may build up.
- Cold water compresses can be useful on closed eyes to soothe the inflamed skin after surgery. These will also help with any bruises on your eyelids.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits and cut down on greasy foods, too much salt and caffeinated drinks. Avoid alcohol and smoking too.
- Use sunscreen religiously and use a brim hat.
- Use artificial tear drops recommended by your surgeon to keep your eyes moisturized.
Benefits of Eye Bag Removal Surgery
- The following are some of the benefits for undergoing surgery for under eye bags removal:
- It will take away the tired look that is caused by swollen or puffy eyes
- It will be easy to apply eye makeup after puffy eye surgery
- Plastic surgery for eye bags will correct premature aging – you will look younger
- In some cases, surgery for under eye bags removal will help improve vision
What to Expect from Under Eye Bags Surgery
First and most important on how to get rid of under eye bags, consumer information is very vital. You need to learn just about anything and everything there is about the under eye bags surgery procedure before taking on it. While such a page as this may provide a lot of information about the cosmetic eyelid surgery procedure, you will need to talk to your surgeon a lot in order to understand what to expect before, during and after the under eye bags surgery.
That said, what to expect from surgery for eye bags removal can easily be seen in the before and after images above. However, it is important to be very realistic with the under eye bag surgery procedure and the results. Obviously, it will end with positive results of refreshed eyes that will not look so tired. That newfound confidence can last for several years even when you underwent the blepharoplasty procedure to get rid of wrinkles.
Frequently Asked Questions about Eye Bag Removal Surgery
People have so many questions about under eye bag surgery, especially those who have never seen anyone undergo the procedure before. The following are some of the common question on how to get rid of under eye bags using eyelid surgery.
How long does it take to recover after under eye bags surgery?
The recovery time after cosmetic surgery for under eye bags removal will vary from patient to patient. One to two weeks will be adequate for full recovery after cosmetic eyelid surgery. If you get adequate rest and relaxation after eye bag removal surgery, it will take shorter than 2 weeks to recover. Abstaining from strenuous activity during the cosmetic eye bag removal surgery will help accelerate the recovery process. Take some time off from work if possible.
What are the Risks and Side Effects of Eye Bag Removal Surgery?
Like any other cosmetic surgery procedure, under eye bags surgery comes with its own risks. The following are some of the risks of under eye bags surgery.
- Infection though the use of antibiotic ointments can help do away with them
- In rare cases, blood clots, also called hematoma, may form behind the eyeball and may need removal
- Possible loss of eyelashes after eye bag removal surgery
- Eyelid skin loss
- Temporary eye sight alteration
- Pain in some cases after under eye bags surgery
- Possible undesirable reaction to anesthesia used in under eye bags surgery
- Swelling at the incision area, usually near the corners of the eyes
- Possible occurrence of acne or whiteheads
- Uneven healing where one eye may heal faster than the other
What questions should I ask before committing to under eye bag surgery treatment?
This should be part of patient education that the surgeon does. Ensure that you are comfortable with the under eye bags surgery before you sign up for surgery as a method of choice on how to get rid of under eye bags. Here are 14 important questions to ask the surgeon:
- Am I eligible for under eye bags surgery or blepharoplasty?
- What type of eye bag removal surgery are you going to perform on me?
- Why are you recommending this type of eyelid surgery on me?
- What should I do to be prepared for the under eye bags surgery procedure?
- Can you explain the eye bag removal surgery procedure to me?
- Are there any complications, risks and side effects of undergoing under eye bags surgery?
- Is the eyelid surgery procedure painful?
- How long will it take to recover after under eye bags surgery?
- Are puffy eyelids hereditary?
- Is the procedure of getting rid of under-eye bags going to remove dark eye circles too?
- How long will the results of eye bag removal surgery last?
- Are there any other cosmetic surgery procedures that can be done together with blepharoplasty to make a greater effort?
- What is the cost of under eye bags surgery?
- How long with the surgery procedure last?
How long will the under eye bags surgery procedure take?
Though you might be required to spend an overnight at the hospital, the procedure for removing bags under eyes with surgery typically takes approximately one and a half hours. You might stay for just one day if you are undergoing upper blepharoplasty.
More on Dark Under Eye Circles and Eye Bags
- Best Dark Eye Circles Creams Reviews – Getting Rid of Under Eye Circles
- Home Remedies for Dark Eye Circles – How to Get Rid of Dark under Eye Circles Naturally and Fast
- How to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags – Puffy Eyes Treatment Tips
- What are Dark Circles Under Eyes? 14 Causes, Treatment and Tips to Get Rid of Eye Circles
- Home Remedies for Under Eye Bags – Natural Ways to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
- Causes of Under Eye Bags – What Causes Puffy Under Eyes?
- How to Get Rid of Dark Eye Circles – Tips, Treatments, Natural Remedies
You May Also Like
- Under Eye Wrinkles – Causes, Prevention, Treatments and Creams to Get Rid of Eye Wrinkles
- Best Colored Contacts for Brown Eyes
- Neck Wrinkles – Causes, Prevention and Treatment to Get Rid of Neck Lines
- Best Colored Contacts for Different Eye Color Types
- How to Reduce Wrinkles – Tips, Exercises, Creams, Treatments
- Forehead Wrinkles – Causes, Prevention, Treatments to Get Rid of Forehead Lines
- How to Prevent Wrinkles – Tips, Treatments, Creams
Would you recommend eye bag surgery?