Home remedies for dark circles are an easy way to banish eye bags, dark circles, fine lines, under eye wrinkles and even dark spots. Here are the best natural remedies to remove puffy eyes and dark circles, including cures such as tea bags, lemons, potato, cucumber, cold spoons and best products to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast.
Other than best eye creams, home remedies for dark eye circles are commonly used to get rid of puffy eyes, fine lines and dark rings around eyes. Many people keep looking for ways on how to get rid of dark eye circles and in the process, they end up being frustrated. In order for you to get rid of under eye dark circles, it is important that you understand what causes dark circles first.
Natural Home Remedies for Dark Circles
The following are the best treatments you can try at home to remove eye bags, swollen eyes and dark spots and circles under your eyes. Simply learn how to use what you can find in your kitchen, such as cucumbers, some tea bags, a few slices of potato and many others. These methods are great to remove eye bags and eye puffiness. You will save a lot of money rather than using creams and even eye surgery to remove eye wrinkles and dark circles.
1. Cucumber Remedies for Dark Eye Circles
In another article where we looked at the ingredients of the best eye creams, we noted that cucumbers were widely used as ingredients to get rid of dark eye circles. It is clear that cucumbers can be used as remedies for dark eye circles. But how do you use these to get rid of dark eye circles and eye wrinkles quickly?
Either cucumber juice or cucumber slices are used in this home remedy for dark eye circles. To make at home remedies for dark circles under eyes using cucumber, you can cut cucumber slices and put them on the area with the dark eye circles. They will help lighten your skin and will come with other benefits such as soothing and cooling the area around the eyes.
Lie down with the cucumber slices on your eyes for about 5 to 10 minutes. Do this almost everyday in order to get rid of dark eye circles. For cucumber juice as a remedy for dark circles, mix with lemon juice and apply around your eyes and leave for about 15 minutes before washing off with water. Applying it may sting like crazy, though it comes with a lot of benefits as a good treatment for dark eye circles.
2. Tea Bags for Eye Pads
Yes, everyone is crazy about tea bags. Now these are my favorite home remedies for dark circles because it is easy to apply them. Just a few seconds and I am treating the dark eye circles. So how do they work to get rid of dark eye circles? These don’t work for everyone, but when applied well, you will definitely see a those dark circles under eyes disappear.
Apply cold dampened teabags under your eyes for about 10 minutes everyday in order to get rid of dark eye circles. Avoid using chamomile tea because the ingredients of this kind of tea will lessen the effect in treating dark eye circles. Simply dampen tea bags with cold water, lie down and use them on your eyes as eye pads.
3. Almond Oil and Honey
Another of the effective remedies for dark under eye circles is using almond oil and honey. Simply apply a small amount of the two home remedies for dark circles around the eyes every night. It will help to lessen the severity of the dark eye circles with time. You might need to use such remedies for about two to three weeks before peering into the mirror to see results.
4. Raw Potato Slices
Some of the home remedies for dark circles are very simple to apply. Potato slices can also be used as a great treatment for dark under eye circles. You can get potatoes from the grocery store. Here are tips of use:
- To use potatoes as a cure for dark eye circles, refrigerate them for about 15 minutes, although you can skip this step if you are not looking for a cooling effect.
- Cut the potatoes into thin round slices.
- Lie down in a relaxed manner and put the slices on your eyes.
- Ensure that you are relaxed when doing this in order to get the full effect of the dark eye circle treatment.
- After about 15 minutes of relaxation with potato slice eye pads, flush with cold water.
- Pat with a towel to dry the eyes. Do not rub.
5. Vitamin E Dark Eye Circles Treatment
As with any other home treatments for dark eye circles, vitamin E treatment for under eye dark circles may work for some people and fail for others. Take vitamin E capsules and pierce carefully with a needle. Simply dab a little of the oil and apply under the eyes. This will work as a home remedy for dark eye circles and puffy eyes as well. You can swallow the remaining capsule after using it on your eyes.
6. Herbal Paste Formula
Yes, you can make some of these home cures for dark eye circles at home. For the herbal paste formula treatment for dark eye circles, follow these steps:
- Take a pinch of turmeric powder and mix it with a half a teaspoonful of lemon juice, a teaspoonful of tomato juice and a pinch of gram flour.
- Mix well to make a consistent paste.
- Apply on the area under the eyes with dark eye circles.
- Relax with it for about 10 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Do this everyday in order to get rid of dark eye circles.
Consistency with this treatment for dark eye circles will completely get rid of them. Most dermatologists who believe in dark eye circles home remedies recommend the herbal paste formulation for getting rid of dark eye circles. I have not tried it myself, but if you have, feel free to share your opinion on the effectiveness in curing dark circles.
7. Indian Home Remedy for Dark Circles Under Eyes
Some of the best home remedies come from Asia. I was surprised to note that this natural treatment for dark circles is used by some of the top fashion models in India. So, before covering up the dark under eye circles with concealers, it is important to use this first. You will need the following to make the Indian home remedy for dark eye circles.
- Lemon juice, about 3 to 4 drops
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoonful of tomato juice
- Some white flour for making paste
Now with these, you need to make paste to use as eye pads for getting rid of dark eye circles. Mash the ingredients together to make a medium-thick paste. Use the paste to dab around the eyes, paying attention to the area around the under eyes with dark circles, wrinkles or fine lines and puffy eyes. Relax with it for about 15 minutes, then wash with cold water.
8. Cold Compresses to Treat Dark Eye Circles
Most of the effective home remedies for dark eye circles insist on using cold water and cold treatments. Cold compresses will help cut down the puffy under eyes that are usually accompanied with dark eye circles. To make home remedies that will work as cold compresses, simply put two q-tips in a freezer and leave them there overnight. Take them in the morning and apply them on the under eye area with dark eye circles or fine lines. You could also use a damp washcloth. Dampening a piece of cloth with ice-cold water can help you make a simple home remedy for under eye circles.
9. Kidney Balancing Foods Cure Dark Eye Circles
According to traditional Chinese Medicine, bluish casts under the eyes, normally seen as dark under eye circles are caused by an underlying kidney problem. The failure of the kidney and liver to remove toxins from the body can show itself by dark under eye circles.
According to the Chinese, some cures involve eating foods that nourish the kidney. These include black sesame seeds, toasted pine nuts, shellfish, sesame oil, toasted walnuts, beans, millet, cauliflower, lamb, chicken, fish, cinnamon, soybeans, garlic, eggs, lentils, black beans, ginger, red wine, red or black grapes, wild rice, raspberries, spirulina, parsley, mussels, onions, mulberries, trout and salmon.
10. Crushed Almonds and Milk
Simple as it is, it makes a great dark eye circle cure. Crush a few almonds and mix with milk. Apply the paste on the dark under eye circles. Relax with them for about 15 minutes, then clean with cold water. Most of the home remedies for dark eye circles will require doing this relaxation and eye-pad process, so it is important that you keep your eye muscles relaxed in order to achieve the best effects in getting rid of eye circles and eye wrinkles removal.
11. Mint Leaves
Of the many home remedies for dark eye circles, mint leaves will leave you feeling so fresh and soothed around the eyes. What’s more, they will help you remove the dark eye circles from under your eyes easily. Simply crush mint leaves and use the paste as eye pads for about 20 minutes every day. After about 2 to 3 weeks, you will see the dark eye circles disappearing.
12. Rose Water for Getting Rid of Eye Circles
Rose water has so many uses, including toning the skin, reducing inflammation, getting rid of skin acne, conditioning and moisturizing hair and getting rid of dandruff. But now, rose water is one of the good home remedies for dark circles too. Soak cotton swabs in rose water and place them on your eyes for about 10 minutes. You can also smear rosewater under the eyes to banish dark eye circles quickly.
13. Lemon Juice for Toning
Lemon juice is used as a skin toner most of the times. Now you can use it as one of the home remedies for dark circles. Simply apply lemon juice under the eyes twice a day in order to remove fine lines or eye wrinkles as well as get rid of the dark eye circles. Ensure that you close your eyes when applying so that the lemon juice does not accidentally get inside your eyes. It is acidic and may damage your eye tissues.
Other Natural Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Daily eye exercises and deep breathing sessions
- Sarvangasana yoga sessions can treat puffy eyes and dark eye circles
- Get adequate sleep every day, at least 8 hours of shut-eyes sleep
- Eat a well-balanced diet
Tips for Getting Rid of Dark Eye Circles Fast
- Dark eye circles in children may be a sign of an underlying health concern. Allergies are commonly the cause of dark eye circles. Talk to a doctor if your child has allergies that are causing the dark eye circles.
- Stay away from the sun if you want to get rid of dark eye circles fast. If you have been tanning your skin, that could be the reason behind the dark eye circles. Remember that even with the natural remedies for dark eye circles, exposing your skin to the sun is not going to help in any way.
- When you have tried various home remedies cures for dark eye circles in vain, you might want to try some of the eye creams available on the market. Read more about the best creams for dark eye circles.
- Water should be your new friend. It doesn’t matter if you have the best of the best home treatments for dark eye circles. Taking 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday will help cleanse the body of toxins that contribute to the development of dark eye circles.
- Again, stop smoking and drinking excess alcohol.
Recap on Causes of Dark Eye Circles
Dark eye circles are small yet distinguished circles around your eyes. Most people round them up as fine lines, but these can look like dark spots that form lines. Eye wrinkles can exacerbate dark eye circles. That said, what are the causes of dark eye circles?
- Allergies could be the underlying cause, especially in children according to reports by Mayo Clinic
- Lack of sleep is a culprit for many people. Some of the home remedies for dark circles recommend sleep as the first treatment.
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Exposure to the sun. Tanning is included here!
- Hereditary factors or genetics.
- Poor nutrition
- Underlying kidney problems – though home remedies can help, getting medical attention for this is highly recommended.
- Hormonal changes, especially in women.
For a complete and detailed discussion of the causes of dark under eye circles, see the link below.
Read this – How do I get Dark Eye Circles?
Once you discover the development of dark eye circles under your eyes, running after the home remedies for eye circles is not the ready solution. Yes, you want to get rid of the fine lines, eye wrinkles, crow’s feet and dark spots that fast. Your best tools for this have to include clearly understand the origin of the problem. Working hard to treat dark under eye circles with home remedies only to find that they don’t go away because the origin is an underlying health problem. This could be common in children, but adults are not exempted. Your chances of success with home remedies for dark eye circles are doubled when we understand them better.
More on Dark Under Eye Circles and Eye Bags
- Best Dark Eye Circles Creams Reviews – Getting Rid of Under Eye Circles
- How to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags – Puffy Eyes Treatment Tips
- What are Dark Circles Under Eyes? 14 Causes, Treatment and Tips to Get Rid of Eye Circles
- Home Remedies for Under Eye Bags – Natural Ways to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
- Causes of Under Eye Bags – What Causes Puffy Under Eyes?
- Under Eye Bags Surgery – All about Eye Bag Removal Surgery or Blepharoplasty
- How to Get Rid of Dark Eye Circles – Tips, Treatments, Natural Remedies
You May Also Like
- Under Eye Wrinkles – Causes, Prevention, Treatments and Creams to Get Rid of Eye Wrinkles
- Best Colored Contacts for Brown Eyes
- Neck Wrinkles – Causes, Prevention and Treatment to Get Rid of Neck Lines
- Best Colored Contacts for Different Eye Color Types
- How to Reduce Wrinkles – Tips, Exercises, Creams, Treatments
- Forehead Wrinkles – Causes, Prevention, Treatments to Get Rid of Forehead Lines
- How to Prevent Wrinkles – Tips, Treatments, Creams
What is the best home remedies for dark circles? Leave a reply below.