Here are the best homemade conditioner recipes for cleansing your hair. These recipes include deep and leave in conditioners with simple DIY ingredients such as aloe vera, shea butter, rosemary, jojoba and even avocado.
Conditioning hair after shampooing leaves it feeling soft, smooth and makes it easy to style. In this article, you will get homemade conditioner recipes for deep, cleansing, and leave in conditioner. These are simple to make and will save you a lot of cash while giving you wonderful results on your hair.
Homemade Leave in Conditioner Recipes
Leave in conditioners do not need any rinsing off after application. They help lock in moisture in hair and leave it soft and shiny. Here are some homemade leave in conditioner recipes.
Coconut oil leave in conditioner
This conditioner adds moisture to your hair and also helps to detangle it. It is very simple to use as all that is required for one to do is wash hair as normal and apply some little virgin coconut oil on wet hair. The oil is used in its purest form and requires no mixing.
Aloe vera and coconut leave in conditioner
Adding these up ensures that you reap the advantages of the two in a single application.
- Mix one cup each of fresh coconut juice and aloe vera juice.
- Add about 10 drops of olive oil or jojoba oil.
- Pour all this into a spray bottle and add ¼ cup of water.
- Shake well and spray hair after washing.
Apple Cider vinegar leave in conditioner
This gives hair a glow and helps to detangle it too. To make this conditioner:
- Pour ½ a cup of apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Add twice the amount of water.
- Spray on hair after washing.
Rosemary leave in conditioner
This will strengthen your hair and reduce its breakage.
- Place two table spoons of rosemary leaves and place them in a bowl containing one cup warm water.
- Leave it to sit overnight and then separate the leaves from the water.
- Put the water solution in a spray bottle and spray it on wet hair.
Jojoba oil and mint leave in conditioner
To make this conditioner:
- Put about 60ml of jojoba oil in a spray bottle.
- Add double the amount of water.
- Add a few drops of pepper mint essential oil.
- Shake well and spray on wet hair.
Jojoba and sweet almond oil leave in conditioner
This conditioner is great for dry hair.
- Mix about 15ml of sweet almond and jojoba oil in a spray bottle.
- Add 6ml vegetable glycerin and a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Top up the spray bottle with water.
- Spray this mixture to wet hair.
Homemade Deep Hair Conditioner Recipe
Homemade deep conditioners work well on hair because one can customize them to suit their hair’s needs. Sample our homemade deep conditioner recipes to learn how to make some..
Avocado deep conditioner
Avocadoes are great hair moisturizers. Use them to make a deep conditioner by following the procedure in this recipe.
- Mash up one overripe avocado in a bowl until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Add 3 tablespoons of honey and the same amount of olive oil
- Mix thoroughly. A blender will help achieve great results.
- Apply to wet hair and cover with a shower cap.
- Wait for 30 minutes and then rinse well.
Egg deep conditioner
This is most appropriate for damaged hair as it helps in repairing it.
- Whisk one egg in a bowl.
- Add two table spoons of honey and olive oil and mix well.
- Apply to wet hair and cover with shower cap.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water. You may also use a mild shampoo.
Yoghurt, mayonnaise and egg deep conditioner
To make this deep conditioner:
- Place ½ cup plain yoghurt, ½ cup mayonnaise and 1 egg in a bowl.
- Whisk these ingredients well into a smooth paste.
- Apply this on wet hair and massage well.
- Put on a shower cap and wait for 30 minutes.
- Rinse very well with lukewarm water.
- You might as well opt to use a mild shampoo afterwards.
Olive oil and honey deep conditioner
These two work great together. Use the steps below to make this conditioner.
- Put ½ cup of pure honey in a bowl.
- Add 5 table spoons of olive oil and mix well.
- Apply this on wet hair and put on a shower cap.
- Wait for 30 minutes and rinse well.
Banana deep conditioner
Here is the procedure to follow:
- Mash 2 to 3 over ripe bananas in a bowl.
- Add about ½ cup of plain yoghurt and blend well.
- Apply this mixture to wet hair and leave for 30 inutes.
- Rinse well.
Shea butter deep conditioner
Here’s the procedure with shea butter
- Heat 1.5 cups of shea butter in a sauce pan till it turns into liquid.
- Add ½ cup of olive oil and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil and mix well till smooth.
- Apply to wet hair and put on a shower cap.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Rinse well.
Coconut milk deep conditioner
- Mash well one very ripe avocado in a bowl.
- Add one cup coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix well till smooth and consistent.
- Apply to hair and put on a shower cap.
- Wait for 30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
Homemade Cleansing Conditioner Recipe
Cleansing conditioners remove dirt and oil build up from hair while at the same time not stripping hair off its natural oils. Here are a few homemade cleansing conditioner recipe.
Honey, vinegar and chamomile cleansing conditioner
- Pour three cups freshly made chamomile tea in a spray bottle.
- Add one cup apple cider vinegar.
- Add 2 tablespoons honey and shake well to mix.
- Spray this on wet hair generously and then rinse off well.
Sage and black tea cleansing conditioner
- Add 3 tablespoons of sage leaves and 3 table spoons of black tea leaves to one teapot of hot boiled water.
- Allow it to steep for a few minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Use this mixture on hair after shampooing.
Lavender and glycerin cleansing conditioner
- Put one cup of dried lavender in a bowl of boiled water and let it sit for a while.
- Strain the mixture and discard the lavender leaves.
- Add one table spoon of glycerin to the water and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to wet hair after cleaning.
Homemade Conditioner Recipe for Natural Hair
Homemade conditioners for natural hair work well. They provide natural hair with moisture and make it soft and healthy. For homemade conditioner recipe for natural hair, check out conditioners that meet your natural hair’s need. Ask yourself if you are looking for a detangling conditioner, a moisturizing one or one for curly hair. This way it will be easy to choose a homemade conditioner recipe for natural hair that is suitable for you.