Is your hair damaged or broken? Here’s a good DIY deep conditioner for damaged hair. If you know how to make a deep leave in conditioner for treating broken, dry and damaged hair, you will be able to restore your natural hair’s health and thickness.
Buying conditioners could be frustrating especially when they do not yield desired results. One can break free from these expensive and frustrating products by making their own conditioners that suit the needs of their hair. Below we discuss the best DIY homemade deep conditioner for damaged hair and also those suitable for dry damaged hair. We also explore great ingredients you can use to satisfy different hair needs.
DIY Deep Conditioner for Damaged Hair
Damaged hair falls short of the necessary nutrients required to make it grow. It also does not have building blocks necessary for quick hair repair when it gets damaged. This makes it dry, weak and vulnerable to breakage. Such hair requires an extensive hair care routine. To ensure it gets back to its healthy nature, one could start off by trying out some DIY deep conditioner for damaged hair recipes. These will go a long way in restoring the hair’s health.
Shea butter is a very important ingredient in damaged hair. When used, it helps to restore the health of the hair by thickening hair. This leaves hair looking great and the person feeling beautiful. Try this on damaged hair and you will love the results.
To prepare this, one needs to have a teaspoon of vitamin E oil, half a cup of Shea butter and half a cup of olive oil.
- Melt the Shea butter by putting it in a vessel and dipping it into hot water. You could also use the microwave.
- Add the olive oil to the hot Shea butter.
- Let the mixture cool but do not let it set completely
- Add Vitamin E oil to the mixture. Whip until well mixed.
- Apply this mixture on hair and cover it in a plastic cap for 30minutes.
- Rinse it off
Homemade Deep Conditioner for Dry Damaged Hair
For dry hair, moisture restoration is usually the immediate need. One can adopt homemade deep conditioners for dry damaged hair to help solve this problem. The recipes below give a lot of moisture and also help to nourish hair to enhance repair of any damage that the hair must have suffered. They will restore the shine and bounce to your mane.
Avocado deep conditioner
Avocadoes have a high concentration of fats that are bound to leave hair shiny. Proper hydration is also encouraged as they seal the strands preventing them from losing moisture. It also makes hair light and airy. All these help to improve the hair’s state and increase its manageability.
- Mix one avocado, two tablespoons of cream, two tablespoons of water and two table spoons of olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Massage the mixture on hair in small sections to ensure all strands are adequately covered.
- Let the conditioner rest in for at least 20mins to facilitate deep penetration into the scalp.
- Rinse off the hair and style. Carry out this procedure every week for healthy hair.
Honey is a humectant and therefore plays a great role in facilitating the locking in of moisture. This is quite essential for dry and damaged hair as it will nourish the scalp and thus enhance growth of healthy hair.
- Put half a cup of unprocessed honey into a vessel.
- Add four tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix the two until they are well integrated.
- Evenly cover the hair and scalp with it and leave it in for an hour.
- Rinse off the conditioner.
- Dry damaged hair needs deep conditioning in order to restore its shine, softness and luster. Here are some examples of homemade conditioner for dry damaged hair
Banana mask hair conditioner
Bananas are also a great source of nourishment for the hair.
- Blend an overripe banana and ensure the result is a smooth paste.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply this on hair and let it rest for an hour.
- Rinse your hair.
Banana and avocado deep conditioner
When these two are used together, the hair gets a double treat. This is a great recipe for damaged and dry hair. It enhances retention of hair moisture and also makes hair soft and silky.
- Mash a banana together with half an avocado.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and mix.
- Apply this on hair gently massaging the scalp for maximum effectiveness.
- Rinse the conditioner off
Best Homemade Deep Conditioner for Dry Damaged Hair
Conditioning hair regularly is one great way of salvaging dry damaged hair. It helps in nourishing the weak hair thus strengthening it. Hair conditioners using ingredients with keratin help to add to the hair’s building blocks. Below are some ingredients which ought to be the main ones if you are striving at getting the best homemade deep conditioner for dry damaged hair.
The natural fats found in avocadoes enable them to restore moisture in hair leaving it well hydrated and shiny. To repair damaged dry hair, mix it up with eggs. Since eggs contain proteins, they will help in building up keratin which is a major building block of hair.
Yoghurt is another protein full conditioning ingredient. Go for yoghurts with a high concentration of fat. This will help take care of dry damaged hair by nourishing the scalp and hair strands while also moisturizing the hair. Apply the yoghurt on hair and let it rest on hair for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
The fact that hair is a humectant makes it a great product for use on dry hair. It helps to coat the hair and seal in moisture. In order for the damage on hair to be repaired, it can be used together with egg whites. These two will help restore health in dry and damaged hair.
Homemade Deep Conditioning Treatments for Damaged Hair
Damaged hair requires conditioners that will enhance restoration of its natural healthy state. It should provide the necessary building blocks necessary for repair. The scalp should also get nourished so that it can facilitate nutrition of hair strands. Below are homemade deep conditioning treatments for damaged hair.
These are rich in proteins which are necessary for hair as proteins are its building blocks. Using it on damaged hair will help to rebuild the hair and repair where it is broken. If hair has been weakened by harsh styling methods, egg conditioner will restore its natural form.
- Get an egg and strain the egg white.
- Add some vinegar to the egg white
- Add a little vegetable glycerin.
- Apply this on hair and leave it in for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse using cold water.
Apple cider vinegar
This happens to be a great ingredient for conditioners meant for damaged hair. It helps to clear up flaky scalps and clean it up. This helps to get rid of dandruffs and also relieve itchiness which could be contributing to hair breakage.
- For one cup of apple cider vinegar, add two cups of water.
- Apply this on already shampooed hair
- Rinse off after 30 minutes.