How can I get rid of large pores on my nose? Here are the methods on how to get rid of enlarged pores on nose, cheeks and legs.
Acne can leave your skin scarred and looking like an orange, and I mean that literally. When you have acne on your skin, it simply means that your sebaceous glands are overactive. The glands produce more oil or sebum more than your skin can handle. In order for the sebaceous glands to produce more oil, they have to be big. This shows on the skin as bumpy pits.
For most people in a beauty conscious world, the large pores are a nuisance. They would do anything to get rid of them. Unfortunately, nothing can be done to clear large pores or reduce their size. They are genetically formed and therefore cannot stretch nor shrink. The only remedy is to make them appear less visible with various treatments.
For those who have the money to spend they opt for laser treatments among other procedures that shrink the pores on skin. Those who cannot afford to include the laser treatments in their budget would rather stick to home made solutions and cheaper products if at all they have to spend. This article describes how to get rid of enlarged pores on nose, face, cheeks and even legs. You can also get rid of big pores naturally at home. Learn how, below.
How to Get Rid of Large Pores on Nose
The best way to get rid of large pores on nose is by steaming the whole face. When steam is used to loosen the dirt and sebum in the pores, that dirt can easily come out when exfoliates are used on the nose. However, before steaming, the nose should be cleansed with a gentle face wash that is suited for oily skin. The nose area is very oily and any product used there should work towards removing the excess sebum.
Furthermore, the products used to get rid of enlarged pores on nose must also be able to treat any blackheads or whiteheads that have erupted there due to the excess sebum. Once the dirt has been cleaned out with the wash, then the steaming session of about 10 minutes can soften the sebum, bacteria and dead cells in the large pores on nose. This way, they can easily be drawn out by a clay or peel off mask.
When a clay mask is used to get rid of large pores on nose then a toner has to be used on the nose to help remove any deposits of oil left in the pores. Furthermore, the toner after masking shrinks the pores and makes them appear reduced in size. On the other hand, peel of masks leave a smooth nose with fine pits. No toner has to be used after the peel of mask because it does a complete job of unclogging the large pores on nose.
Remember also to moisturize the nose with the normal face moisturizer. However, you will have to use a little of it so that the nose does not shine. If the pores are too enlarged, you can conceal them with makeup after applying an oil control primer that will see to it the foundation lasts and you will not need to touch up every hour.
How to Get Rid of Large Pores on Face
There is no shortcut if you want that glowing skin on face and you have large pores. You have to learn how to get rid of large pores on face first before adding any makeup or any other products that will conceal the enlarged pores. How to get rid of big pores on face takes:
- Deep cleansing with the right face wash
- Steaming the face for 10 minutes
- Using clay masks on face to draw any dirt left after cleansing
- Toning with a toner rich in fruit enzymes that also improves the complexion of the face and also shrinks the enlarged pores
- Hydrating the face with a water based moisturizer instead of an oil based one.
How to Get Rid of Large Pores on Cheeks
It is embarrassing to have your skin looking like orange peels, with all the large pores on your cheeks. If you are struggling with enlarged pores on cheeks. This is how to get rid of large pores on cheeks:
- Cleanse your cheeks thoroughly with a mild face wash meant for oily or combination skin
- Steam your face often, at least once per week
- Exfoliate with a mild scrub and you can even alternate with the face wash. Instead of washing, scrub your cheeks. Use a soft brush to get all the dead cells and dirt effectively.
- Use a clay mask or a peel of mask to reduce the size of enlarged pores on cheeks
- Moisturize with an oil free hydrating moisturizer
- If you have to wear makeup to conceal the large pores on cheeks, use a good face primer makeup on top of the moisturizer and before the foundation.
How to Get Rid of Large Pores on Legs
Ever seen the dark spots on legs, which occur mostly after you shave? Those are pores, and hair is just sprouting from them. When you shave, you do not cut the hairs from the root, hence the dark spots. It is better to wax or use any other natural method to stop hair growth on legs that will not leave visible large pores. This is how to get rid of large pores on legs:
- Avoid shaving often
- If you have to shave, exfoliate before that and always make a habit of exfoliating often even when you are not shaving.
- When shaving use a moisturizing shaving gel to prevent your legs from being irritated by the razor
- Keep your legs moisturized as they are much drier than any other part of the body
- Massage your legs with essential oils mixed with carrier oils, for example, peppermint oil and jojoba oil
How to Get Rid of Large Pores Naturally
Big pores can decrease naturally with home remedies. You do not have to buy expensive products to in order to get rid of big pores. The natural methods are also free from harmful chemicals that could damage your skin further. If you are looking for the methods to get rid of enlarged pores naturally, you have to use what is readily available in your house.
Here’s how to get rid of large pores naturally at home:
- Use citrus fruit juices on the areas of enlarged pores. Good examples are pineapple and lemon juices
- Rub a mask of papaya on face after washing
- Use honey mixed with lemon juice as a mask to shrink the enlarged pores
- Beat eggs whites to make a protein rich mask to get rid of large pores
- Crush coriander leaves and mix their powder with turmeric, add some water to make a paste for reducing enlarged pores.
- Use ice cubes to rub on the area with enlarged pores before using makeup on your skin.