Brown spots on face are quite common in women, but men get them too. In this article, find the causes of brown age spots, tips on how to get rid of brown sun spots on face, best cream to remove, lighten and fade brown marks and patches. We will also discuss how to prevent brown skin spots and best treatments below.
- Why do I have brown spots on my face?
- Why are there small brown skin spots during pregnancy?
- What are the causes of brown liver spots?
- How do I get rid of brown sun spots?
- What is the best face cream for fading dark brown spots on the face?
What Are Brown Spots on Face? – Brown Age Spots on Face
- What Are Brown Spots on Face? – Brown Age Spots on Face
- What Causes Brown Spots on Face? Causes of Light Brown Patches on Face
- How to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Face
- Best Cream for Brown Spots on Face – Top Rated Serums and Lotions
- How to Remove Brown Spots on Face
- Home Remedies for Brown Spots on Face
Brown spots on the face, especially during pregnancy, are sometimes referred to as melasma. They commonly appear as small dark brown or light brown marks on the cheeks, upper lip, nose and forehead. For people with olive skin tone, these spots are quite common as their skin tans quite easily. If you come from a place that receives sun most of the time, then you might be more familiar with the brown spots. (See brown spots on face pictures on this page.)
Melasma, or brown age and sun spots are not a health problem, but they may at times indicate an underlying medical condition. However, raised brown spots on face are regarded as a skin cosmetic problem. They are common in women who undergo hormonal changes. So, you are likely to see them develop as you get pregnancy stretch marks too. The spots may manifest themselves as light brown or dark brown, although some people may show signs of white spots on the face. So what are the causes?
What Causes Brown Spots on Face? Causes of Light Brown Patches on Face
Causes of brown spots on your face can range from simple to complex ones. Although some people may refer to them as liver spots, there is almost nothing to do with the liver that is related to the small brown marks on your skin. The causes can be an indication of a certain health problem, or sometimes something to do with your lifestyle. Below are the causes of brown spots on face.
- Hormonal changes and related changes such as during pregnancy and during menopause in women. Brown spots during pregnancy are called cholasma.
- Brown Spots on Face from Sun – Prolonged exposure to the sun causes both brown and dark spots on skin. Mostly, when UV rays are the cause, you are likely to experience the spots on other parts of the body such as spots on legs, spots on hands and spots on the back.
- Brown Small Spots on Face Cancer – Cancer is also one of the known causes of brown patching on the skin. Having spots on your face could be an indication that you are suffering from skin cancer.
- Diabetes – known to cause brown marks on the legs, hands, back and even face.
How to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Face
Getting rid of brown age spots on the face has various options that you can take. Some of the things you can do to remove brown spots on face include home remedies, medical treatments, prevention procedures and even the use of the best cream for face to lighten or fade the marks. We will divide the methods on how to get rid of brown spots on the face into several categories, starting with prevention, best cream, home remedies and treatment such as laser removal.
Best Cream for Brown Spots on Face – Top Rated Serums and Lotions
What is the best cream for brown spots on the face? Face creams are plenty, some of them are commonly used to remove face wrinkles, others are for getting rid of dark circles, while the list below indicates top-rated creams for brown age spots and sun spots. But what is good for brown spots on face? Most of the recommended creams, serums and lotions contain a skin brightener and dark brown spot corrector. Topical retinoids and hydroquinone are some of the main ingredients to look for in a good cream for hyperpigmentation on the face.
Here is the list of top-ranked creams.
- Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Cream
- Shiseido White Lucent Concentrated Brightening Serum
- Ambi Fade Cream
- Bremenn Research Labs Lumedia Facial Brightener
- Barielle Advanced Formula Porcelain Skin Brightening Cream
- Peter Thomas Roth Potent Botanical Skin Brightening Gel Complex
- Avon Anew Luminosity Ultra Advanced Skin Brightener SPF15
- Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright Correcting Serum
- Meaningful Beauty Cindy Crawford Skin Brightening Treatment
- DDF Discoloration Reversal Pods
- Lancôme Bright Expert
- Nia24 Sun Damage Repair
- L’occitane Immortelle Brightening Essence
- Elemental Herbology Lighten & Brighten Dark Spots
- La Prairie White Caviar Spot Treatment
- Caudalie Paris Premier Cru
- Clarins Bright Plus HP On-The-Spot Brightening Corrector
- Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum
How to Remove Brown Spots on Face
Removing brown spots from face involves, well, most of the times exfoliation or fading them off. You can fade the spots using the best face creams, or the best face bleaching creams available. See above the best creams for correcting discolorations on the face.
The best brown face spot removers are face masks and scrubs. Gentle scrubs will help remove the small raised spots as they will exfoliate the skin and do away with the excess melanin in the skin. See simple home remedies below for removing spots from face by exfoliation.
Laser Brown Spot Removal: Superficial spots on the skin can easily be removed using laser treatment. The dermatologist uses laser devices, such as the Fraxel laser commonly used to get rid of stretch marks to clear brown spots on the face. Laser treatment produces great results in eliminating age spots, and with about two sessions, the marks and patches will be gone. The downside of laser treatment for brown face spots is that it is expensive and costs about $1000 to complete.
Fade Brown Spots on Face: Freckles and blotches on the skin can be removed by fading. For the face, most people prefer fading using the best exfoliants and face creams. See above for the best cream for fading facial brown spots.
Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion for Brown Spots Removal: With microdermabrasion, tiny crystals are used to scrub the skin on your face as a way of getting rid of brown spots. The process is the same as that of sanding. It works best on dull skin, age spots and brown spots. The crystals exfoliate your skin to leave you with a layer that is healthy and clear.
How to Prevent Brown Spots on Your Face: Other than waiting for the best treatment for brown face spots, you could opt for prevention. Preventing dark brown age spots can be a difficult task, but lifestyle changes such as avoiding prolonged sun exposure, eating a balanced diet and exfoliating your face regularly. Face marks are a great choice when it comes to exfoliating to prevent brown spots on your face.
Home Remedies for Brown Spots on Face
Home remedies used to get rid of brown spots on the face are mostly those that can bleach the scalp, skin on your face and generally most of the marks that appear on your body. Here are the best natural home remedies for fading brown skin spots.
- Lemon Juice Remedy: Lemon juice is not just good for getting rid of wrinkles. It can also be applied as a natural remedy for brown face spots. Apply daily for 15 minutes before going to bed in order to correct brown spots and dark spots on the face.
- Onion Juice and Honey: Onion and garlic are quite strong bleaching agents. Mix a little onion juice with garlic juice and apply on the dark spots for just 15 minutes. Done on a regular basis, it will clear any discolorations on the face.
- Yogurt or Sour Milk and Honey: Sour milk has bleaching properties. Prepare a face mask by adding honey to sour milk and mixing it. This will bleach the dark spots and leave you with a clear face.
- Tomato Juice: Mix buttermilk with tomato juice to make an effective home remedy for dark brown spots on your face. Applying this will lighten or fade dark spots fast.
- Homemade Scrub: Scrubs are good treatments for dark and brown spots on neck, face, legs and hands. Make a facial scrub my mixing small amounts of rose water, sandalwood powder, oatmeal and milk. Scrub the face with it 3 times a week to get rid of brown facial spots. This scrub is the best brown spot remover.
- Sandalwood Powder: Make a home remedy for brown face spots by making a paste of sandalwood using its powder and water. Apply on your face on a daily basis to remove age spots, sun spots and liver spots fast.
Fading brown spots on your face is simply lightening them until they disappear. As we have discussed above, there are different ways on how to lighten and fade brown facial spots, dull spots, red spots and other marks on the skin. See the options above for fading brown facial patches.
What is your best cream for fading brown spots on face?