Brown Spots on Neck – Causes and How to Remove them Fast
Brown spots on neck may be a sign of ageing or sun exposure. Here are all the causes of brown and dark spots on neck, tips on how to get rid of brown age spots on neck and treatments for dark spots on your neck. Also, find out if spots indicate diabetes and liver problems, and finally learn how to remove and fade light spots on the back of neck.
- What are the brown spots on my neck?
- Why do I have brown spots on my neck?
- What is the cause of brown pots on the neck?
- How can I get rid of brown and dark spots on my neck?
- Are dark neck spots an indication of diabetes and liver problem?
Brown spots on neck are common and can spread toward the back. Some people may have dark spots even at the back of the neck, around shoulders, on hands, legs and other parts of the body. Like any other skin problem, these may not be pleasant to look at.
If you have age spots on your skin, you can start looking for the best solution to get rid of the problem, which will involve determining the causes of brown spots on the neck. We will discuss that shortly below. Some of the causes may be underlying medical conditions, while others might be normal and easy to control. Brown spots around the neck are sometimes referred to as light brown spots, age spots on neck, sun spots on neck, or liver spots on neck. Some people refer to them as diabetes spots on neck.
Causes of Brown Spots on Neck – What Causes Dark Brown Spots?
Discoloration of skin on the neck can be caused by various factors. We have already seen the causes of dark spots and marks on the back, legs and face. Some of the causes are the same and may mean the same underlying problem.
However, here are common causes of brown spots on neck.
- Ageing may cause light brown spots on the neck as well as neck wrinkles.
- Exposure to the sun, especially during summer, can cause black spots to form on the back of your neck.
- Liver problems are associated with brown marks on the skin, including on the neck.
- Vitamin B deficiency also causes dark brown spots on the neck.
- Allergic reactions to certain creams and medications.
- Dark brown spots may also be caused by acne.
- In rare cases, skin cancer may be the underlying cause of brown spots.
- Diabetes brown spots on neck – a common occurrence, though mostly on the legs.
If you have brownish marks on your neck, it does not necessarily mean that all the above have caused them. It could be any of these. Other causes of dark skin spots such as smoking and excessive alcohol intake may also contribute to the formation of sagging neck skin and dark marks or light brown spots on neck.
How to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Neck – Fade Light Brown Spots Fast
Brown spots on chest and neck can be gotten rid of using simple remedies and medications. The most important part is to find out the cause first before seeking the treatment of dark age spots on the back of the neck. For instance, you cannot apply the use of topical creams to fade and remove age spots when the cause is diabetes. Here are tips on how to remove brown spots on the skin of your neck.
- Treat underlying medical conditions first. For instance, dark and brown spots on the skin are associated with liver problems and diabetes. See your doctor to be certain of the cause before resorting to treatments for brown neck spots.
- Avoid exposing your skin to the sun. Exposure to UV rays is one of the major causes of brown and dark spots on the neck, chest and shoulders. During summer, always wear protective clothes since they have a sunscreen effect on your neck. In addition, you can wear sunscreen creams, and also avoid using tanning beds and lights.
- Eat a skin firming diet to prevent brown spots and neck wrinkles. You can also use easy home remedies to get rid of the brown spots. Most of these are fading solutions. Below are some good home remedies to start you off.
Home Remedies for Brown Spots on Neck
Home remedies for brown neck spots or age spots on neck are cheap and easy to apply. Here are some that you can use to remove dark sun spots on neck.
- Prepare lemon juice and apply it on the spots on your neck. Lemon juice is a good bleaching solution that will fade the spots slowly with time. It will help you do away with the brown skin spots on the neck within a couple of weeks.
- Use apple cider vinegar so fade spots on your neck. Apple cider vinegar will bleach the marks and do away with the discolored skin.
- Massage your neck with almond oil and coconut oil every day to fade the spots around your neck.
- Tomato, honey, and lemon juice can be used to treat dark skin spots on the neck.
- Apply aloe vera gel.
- Prepare a paste of yogurt and walnut and apply on the neck to lighten dark spots.
How to Remove Dark Spots on Neck – Treatments for Brown Spots on Neck
Scrubbing your skin well is enough to fade and remove brown spots around the neck. However, if the marks and patches are stubborn, other treatments for brown neck spots can be applied. Common skin treatments may be applied, including microdermabrasion and dermabrasion to remove the spots.
Microdermabrasion and dermabrasion treatments for age spots on neck uses small crystals to scrub the skin around the neck. It works by exfoliating the skin and getting rid of the dark marks on the neck. A couple of sessions might be required in order to completely eliminate the discolorations on the skin.
Best topical creams, especially those containing hydroquinone can be used to fade black spots on the shoulders, neck, legs and even hands. Most formulations will be able to bleach the dark spots easily.
Lastly, laser treatment for brown spots on the neck can be performed if you want to remove the spots fast. This, like microdermabrasion treatment, might take several sessions with your dermatologist to clear the spots.
What methods do you use to get rid of brown spots on neck?