Dark spots on face have various causes. Learn how to get rid of black spots on face, ways to remove dark patches using natural home remedies and treatments that fade and lighten dark blotches on the face. You will also find the best cream for clearing, fading, lightening, erasing and bleaching dark spots from the face.
- What causes black spots on my face?
- What is the best product for dark spots on face?
- How can I erase dark spots on my face?
- What are the best ways to get rid of dark freckles from the face?
Causes of Dark Spots on Face
What causes dark spots on the face? The appearance of dark skin spots on face can mean that you have an underlying disease that might need attention, or that the problem is just cosmetic and does not carry any harms.
Here are the causes of black spots and blotches on the face.
- Hyperpigmentation – the production of excess melanin.
- Hormonal imbalances especially during pregnancy can cause melasma dark spots or pregnancy dark spots on the face.
- Prolonged exposure to sun may cause dun damage. Your skin will produce more melanin to protect itself from UV rays.
- Liver damage will cause dark liver spots on face. These may also manifest as brown spots on light skin or black spots on dark skin.
- Skin disorders such as acne and eczema will cause dark patches and spots on the face. Dark acne scars or dark spots on face from acne are even more common.
- Skin cancer can also show itself as dark patches on the skin.
- Age spots on face will be caused by the effects of aging.
How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Face – How to Remove Dark Face Spots
On how to fade dark spots, you can go with various options available today. Home remedies used to lighten dark marks on face make simplest option that you can do at home to remove blemishes and discolorations on your face. There are two ways on how to remove dark spots from face:
- Through exfoliation to encourage new and clear skin to grow.
- Through fading, brightening, lightening or bleaching black blotches and bumps on the face.
Below, we will explore ways on how to get rid of black spots on face, starting with the best topical creams to treatments such as laser and chemical peels. Each of the dark spot removers below will have its own pros and cons, so it is important to consider and choose one that will work best for your needs of black marks removal.
Best Cream for Dark Spots on Face – Top Dark Spot Remover for Face
Topical creams are some of the best options when it comes to removing black spots from face. There are many good dark spot removers for the face out there, making it difficult to choose the best cream to remove dark face spots. See guide on choosing the best cream for lightening dark spots. Below are the best creams for fading black marks by bleaching them off.
- Hydroquinone Cream for Dark Face Spots
- Clinique Even Better Clinical Corrector
- Philosophy Miracle Worker Corrector
- Garnier Skin Renew Corrector
- Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum
- L’Oreal Youth Code Serum Corrector
- Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Solution
- Lancome Bright Expert Corrector
- Proactiv Hydroquinone Cream
When choosing the best dark spot corrector, cream, ensure you look at the ingredients. Some of these creams can remove face spots from pregnancy, sun spots, age spots, liver spots and even diabetes spots on the face. You may also use them for other parts of the body to remove black spots on neck, dark spots under your eyes and even dark patches on hands.
Best Treatment for Dark Spots on Face – Medical Cures
Sometimes, small dark spots on the face can be stubborn and not easy to remove. In order to get rid of them, you might need to try medical and cosmetic treatments for removing black patches and marks on the face. It is also important to see a dermatologist or a doctor when you realize you have tiny and itchy dark face spots. The doctor will determine the underlying cause before prescribing the best treatment for dark face spots. Here are the best treatments for removing dark age spots from face.
Laser Treatment for Dark Spots on Face: Laser therapy can be used for black age spots on face, sun spots on face and even acne face spots. Laser beams of light are penetrated into the skin to stimulate the growth of new skin cells and clear the discolored black and brown spots under the skin of your face. See the cost and before and after pictures of laser therapy.
Chemical Peels for Removing Dark Face Spots: You can make your own homemade chemical peel using natural ingredients. However, most of these treatments are safely performed by a doctor and it is recommended that you see one. A doctor applies a mild acid to the face to remove the outer layers of your skin with black blemishes. This will reveal a new layer of skin with an even tone after removing the dark liver spots on the face.
Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion Treatments: Another way on how to clear spots on face is to go for microdermabrasion therapy. This is an exfoliation process that uses microscopic crystals to remove the top layer of your skin with dark age spots, sun spots and acne blemishes. After the therapy, a new layer of cells will grow, leaving you with an even face and skin free of dark marks.
Natural Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Face – DIY Cures
The best natural remedies for dark spots on face removal are those erasers that you can get in your kitchen. They are cheap and easy to apply to fade black dots on your face fast. Most home remedies for removing black patches and marks from face can be prepared in the kitchen at home with simple DIY recipes. From homemade face masks to simple juice applications, you can try various natural remedies to find the best home remedies to remove dark spots on face easily.
- Green tea extract is a good natural remedy for fading and lightening black patches and marks on skin.
- Aloe vera extract or juice rubbed on the black marks on face and other parts of the body can remove the spots.
- Castor oil is known to be one of the top-rated bleachers and moisturizers and can get rid of itchy dry spots on skin.
- Lemon juice remedy is not only a solution for wrinkles but also a homemade remedy for black patches and spots on the face, hands, neck, back and even legs.
- Honey and brown sugar home treatments and cures will help exfoliate the skin to remove dry black patches on the skin.
See other effective home remedy recipes such as sandalwood paste, apple cider vinegar, horseradish, rosewater, mil, potato slices and paste, turmeric remedy to get rid of dark spots on face naturally and many more.
Also Read the Following:
- Best Dark Spot Corrector and Remover Reviews
- Best Cream for Dark Spots Fading, Bleaching and Lightening
- Get Rid of Dark Spots Under Eyes with Treatments, Remedies
- Best Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots from Acne Naturally
- Dark Spots on Skin Treatments and How to Lighten, Remove
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Neck Fast
Read more on White Spots, or learn about Brown Spot Removal.