How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks on Breasts, Boobs Fast (with Pictures)
Stretch marks on breasts occur during teenage years and mostly during pregnancy because of weight gain. How do you get rid of stretch marks fast? You might also see breast augmentation stretchmarks if you do breast implants. Here’s how to remove and prevent silver, white and red stretch lines on boobs using best creams, laser treatment and even home remedies.
After breast implants, during puberty, pregnancy and sometimes after gaining weight so fast, or losing weight so fast, you might see lines on your breasts. These may be red if they are fresh, or may appear as silver or white if they have been there for a long time and are still healing. Below, we will discuss how you can remove or even avoid scars on boobs easily.
What it Means to Have Stretch Marks on Breasts
- What it Means to Have Stretch Marks on Breasts
- What Causes Stretch Marks on Breasts?
- Stretch Marks on Breasts at 15, 14 and 13 Teenage Years
- When do Breast Stretch Marks Occur?
- How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks on Breasts Fast
- How to Hide Stretch Marks on Breasts
- How to Remove Stretch Marks on Breasts
- Apply the Best Breast Stretch Mark Removal Creams
- Bio Oil for Stretch Mark Removal on Breasts
- Revitol Stretch Mark Cream
- Mederma Stretch Mark Therapy Cream
- Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Mark Cream
- Mama Mio Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Butter
- Red Stretch Marks on Breasts
- White Stretch Marks on Breasts and Purple Scars
- Laser Treatment for Stretch Marks On Boobs
- Microdermabrasion for Breast Stretch Mark Removal
- Natural Remedies for Breast Stretch Marks Removal
- Breast Implants and Stretch Marks – Augmentation Lines
- How to Prevent Stretch Marks on Breasts – Stop and Avoid
Do you have stretch marks on boobs? Well, don’t just ignore them because that could be a red light alarm for something you don’t want to go through. What do breast stretch marks mean? Here’s what it means to have stripes on boobs.
- Cushing’s Syndrome, a disorder that is known to cause stretch marks even without rapid increase in breast size. Mayo Clinic states that the syndrome develops as a result of the body overproducing cortisol medications. Dark pink and purple stretch marks on breasts could be an indicator of this disorder.
- Lack of exercise and alarming dehydration could be a reason behind development of the lines. Fox News reported that when you notice sudden breast striae, you should re-evaluate your hydration as well as exercise.
- Of course you would know when you are pregnant, so that could be what those stripes mean. But, there could be more to that – birth control. Some birth control methods may cause hormonal changes in the body, which will mean weight gain or weight loss, which will cause development of the marks.
- Rapid changes in breast size in both women and men!
What Causes Stretch Marks on Breasts?
There are many causes of stretch marks on boobs in a general sense. Though we have discussed all the causes of striae here, the following are causes specific to your boobs.
- Overstretching of breast skin is the primary cause red lines or purple marks. Hormonal changes while pregnant or even menopause can be the reason behind the development these lines.
- Breast augmentation and breast implants, usually for enlargement are also known to cause white stretch marks on boobs.
- Gaining weight rapidly or even losing weight fast while pregnant has also been identified as one of the causes. During pregnancy, you should expect to gain some weight. If you don’t gain weight moderately and to acceptable limits, you are likely to get breast stretch marks.
- According to Mayo Clinic, breast stretch marks, just like any other stretch marks can be hereditary. If your mother had them, you are likely to have them too.
- For teenagers, stretch marks on breasts occur because of the accelerated growth and development which causes fat deposits around the breasts. This stretches the skin around the breasts, which leads to the development of scars on boobs.
- Underlying health problems can also make the list of the causes of the lines. Adrenal gland disorders and Cushing’s disease are known causes.
Stretch Marks on Breasts at 15, 14 and 13 Teenage Years
At the age of 15, 14 and 13, the very onset of teenage years, stretch marks start occurring. Teenagers at this time are growing fast as they reach puberty. Breasts may become bigger, which may cause red stretch lines, white stretch lines and purple or silver stripes to occur.
If you are a teenager, be prepared for these because you may be surprised to see those streaks on your boobs, around thighs, legs, knees, buttocks or waist area. Weight gain is the main reason. To be prepared to prevent these stripes and streaks, exercise to gain weight in a healthy way. Also, keep your skin moisturized to avoid the red deep stretch marks from forming on your chest and ruining your cleavage. It is at the age of 13, 14 and 15 that some girls also start seeing cellulite on legs.
When do Breast Stretch Marks Occur?
Definitely, you know this one. Stripes on boobs occur when three general events occur on your body.
- When there are significant hormonal changes in the body, usually during pregnancy and menopause.
- You are also likely to get dark purple lines during puberty because your body is growing significantly.
- Lastly, breast stretch marks occur when someone loses or gains weight rapidly. In case you develop obesity, you are likely to get stretch lines on the chest area.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks on Breasts Fast
Can you get rid of breast stretch marks fast? Whether it is with natural remedies or treatments, it can take quite some time to improve the appearance of the lines on your boobs. If you went for breast augmentation and find that you still have silver and red lines on your boobs, quick removal methods such as microdermabrasion or laser surgery are the only quickest ways to get rid of stretch marks on breasts fast. The following are the quick ways to get rid of stretch marks on breasts fast with simple home remedies:
Potato slices: It is believed that raw potato juice has minerals and vitamins that will help restore and grow new skin cells. Here’s how to use potato slices to get rid of stretch marks on your boobs.
Rub aloe vera gel on breasts: If your boobs have red stretch marks or even old purple stretch marks, get natural aloe vera gel and rub it onto your breast and then wash off with lukewarm water after a few minutes. You can mix it with vitamin A and vitamin E.
Gentle sugar scrub to exfoliate: Use natural white sugar as an exfoliant to remove old stretch marks on your chest. This can also help improve the appearance of chest wrinkles. Exfoliation lightens stretch marks fast, improving their appearance.
How to Hide Stretch Marks on Breasts
Hiding stretch marks, especially the more visible white stretch marks on boobs and old purple ones too. Unlike the face which can take things such as concealers, you may not do a lot of makeup for them. Therefore, to hide stretch mark scars on your breasts, just wear clothes with a high cleavage in order not to show those fresh red stretch lines.
How to Remove Stretch Marks on Breasts
The methods of breast stretch marks removal are not so different from those used to remove other types of striae. The following are the methods on how to get rid of stretch marks on your breasts.
Apply the Best Breast Stretch Mark Removal Creams
There are many brands of breast stretch mark removal creams. The choice of one that will work best is solely up to an individual. Reading reviews and even talking to a cosmetic therapist would be a good way to go about the process of breast stretch mark treatment. A physician will advise you on the best and safe stretch mark removal creams to use. Here are some of the top creams for breast stretch mark removal:
Bio Oil for Stretch Mark Removal on Breasts
Bio-oil cream is a skin care product that is said to improve the appearance of the skin. It helps in moisturizing the skin and help with the healing of stretch marks on breasts. Bio Oil is a mixture of natural oils that trigger skin regeneration. Many cosmetic experts and users recommend Bio Oil for breast stretch mark removal.
Revitol Stretch Mark Cream
Revitol is used mostly as a stretch mark prevention cream. Revitol stretch mark cream can also be used for breast stretch mark removal. It has glycerine, squalene oil and demethicone as part of the main ingredients. Other products in this breast stretch mark treatment cream include vitamin E and grape seed extract.
Mederma Stretch Mark Therapy Cream
Mederma is as popular as bio oil in the treatment of stretch marks on breasts. This topical cream for treatment and elimination of the lines contains various ingredients that help in removal and appearance of stretch marks. Maderma reviews show that it is good for softening the skin and reduce cracking. The cream is also one of the best cosmetic products around for hydrating the skin and helping with curing breast stripes.
Some of the ingredients found in it include cepalin, hyaluronic acid, cepalin, cantella asiatica leaf extract, onion extract and vitamin E. onion extract is known to be one of the best ingredients in the therapy for soothing skin inflammations and reduce itchiness. Cepalin in the therapy softens scars while hyaluronic has a hydrating agent, making the cream leave the breasts supple.
Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Mark Cream
This one is very popular with celebrities who use it to prevent and even remove stretch lines on the skin. Mama Mio Goodbye Cream is known to reduce the appearance of stretch mark scars by over 70%. Celebrities who have used this cream for removal of the stretch marks and treatment include Stella McCartney, Gabrielle Reece, Christina Aguilera, Milla Jovovich, Natalia Vodianova, Melissa Joan Hart, Victoria Beckham, Christy Turlington, Mariska Hegarty, Emma Bunton, Jennifer Beals, Lindsay Davenport and Rachel Weisz.
Mama Mio Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Butter
Another product from Mama Mio’s that uses fatty acid-rich ingredients such as Omega 3, 6 and 9. These ingredients increase the elasticity of the skin around breasts, thus helping with breast stretch mark removal. Wheatgerm oil, vitamin E, sweet almond oil, roseship seed oil, shea butter and borage oil are also part of this product’s ingredients, making it an effective contender in the treatment.
Red Stretch Marks on Breasts
What are red stretch marks on boobs? Why are they red? The reason why your striae are red or bright red is that they are freshly formed. Since these are scars occurring from the stretching of the skin, when they are freshly formed, your skin gets fresh deep bruises on breasts that appear as red scars.
White Stretch Marks on Breasts and Purple Scars
Sometimes, stretch lines appear as purple streaks or white marks. It really depends on your skin color or complexion. Old stretch lines may appear as purple scars on the boobs. These ones will have occurred a few years back. Similarly, white stretch marks and silver stripes are also old stretch marks or scars. Some creams such as Pathenol cream are said to get rid of stretch marks on boobs.
Laser Treatment for Stretch Marks On Boobs
Laser treatment for breast stretch marks is also a common method that most people use. There are three different methods of laser treatment for breast stretch marks. These include fractional laser treatment for scar removal that makes use of the Lux1540 equipment, Pulsed Dye Laser treatment for breast stretch marks and Excimer Laser therapy for breasts. You can read more about these techniques in an article I did exclusively on treatment of stretch scars using laser techniques.
Microdermabrasion for Breast Stretch Mark Removal
Microdermabrasion for treatment of red marks on breast uses a hand-held device that blows certain crystals onto the skin with stretch marks. The crystals gently abrade or “polish” the surface of the skin. A vacuum tube is used to remove the crystals and the skin cells that make part of the unsightly streaks. Mayo Clinic recommends microdermabrasion for the removal of breast stretch marks because it simply it removes just the topmost layer of skin cells and allows the growth of new elastic skin cells. Microdermabrasion for breast stretch mark removal is effective for older stretch marks.
Natural Remedies for Breast Stretch Marks Removal
When you want to do away with all the side effects of the various technologies used for removing breast stretch marks, you can choose to use natural treatments for stretch marks on breasts. These are quite many, starting with making your own creams at home as part of the home remedies, hydrating adequately and proper dieting.
Breast Implants and Stretch Marks – Augmentation Lines
Have you thought of going for breast augmentation or breast implants? Well, these could also end up causing stretch marks on breasts. Breast augmentation basically increases the size of the breasts. Six weeks down the line, you are likely to observe the development of breast augmentation stretch marks because your skin will be scarring. This is not a common occurrence, but quite a number of factors can contribute to the development of breast stretch marks after breast augmentation. These include ensuring the breast implant size is not too large to cause skin scarring.
The positioning of the breast augmentation implant can also determine if you will get breast stretch lines or not. Breast surgical techniques such as sub-muscular implant technique will help prevent the marks and lines. On-top of muscles breast augmentation or implant is likely to cause the development of breast augmentation stretch marks.
Lastly, predisposition can also be a factor in the formation of breast stretch marks during implantation. We have already discussed this under the causes of stretch scars. Some of the predisposition factors include hereditary stretch marks, an underlying disorder or the presence of the lines and scars on other parts of the body already, such as underarms, thighs, butt, belly and so on.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks on Breasts – Stop and Avoid
There are many ways of preventing stretch marks. You can use these on your breasts too. Read more on how to prevent pregnancy stretch marks to understand most of them. Here are additional ways on how to prevent breast stripes:
- Massage your breasts daily
- Spread scar treatment cream on your boobs regularly
- Apply stretch mark oil, cream, butter or moisturizer regularly. Cocoa or Shea butter are known to be very good for avoiding breast stretch marks.
Stretch marks on boobs are not so different from other types of striae. So, the ways of improving the appearance of red lines on boobs are not different per se. They are quite the same. If you are breastfeeding however, be sure to talk to your doctor about the choice of boob stretch mark removal creams as well as other improvement treatments. The same should be done for red and purple belly lines.