Have you used Rogaine for eyebrows to grow them thicker and fuller? Eyebrow growth or regrowth can be quite a task. Here’s a guide on the use of Rogaine for faster growth of eyebrows, with customer reviews, results and before and after photos for brow hair regrowth and growing back eye brows using Minoxidil. Also find out the side effects of Rogaine for eyebrows below.
Rogaine is a product originally made to treat male pattern baldness. What is Rogaine? Rogaine, medically known as Minoxidil is an antihypertensive vasodilator drug. It has also widely been used for treatment of hair loss otherwise known as alopecia. It stops or slows hair loss and promotes hair regrowth.
Rogaine is found in 2 strengths, regular strength contains 2% solution and extra strength contains a 5% solution. Rogaine is also sold in 2 forms; solution and foam. This are equally effective but some people find it easier to use foam. Minoxidil is the active ingredient used in hair restoration products like Rogaine and Hairgo.
Can You Use Rogaine on Eyebrows?
- Can You Use Rogaine on Eyebrows?
- Does Rogaine Work on Eyebrows?
- Other Best Products for Eyebrow Hair Growth
- Rogaine for Eyebrow Growth, Get Fuller Eyebrows
- How to Use Rogaine to Grow Eyebrows Thicker
- Rogaine for Eyebrow Regrowth or to Grow Back Eyebrows
- Rogaine Reviews and Results on Eyebrows
- How long does it take to see the results?
- What are the ingredients in Rogaine?
- Rogaine for Eyebrows Before and after Photos
- Rogaine for Eyebrows Side Effects
Can you use Rogaine for eyebrow regrowth? Yes! Rogaine has been widely used to grow back naturally sparse body hairs on the head and brow area. It may cause increased growth or darkening of finer body hairs. The mechanism by which Rogaine promotes hair growth is not well understood.
Being a vasodilator, it allows more oxygen, blood and nutrients to get to hair follicles, which may cause thinner hairs in the telogen phase to shed allowing thicker hairs in the anagen phase to grow.
Does Rogaine Work on Eyebrows?
Yes, Rogaine does work on eyebrows based on the same mechanism it grows back hair on men with baldness. Rogaine for eyebrows may help you grow your eyebrows longer and thicker depending whether you have supporting live follicles to work with.
It is also important to note that this product has to be used 1 to 2 times a day indefinitely for continued support to your thick brow. There is a gradual decrease to the length and thickness of your brow hairs when you discontinue its use.
Other Best Products for Eyebrow Hair Growth
If you think Rogaine is not for you, here is a list of the best products proven to help brow hair grow faster and thicker:
- Rapidbrow Eye Brow Enhancing Serum
- PERFECT BROWS Eyebrow Growth Accelerator
- Talika Lipocils Eyebrow Conditioning Gel
- Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum Advanced
Rogaine for Eyebrow Growth, Get Fuller Eyebrows
Naturally, sparse brow hair or hair loss can be quite slow and almost impossible to grow back. Rogaine is a sure and faster way to grow your eyebrows fuller and thicker. Unlike Latisse, which is applied once daily and not as dangerous because it was originally made to treat an eye condition called glaucoma, Rogaine takes a longer time and one needs to take extra caution as it can cause irritation to eyes while trying to get thicker and fuller eye brows.
Note that some people in their reviews noted eyebrow growth as just one of the side effects discovered while using Rogaine for hair loss and has over time been used to stimulate eyebrows to grow fuller, thicker, longer and faster.
How to Use Rogaine to Grow Eyebrows Thicker
Here is a guide on how to use Rogaine for thicker eyebrows.
- Wash your hands and cleanse face thoroughly.
- Brush in line with the growth direction your brows in prep as this helps to keep them in line exposing sparse areas
- Place a small amount of Rogaine on a cotton swab and run it through your brow area, a thin film is required.
Unlike Latisse for eyebrows, you need to apply Rogaine twice daily for the best results.
- Avoid getting the product into your eyes as this might cause irritation
- Do not apply Rogaine on broken skin
- Discontinue application if skin irritation occurs
- Minoxidil can cause allergic reactions to people who are allergic to preservatives and animals
- Avoid using Rogaine in pregnancy and lactation.
Rogaine for Eyebrow Regrowth or to Grow Back Eyebrows
If you over plucked your brows, and are yearning to grow back brow hair faster and even better, do not stress. Apply Rogaine to your eyebrows thinly twice daily for about 6 months continuously for thicker, longer brows.
So, how does Rogaine work? According to the manufacturer’s website, “ROGAINE® products work in two ways: revitalizes hair follicles, and regrows hair.” The manufacturer notes that its active ingredient tries as much as possible to stimulate natural hair growth by reactivating the natural cycle by “reinvigorating hair follicles that are shrunken.” Therefore, if you suffer from brow hair loss, this product might work for you. So, for whom is Rogaine intended with regard to getting a bushy eyebrows?
- People who suffer from eyebrow hair loss
- If you have overplucked or overtweezed your brow hair
- If you waxed or shaved and it takes a long time for your brow hair to grow back
- If you have underwent chemotherapy and lost hair
- People with thin eye brows or thinning brow hair
Rogaine Reviews and Results on Eyebrows
Grow back brow hair faster and thicker with Rogaine 5%. Here is quick review on cost, how long it takes, ingredients and user ratings. Also, find helpful customer reviews
How much does Rogaine cost? Rogaine 2% topical application will cost you $45, which contains three 60ml bottles. 5% men’s topical solution will cost you $46 at Walmart. This should last for about 4 months. 1-2 months’ supply of Rogaine for eyebrows would cost you half the price.
Ratings: members at Menshair.About.com rate this product at 4 out 5 stars. At Amazon.com, this product is also rated at 4 out 5 stars for growing longer brow hair. Customer reviews at Ulta.com rate this product at 4.1 out 5 stars.
User reviews of Rogaine for eyebrows: “Within about a month my eyebrow filled in! I was thrilled. And will say that the $25 the bottle set me back was well worth it. Let me add that my brows are very fine, it may take longer or (not work at all) on thicker brows.” [Amazon.com]
How long does it take to see the results?
Well, this will vary on different people but with Rogaine 5%, you should see hair regrowth as early as 2 months with optimal regrowth potential at 12 months. It is important to note that you might experience some shedding of light hairs in the first 2 weeks, which should be a positive sign. Light hairs in the telogen phase shed off giving way for thicker hairs in the anagen phase to grow.
What are the ingredients in Rogaine?
Minixidil is the active ingredient in Rogaine. The inactive ingredients include; Alcohol (30%v/v), Propylene Glycol (50%v/v), Purified Water
Rogaine for Eyebrows Before and after Photos
Does Rogaine really work? Perhaps a look at some of the before and after photos of those who have used it before can help you see the expected results. As you can see, some of the photos on this page are before and after images of people who have used Rogaine on eyebrows.
Rogaine for Eyebrows Side Effects
In the United States, Rogaine can be found off the counter with or without a prescription. Side effects of this product are very uncommon. Generally, if you do not have any pre-existing medical condition like thyroid issues, it is safe to use. Here are some of the dangers of using Minoxidil for eyebrow growth or regrowth:
- Acne at site of application
- Burning sensation
- Excessive hair growth ( apply minimally and only on intended areas)
- Increased hair loss in some instances
- Inflammation or soreness at root of hair
- Reddened skin
If you experience these side effects, it advisable to discontinue use immediately. Those with a higher risk of experiencing these effects include; people with underlying medical conditions. It is very important to note that Rogaine should NOT be used by those aged 18 and below.