What is the best shampoo for curly hair? In this article, find out top rated and most reviewed curly hair products such as sulfate free shampoo, cheap drugstore and natural or organic shampoos for curled hair. You will be able to identify the best quality product for men, for dry hair and frizzy hair below.
Sulfate free shampoo products such as DevaCurl No-Poo are considered the best for maintaining and caring for curlicious hair. Most of these can be bought from drugstores near you or any online outlets. A good quality product can leave your hair feeling not only healthy but also smooth and relaxed. Since curled hair can be very unruly, forming frizz and becoming brittle and dry, it is important to use the right hair product on your head.
Best Shampoo for Curly Hair – Dry, Frizzy Hair, Sulfate Free Products
Below are the top rated shampoo products for 2012, 2013 and will reign the market for more years because of their top quality.
|EverCurl by L’Oreal Paris||L’oreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss Moisturizing Shampoo, Dry Hair|
|Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls||Davines – Love Lovely Curl Enhancing|
|Bumble and bumble (good for frizzy curls)||Oscar Blandi|
|Curly Hair Solutions Silk Shampoo||TIGI|
|Garnier Fructis Haircare Fortifying Shampoo, Sleek & Shine||DAVINES LOVE LOVELY CURL ENHANCING Shampoo for WAVY HAIR|
|Frederic Fekkai – Luscious Curls for Permed Hair||Phyto Hair Product|
|Smoothing Shampoo||Aromachologie Repairing|
Good Shampoo for Frizzy, Dry Curly Hair – Choosing
You definitely know that curly haired girls suffer the problem of having their hair feel dry and difficult to maintain. In addition, this type of hair easily forms tangles and becomes frizzy. It is not recommended that you wash your hair on a daily basis. (See: how to wash curly hair.) In addition to that, you need to use a good shampoo for frizzy curly hair, as well as other products meant for the exact type of curly hair you have. But how do you choose the perfect product for your hair care?
Below are the important tips you need to follow when selecting a sulfate free shampoo for curly hair from your drugstore.
- Going natural is always wise. There are many products out there and jumping onto the first one that is marketed might land you into problems. Whether you have long curly hair, or short curly styled hair, it is important to get something that will not be very harsh on it.
- Most products reviewed and rated as the best shampoo and conditioner for curly hair are commonly those that are sulfate-free. When shopping for one, ensure that you check the ingredients on the label to find out if there are any sulfates included in the product.
- Curly hair is definitely dry compared to other types of hair. Therefore, ensure that you buy a product that not only lathers well but also helps to keep moisture into your hair. Go for a shampoo that has a hydrating effect on your hair. One of the top rated products with these properties is Deva Curl No-Poo, which is known to be paraben free and sulfate free.
- If your hair gets frizzy all the time, then you need the best shampoo for frizzy curly hair. Some products are good for detangling entangled hair and can easily make it smooth and tamed. This will save you a lot of time using the flat iron for curly hair to style or straighten the wavy hair.
- Again on ingredients, ensure that you check the list. Just like it is with the best conditioner for wavy hair, ensure that the drugstore shampoo does not contain silicone and sulfates. Silicones are known to create a waxy buildup in the hair, which will make it undesirable.
What if you have fine hair? What type of hair product will be the most appropriate for you? Look for the best shampoo for fine curly hair. Most of those products that are capable of protecting the hair and increase volume are the most preferred here. TIGI is a brand that will enhance the curls and increase their volume, which is just perfect for fine curly hair.
TIGI brand also makes one of the best shampoo for thick curly hair. The product is called TiGi Bedhead Superstar Sulfate-free Shampoo for Thick Massive Hair and is commonly recommended for buying from drugstores. It is also a good pick for various types of curls, but mostly perfect for Type 3 curly hair. The brand is also one of the cheap shampoos for curly hair.
Best Sulfate Free Shampoo for Curly Hair
It is not just about looking for an anti-frizz shampoo product or brand. You also need to be careful when choosing a hair care product. Some of the products may prove to be very harsh to your already weakened and dry hair. Some people find it appropriate to use a dry shampoo for curly hair, but one of the most important things is to go for a product that is free of sulfates or such salts.
- Shea Moisture Organic
- L’Oreal EverStrong
- L’Oreal EverPure
- TIGI Bed Head Foxy Curls Frizz-Fighting Sulfate-Free
Apart from sulfate free products, you can also look at those products for getting rid of curly frizzy hair. One of the commonly recommended products that is anti-frizz is Alterna Bamboo Frizz Correction, which you can use before you set out to style long curly hair.
And do you have dandruff on your scalp? Well, yours is an even more special case. You need to get the best dandruff shampoo for curly hair. This type of shampoo will provide treatment for removing dandruff and keep your scalp and hair clean and healthy.
Best Dry Shampoo for Curly Hair
|Aveeno Pure Renewal||Alterna Dry|
|Prive Volumizing||Glo Therapeutics Re-Energizing Dry Shampoo|
|Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible||Eufora Touch Up Texturizing Dry|
|Sachajuan Volume Powder||Batiste Tropical|
|Philip B. Russian Amber Imperial||Psssssst Dry|
Best Shampoo for Curly Hair Men
Most men’s hair is thick and can be very unruly as well. Whether the guy is pro short hairstyles for curly hair or just goes for haircuts, it is important to use a good shampoo, especially one formulated for men. One of the things to consider when choosing the right shampoo for men is how it smells. You do not want, as a guy, to end up with a shampoo that has a feminine scent.
Always go for a product that is formulated for men. But is there really any product that is formulated for men? Mostly what we find are organix shampoos or organic shampoos, natural shampoos, sulfate-free hair products, anti-frizz brands and many other ranges. From these, it is easier to find the best shampoo for curly hair needs of every specific individual or hair type.