One of the most common myths about Remy hair is that it cannot be styled. This is far from being true. While there are plenty of hair myths out there, none are as prevalent as the one about Remy extensions. These are just five of my favorites. With these tips, you’ll be curled and straightening–no problems!
Can You Curl And Straighten Remy Hair Extensions
Yes, you can curl and straighten Remy hair extensions. After all, they are human hair extensions and will respond like any other type of human hair. However, it is important that you use the right tools and techniques to protect your investment.
Curls are beautiful but they can also be a bit tricky to maintain if you do not know what you are doing. If you want to achieve natural looking curls with Remy hair extensions, then follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Wash your Remy hair extensions and condition them properly before starting with the curling process. This will ensure that you get maximum body and bounce in your curls. Wash them twice with a good shampoo for curly hair or any other product that helps moisturize curly strands.
- Step 2: Use your fingers to comb out frizzy strands from the roots of your Remy hair extensions using a wide-toothed comb or brush depending on the thickness of your extensions. This will help keep frizz at bay as well as ensure that each strand is well separated from each other so that they do not stick together when you curl them up.
How to straighten hair extensions?
Whether you’re wearing your extensions straight or curly, you’ll need to know how to take care of them. Here’s how to straighten hair extensions:
- Use a flat iron on medium heat and glide it through the hair in one direction.
- Once all your hair is straightened, spritz some water on your hands and run them through your hair (or use a spray bottle).
- Blow-dry using a paddle brush. Don’t brush while dry! Brush after you’ve gotten some moisture into the hair and allow it to dry naturally for the most natural look possible (unless of course, you want an updo).
- Once dry, mist with spray shine and comb through with fingers for that sleek look.
Which is the best hair straightener for your extensions?
It is possible to straighten human hair extensions and leave them looking healthy and shiny. However, you need to make sure that you use an excellent product and follow the correct procedure.
There are many different types of hair straighteners available, so it helps to know which one is best suited for your needs.
Straightener or Curler?
The first decision that you need to make is whether you want a straightener or a curler. Both of these tools will give you long-lasting results but each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Straighteners come in two varieties: ceramic plates and flat irons with smooth surfaces. These tools are designed for use on dry hair and are used with heat from an electrical source. Ceramic plates are ideal for fine hair because they generate less heat than flat irons do, which can damage delicate strands by drying them out too much.
Ceramic plates work by heating up when plugged into a power source, then gently pressing down onto the surface of each section of hair as it passes over them during styling. The heat softens the cuticle layer of each strand so that it smoothes out easily
What are the different options available when it comes to straightening?
There are two types of straightening: thermal and chemical straightening. Thermal straightening uses heat to change the structure of the hair, while chemical straightening uses chemicals to change the structure of the hair. Both methods are effective, but they work in different ways and have different pros and cons.
· Thermal Straightening
Thermal straightening uses a flat iron or curling iron to change the structure of curly or kinky hair by applying heat directly to the hair shafts. This is done by passing each strand through a heated plate that has been coated with silicone oil or another lubricant. This process works by sealing off all moisture in the hair shafts and creating a protective layer around each strand.
As this layer forms, it seals off any moisture in each strand so that it cannot escape during future washing or styling sessions. The result is smooth, straight strands with no frizz or curl!
· Chemical Straightening
Chemical straighteners use keratin or other chemicals which bond with your natural protein structures to create a new permanent shape for your hair. The formula bonds with your own proteins (keratin) which have formed into bonds between each strand forming loops within loops.
Which is the right choice for you?
The two most popular methods for styling your extensions are curling and straightening.
The question is, which is the right choice for you?Curls are a great way to spice up your look and give yourself some extra volume at the same time. They can be created using just about any hair tool, from a curling iron or wand to a flat iron. Curls work well with all types of fiber and textures, but they tend to be more natural looking on straight hair. If you want a more polished look, then curls are probably not for you.
Straightening is a more controlled process that lasts longer than curls and leaves little room for error when it comes to styling your hair extensions. Straightening is best suited for curly or wavy extensions because it will help blend them into the rest of your hair seamlessly.
It also works great on fine strands that tend to frizz up when exposed to humidity or raindrops (think summer). The downside with straightening is that it takes longer than curling since you have to apply heat directly onto the fibers instead of wrapping them around a rod or wand like in curling
How to properly care for human hair extensions after straightening them?
- If you decide to use heat on your human hair extensions, it is important to know how to properly care for them after straightening.
- First, it is essential to wash the hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner. You should avoid using any products that contain alcohol or sulfates as they can dry out your extensions and cause them to lose their color over time.
- Next, use a styling product that is designed specifically for human hair extensions. Make sure that you comb through the extensions before applying any product in order to avoid tangles or knots.
- Finally, use a flat iron when straightening your extensions. If possible, let them air dry as this will help prevent excessive damage and breakage that occurs when you use heat on wet hair.