If you’re looking for a way to add length and volume to your hair, tape-in hair extensions are an affordable option. The tape keeps the extensions in place so they don’t come loose when you exercise or wash your hair. If you’re wondering whether tape-in extensions can withstand the stress of working out, the answer is yes. You just need to take some precautions.
What happens when youworkout with tape in hair extensions?
Tape in hair extensions are a really popular option for those who want to add length and volume to their hair. However, it’s not always easy to wear tape in extensions, especially if you’re a fitness enthusiast. How do you work out with tape in hair extensions?
Tape in hair extensions are great because they allow you to get long, thick hair quickly. They’re also great for people who don’t have time to go to the salon every few weeks for a fresh set of extensions.
- Your scalp might be irritated from the glue used on your scalp during installation
- You may experience headaches and migraines after exercising or running because of sweat getting into your eyes
- Your natural hair may become tangled with your extension strands, causing damage to both types of hair.
- If you are a fitness enthusiast, you must be wondering about the pros and cons of working out with tape in hair extensions.
Pros of Working Out With Tape In Hair Extensions:
- The first and foremost thing that comes to mind is that when it comes to exercising and training, there is no place for any apprehensions or worries. You need to be confident, strong and determined in order to achieve your goals. That said, if you have decided to work out, there will be no stopping you from achieving your body goals.
- Another benefit of working out with tape in hair extensions is that it is convenient. You don’t have to worry about your natural hair getting damaged during exercise or physical activity because all you need to do is put on your tape in extensions before heading out or going for a run or jog.
- Another advantage of this method is that it gives women with fine hair an opportunity to wear their own natural hair in a stylish way without sacrificing its health and beauty. However, if you want something more than just wearing your regular hair style during exercise sessions, then this method can help you achieve that as well!
Cons of working out with tape in hair extensions;
- The main con of working out with tape in hair extensions is the fact that you will have to take them out before you go for a workout. This can be a problem for those who like to work out often. If you are going to the gym or even just jogging, it is necessary that you take the tape out of your hair extensions so that they do not get damaged.
- Another con of working out with tape in hair extensions is that it can cause damage to your own hair. The tape has adhesive on it which sticks to your head and pulls at your own hair whenever you move around.
How to remove tape in hair extensions.
It’s important to know how to remove your tape-in extensions properly so that they can last longer and look great after their removal.
- Step 1: Soak the hair in hot water for 10 minutes
- Step 2: Take out each section of tape carefully by pulling them apart from the top of the strip. This will cause less damage than pulling from the ends if possible.
- Step 3: Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner after removing your tape-in extensions for best results.
Key takeaways for tape in hair extension wearers.
Can youworkout with tape in hair extensions? Yes, but be careful when lifting weights or doing any kind of high impact activity such as running, jogging and other cardio workouts.
How long can you wear tape in hair extensions? Tape in extensions last between 4-8 weeks depending on how well you take care of your extensions and how often you wash them. You can read more about how often to wash your tape in extensions here: How Often To Wash Your Hair Extensions
Will my tape in extensions come off if I work out? This depends on the type of workout you do and whether or not your hair is completely dry before working out. If it is, then most likely it won’t come off during exercise unless there’s an extreme amount of perspiration involved.
Can You WorkoutWith Tape In Hair Extensions?
Tape-ins are made of 100 percent human remy hair that’s bonded to your own hair with special adhesive. This process makes them easy to install and remove, unlike other types of extensions. Each extension has its own piece of adhesive that attaches it securely to your natural hair. The tape should stay in place even during strenuous physical activity, such as running or weight lifting.
As long as you follow proper care instructions for your tape-ins, they’ll last up to three months before needing replacement or repair. It’s important to keep them clean by washing them with shampoo and conditioner every two weeks and keeping them dry when not in use (and especially after showering). If you want to wear them while working out, make sure they’re completely dry before doing so.