If you are considering Invisalign to straighten your teeth, one of the most important questions you may have is “how much does Invisalign cost?”
The answer is not easy to give, as there are a variety of factors that can affect the price of your Invisalign treatment. These factors include the complexity of your case, the number of aligners you need, the length of your treatment, your insurance coverage, and more.
Knowing what these factors are and what they mean can help you better understand the cost of your Invisalign treatment and make an informed decision about whether the treatment is right for you.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic technique that uses a series of clear plastic aligners to
gradually realign your teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, these aligners are almost completely invisible.
Invisalign is mostly used to treat mild to moderate orthodontic issues. While it is not suitable for severe cases of misaligned teeth, it is a great option for most people who want to straighten their teeth without wearing traditional metal braces. Invisalign is available for adults and children alike. However, children usually use their aligners for a shorter period of time than adults do, partly because their teeth naturally grow more quickly.
How much does Invisalign cost in Albuquerque?
The cost of Invisalign depends on several factors, including the complexity of your case, the length of treatment, and your insurance coverage.
On average, the cost of Invisalign in Albuquerque is $3,500. The average cost of Invisalign for adults ranges between $3,000 and $7,000, while the average cost for adolescents may cost slightly less. The exact cost of your treatment will depend on your specific situation, so it’s important to get an accurate quote from your orthodontist.
Factors that influence the cost of Invisalign
- The type of orthodontic issue you are treating – The more severe your orthodontic issue, the more aligners you may need, and the higher the cost of Invisalign will be.
- The complexity of your case – If you have more than one specific issue that you are treating, or if your teeth are in very poor condition, you will likely need a longer treatment.
- The length of your treatment – Invisalign is almost always a longer-term treatment. The average length of treatment is around 18 months, but some people may need up to two years of treatment.
- The amount of money you have to spend on your treatment – While most health insurance plans cover some or all of the cost of Invisalign treatment, not everyone has coverage for orthodontic treatments.
Paying for Invisalign
Orthodontic treatments, including Invisalign, are a significant investment. If you don’t have health insurance coverage for orthodontic treatments, or if you prefer to pay for your treatment out of pocket, you may be wondering how to pay for Invisalign.
When it comes to paying for Invisalign, the first thing you should know is that you don’t have to pay for Invisalign all at once. Orthodontists accept payment plans, sometimes even with no interest. Most orthodontists will offer you a payment plan with a down payment and monthly installments that you can easily fit into your budget.
If you need assistance paying for Invisalign, your orthodontist can help you apply with a financing company that offers low-interest loans.
Treatment timeline for Invisalign
The average treatment length for Invisalign is between 12 and 18 months. The length of your treatment will depend on a variety of factors, including the severity of your orthodontic issue and the complexity of your case.
Some people may need to wear their aligners for longer than others, but if the issue is severe, Invisalign may not be a suitable option. If you are treating more than one issue, or if your teeth are in poor condition, you may need to wear your aligners for a longer period of time.
The length of your treatment will also determine how much Invisalign will cost you. If you only need a few aligners, the cost of your Invisalign treatment will be lower than if you need many aligners and a longer treatment period.
Benefits of Invisalign
Offers several benefits over traditional braces, including the following:
- Is almost completely invisible. Unlike braces, which are visible to everyone, Invisalign aligners are completely clear, so they aren’t noticeable by others.
- Convenience. Unlike braces that need to be removed for special occasions, Invisalign aligners can be worn anytime, anywhere, even while eating.
- Easy to clean. Unlike braces, which require special cleaning, Invisalign aligners can be easily cleaned with toothpaste and water.
- Won’t damage your teeth. Because Invisalign aligners don’t touch your teeth, they don’t put pressure on them, which helps prevent tooth damage.
- May be less expensive than traditional braces. Depending on your insurance coverage and the length of your treatment, Invisalign may be less expensive than traditional braces.
Invisalign in Albuquerque
Invisalign is a convenient, effective, and affordable orthodontic treatment. It’s important to note, however, that Invisalign is not a complete treatment on its own. It is critical to follow through with the recommended Invisalign treatment plan to ensure you get the desired results. The dental practice of Brian K. Dennis, DDS has built an excellent reputation as one of the best cosmetic dental practice’s over the past 30 years and serves the Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and Santa Fe, NM communities.