The medical industry has propelled forward and is now ready to offer us various services, including hair transplant and hair restoration. Indeed the industry is showing its utmost care to what is sometimes labeled as the crown we always wear. People take care of their hair and style it however they want as a form of self-expression. Thinning and balding is not a disease but rather a natural condition made possible by multiple variables. As people start to age accompanied by hormones and aging, they start experiencing their hair getting thinner. Almost everyone starts to notice their hair thinning as they grow older. Some people are fine with it. However, some take extra actions in taking care of their hair and ensure their hair is intact. Losing hair has been a common problem, and now, science has offered a solution.
In choosing their Irvine hair transplant services, of course, people opt for the best and the one that will need their needs. It’s only fitting that people hold a certain standard, especially if it’s for taking care of their hair needs. Not only that, assessing the company or hospital should be beneficial in the long run as it leaves you with no regrets. It would be helpful for a customer to have a list of qualities they want their hair transplant company or clinic to possess. It could be good to hold a certain level of standard in terms of their skill and work ethic.
What to look for in an Irvine Hair Transplant Service
People have their own set of expectations before and upon receiving a particular service. It would be helpful for you to set a list of things you want to look for in finding and choosing your trusted Irvine hair transplant service.
- Ask for details about the medical center you are eyeing – It’s helpful to know how they treat their patients and their legitimacy. When you came across the clinic online, it would be of your advantage to check the address.
- Know your doctor – As important as the process, knowing your doctor is one step for you to ensure you are in good hands. It would be helpful to make sure about the information in his CV and make sure their license is legit. This process is necessary and has something to do with safety, so it’s best to find a reliable doctor. As a customer, you are entitled to know who will handle you as a patient and make sure they are reliable and good at their job.
- Look at their previous works/operations – This can guide your decision and how you want your process to be done. Looking at pictures will also help you determine the level of skill and expertise the doctor has. This is to make sure that problems have not occurred to their past patients and that you are safe in their hands. Sometimes, photos clinics present are not their actual patients but are there for marketing purposes. You can always ask them if there are actually past patients of the clinic to make sure.
- Ask friends and families – Members of your families might already have experienced having hair transplants or so. It would be a good idea to talk to them about their experiences in hair transplant and other hair services. You can ask for recommendations from a trusted friend or family member. Understandably, there is no one doctor for everybody, but you might share preferences, and you could end up choosing someone that matches all your qualifications.
- Ask about the plans they have for you – Planning is a critical point in your hair transplantation journey. It’s beneficial for you to ask for their treatment plans to give you the accurate result you want. An important point to know is how many grafts can be taken in correlation with the donor. Consider the frontal area, central area, hairline, and the number of grafts that can be planted on the crown in accordance with the doctor’s plan per centimeter squared. These are to assume that the other party allows for disclosure of specific details. Nevertheless, a simple calculation with disclosable information would be helpful.
- Reviews – In the growing digital world, reviews and honest comments in the clinic or doctor’s profiles and pages are not useless. It will be a great help for you to scan some of them (preferably the legit ones). While it’s hard to determine which ones are really true, it’s still helpful to read and assess some of them. There may be others that include photos and some reviews you find sincere and trustworthy.
- Method to be used – There are two hair collection methods accepted in the field and the world: Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) or Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation (FUT). It pays to assess, compare and contrast the two methods to find out what could suit your needs, of course, with the guidance of professional help. It might be helpful to ask about pain levels since hair transplantation is not a painless process. The experts can provide general comparisons so you can visualize how you would take it with your level of pain tolerance.
Note the importance of research as you plan and set forth in your new journey– your hair transplantation. It pays to have prior knowledge so that you can be objective in choosing your Irvine hair transplant clinic and medical practitioner. By researching, you will come to know more about your situation and more about the treatment you are planning to get—for example, basic knowledge of the equipment necessary for the operation.
Having prior knowledge will help in having a more informed decision. Researching the web does not only mean facing a computer screen finding answers. Research is also interviews or casual talks with former patients. Contacting consumer organizations focusing on screening hair transplant surgeons. All in all, it’s beneficial to evaluate yourself, your wants, your preferences, and your holistic state when choosing your Irvine hair transplant clinic.