A hair dye brush is a simple tool that many people don’t realize they need until they go to dye their hair. This article will provide you with ideas of what can be used as a hair dye brush.
- Brushes are not necessary, but they make the process easier
- The bristles on a brush trap the color in your hair, which means that less product is wasted and more color gets into your hair
- If you are using a bleaching kit (which we recommend), it is best to use a brush with nylon bristles because they do not melt like boar bristle brushes
What Can I Use As A Hair Dye Brush?
There are a lot of different options for brushes that you can use to dye your hair. If you don’t have a brush, you can use a comb, or even just your hands.
The most important thing is that the brush should be clean and dry. A brush that has been used for other purposes, such as painting or cleaning, should not be used on your hair. If you’re using a brush from someone else’s kit, make sure that it’s clean and in good condition.
Here are some of the things that people have used as dye brushes:
- An old toothbrush – This can work very well if it has no bristles left on it and is completely clean. It’s also very cheap!
- A paint brush – You could try using an old paint brush if you don’t mind the colour being transferred onto your hair. Make sure that the paint isn’t wet if possible though!
- A comb – Combs don’t tend to work too well with hair dye because they tend to absorb more liquid than they transfer onto the hair (this is especially true of wooden combs). They are easy to find though so if you don’t mind risking ruining your favorite comb then go ahead!
1. Tint Brush
It’s the brush that comes with your hair dye kit. The bristles are usually made from nylon or plastic and are designed to spread the color evenly on your hair. It’s also used to smooth the color once applied.
2. Rouge Brush
A rouge brush is similar to a tint brush but it has shorter bristles and a smaller handle. Rouges are used for applying blush on your face and eyeshadow on your eyelids. They can also be used to apply makeup products like foundation, lipstick and concealer. Rouges come in different sizes depending on what you plan to use them for but they are typically small enough to fit in your handbag if you want to take one with you when travelling or going out at night.
3. Lip Brush With A Handle
If you like wearing lip gloss or lipsticks, then you will need a lip brush with a handle so that you can apply it correctly without messing up your face! Lip brushes are usually made from synthetic fibers or animal hair (usually squirrel) so that they don’t irritate your lips when using them regularly (especially if they’re not meant for daily wear).
4. Mascara Wand
You can use a mascara wand as a brush for your hair dye. This is especially useful if you have short hair, or if you don’t want to spend money on a brush.
5. Cotton Swabs
Cotton swabs are great for applying hair dye, especially if you have thinning or fine hair. They’ll help you get into nooks and crannies where your fingers can’t reach.
6. Plastic Straws
Plastic straws work great for applying hair dye in small spaces, like around your ears and in the back of your neck. They’re also cheap and disposable, so you won’t have to worry about cleaning them later on down the road!
7. Rat Tail Comb
There are many different types of brushes you can use to dye your hair, but the most important thing is to choose one that is the right size for your head. If you have short hair or are only coloring a small part of your head, then you will probably be able to use any type of hair brush or comb.
- However, if you have long hair or want to cover more area on your head, then it is best to use a rat tail comb instead.
- A rat tail comb has many uses in personal grooming and can be found at most drug stores and beauty supply stores. The teeth on this type of brush are very fine and close together so they will pick up more color than other types of brushes or combs when using a dye kit.
- You should always clean your brush before using it for coloring purposes. This will help prevent any possible allergic reactions from occurring when applying the dye solution onto your scalp.
8. Foundation Brush
A foundation brush can be used as an alternative to a hair dye brush. The foundation brush is a round, flat brush with synthetic fibers that has a small head. It can be used to apply makeup around the eyes and nose area. This is an inexpensive alternative to a mascara wand and can be found at any drugstore or beauty supply store.