Best African American Hair Products – For Care, Thickening, Curling and Babies
Best African American Hair Products to try are listed below. Find out about hair growth, how to take care of African American hair for adults and for your baby; and how thickening of hair can be achieved. We also get to give great tips for curly haired women.
African American Hair Growth Products
There are various products that can be used to give your hair that extra bounce that comes with a full healthy head of hair. Accelerated hair growth can be achieved when good care is given to the hair.
It starts with coming up with a hair regimen that you follow to the letter. This regimen should include regular oil treatments like jojoba oil, rosemary oil, coconut oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil and plenty of other essential oils.
The treatments you give your hair should also be well thought of. Choose a treatment according to the condition you hair is in. One other key element is shampooing. Shampoo only when necessary. Choose the right shampoo and make sure you condition your hair after shampooing.
The shampoos below are known to work well with African American hair. Most reviewers have termed each of these products as one of the best African American hair products:
- Lucence’s Moisture Benefits Shampoo
- Hydratherma Naturals Moisture Boosting Shampoo
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Ultimate Conditioning Shampoo
Best Hair Care Products for African American Hair
Below are some of the best hair care products for African American Hair:
Moisturizers: Moroccan oil, Original Moxie Oasis Moisture Gel, Quidad Curl quencher Moisturizing Gel.
Shampoos: Crème of Nature Argan Oil Moisture and Shine Shampoo; Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo; Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Shampoo.
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Honey Butter Leave-in conditioner; Koils by Nature Leave-in Conditioner; Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoil All Natural conditioner.
Natural Hair Products for African American Hair
There are plenty of natural hair products for African American hair. Some of the products are homemade and contain natural and organic ingredients. Others may help you grown your black hair fast, such as shampoos and conditioners that can accelerate hair growth, thicken hair and add a shine to it. All the products discussed here will be homemade hair products for African American hair. You do not necessarily need to spend so much money just to get that healthy head of hair. Here’s how.
Treatments: It is very essential to regularly treat your hair since it helps provide the needed nutrients and essential oils needed for hair growth for black women.
- First we recommend the coconut milk treatment. This works wonders for your hair since coconut milk adds essential fatty acids and proteins to your hair. These are necessary as they make the hair stronger and healthier. To prepare this treatment you just need a tablespoon of honey, 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 mashed avocado all mixed up.
- Banana treatment – Bananas are known to contain vitamins and essential oils that are great for strengthening hair. All you need is to blend a mixture of 1 banana, 1 egg, 5 tablespoons of olive oil and a tablespoon of milk.
- Honey treatment – Honey is known for its numerous health benefits. In regard to hair, it is essential for moisturizing hair. All you need is a mixture of a half cup of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Conditioners: We all need the buy one get one free notion. The beauty with the above treatments is that they also double as conditioners. So you get two for one.
Shampoos: Shampooing is one of the things that we tend to take for granted in hair care. However it is very essential since if we do not remove the grime from our hair, it could lead to hair breakage, tinting of the hair among other undesirable effects. Choosing the right shampoo is therefore key. Going natural is also a very cheap and satisfactory option. We discuss tow options of homemade shampoos for black women.
- Baking soda and egg yolk: Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with 3 egg yolks.
- Eggs, lemon juice, honey and olive oil: Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 eggs, 3 drops of olive oil 1 and tablespoon of honey.
African American Baby Hair Products
Caring for our babies hair should be done with extreme care. We talk about the various African American baby hair products. There are numerous African American hair products for kids, we focus on some of the good ones.
Most of the black kids have curly and sometimes coarse hair. We should therefore take precaution when washing it to avoid tangling it. It is advisable to use mild shampoo to clean their hair. Depending on how curly the hair is, you can choose to wash the hair once or twice a week. The curlier the hair is, the oily it tends to be and the more you need to wash it.
It is essential to moisturize the baby’s hair once a week to keep it healthy. I would advise you use natural moisturizers like the ones we have listed above or oils like olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil and rosemary oil. Make sure that you never comb the baby’s hair when it is dry. Slightly moisturize with these oils first to avoid breakage, discomfort and pain for the baby.
African American Hair Color Products
Dyeing hair is no mean feat. If not done well, it could lead to immense hair loss. Today we focus on some of the best African American hair color products. Depending on what you like, you choose permanent or temporary hair color.
Permanent Hair Color Products: Dark and Lovely Permanent Hair Color; Dark and Lovely Color Confidence
Semi-permanent hair color: Dark and Lovely Reviving Color
Always make sure that you deep condition after applying any hair dye. To keep the color for longer, avoid sulfate shampoos as they strip out the color from the hair. Again, you will need to do some shopping and reviewing to find the best African American hair products in the shampoo category.
Hair Thickening Products for African American Hair
Hair thickening products for African American hair are in plenty. You can use the natural, homemade products discussed above for a thicker head of hair. In addition to that, you could use the following products:
- Shea Moisture Yucca and Aloe Thickening Growth Milk
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Biotin supplements
Curly hair needs extra care when handling to avoid tangling and hair loss. Below are some of the top African American curly hair products:
- Quidad Curl quencher Moisturizing Gel
- Curly hair solutions Curl Keeper
- Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Curl Crème Lite
- Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue
- Curl Junkie Honey Butta Leave-in conditioner
- Curls Unleashed Curl Defining Crème
To keep those curls, here are a few tips.
- Avoid applying the products to dry hair
- Always keep the hair moisturized
- Avoid too much heat on the hair, let it air dry
- Use the good quality products.
Whether you are looking for shampoo, or looking for a conditioner or whatever product it is, taking your time to get the best African American hair products is important in order to give your hair the attention it needs. Hopefully, the care products listed above, whether for thickening, curling, for wavy hair, for babies or even coloring, the drugstore near you will always have something that you can use to keep your mane healthy and shiny.