Deep conditioner treatment is good for black hair, curly and natural hair and damaged hair. Here’s how to make the best homemade deep conditioner for damaged hair, natural hair and curly hair, black hair and for moisturizing dry hair using ingredients such as coconut oil, mayonnaise, yogurt, bananas and honey.
Any woman who is keen about how she looks should have a hair care routine. Making use of natural ingredients in their regimen helps reduce damage caused by chemically produced products. Every woman should therefore learn how to make the best homemade deep conditioner appropriate for their hair. Homemade hair deep conditioner for curly, black, damaged and dry hair should all be at their fingertips for use when needed. Below we show you how to make all these and more.
Best Homemade Deep Conditioner
The best DIY deep conditioner should be capable of restoring any lost hair qualities. It is not to be used daily but its effect should last a little longer.
Mayonnaise, Yoghurt and Egg Deep condition
It is usually normal to use these three main ingredients as stand-alone deep conditioners. However, if you use all three together, you reap all their benefits. This three in one deep conditioner may appear disgusting and feel too slimy but the results will work on the hair and take care of various issues to leave it looking great.
To use this you will need ½ a cup of yoghurt, ½ a cup of mayonnaise and one egg from which to retrieve the egg white.
- This recipe requires no more than whipping all ingredients in a bowl and you are good to condition.
- Lather the mixture on hair. Give attention to the ends where hair is likely to be most damaged. Ensure all strands are properly coated.
- Cover hair with a plastic cap and let it sit in for at least 30 minutes. Since the conditioner is likely to drip, tuck cotton balls around the cap’s edges or wrap head with a wet towel.
- Rinse the hair well with luke-warm water. Avoid hot water as this will make hair soggy.
Homemade Deep Conditioner for Damaged Hair
Damaged hair requires a deep conditioner that will help restore its health. It should restore hair oil and shine and also repair weak hair. Below are homemade conditioners that will do exactly that.
This has the ability of getting rid of split ends and leaving hair feeling thick and beautiful. It helps restore the hair’s health and is a great deep cleansing conditioner for damaged hair.
To make this, you will need a ½ a cup of Shea butter, the same amount of olive oil and one teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
- Heat Shea butter until it turns liquid.
- Add olive oil and leave it to cool. Do not leave it to completely set.
- Add the Vitamin E oil and whip the mixture until it becomes consistent.
- Apply this mixture on hair sparingly, as it tends to be heavy, cover and leave it in for 30minutes.
- Rinse off the hair.
Homemade Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair
When one decides to go natural, using natural hair care products helps to keep the hair having the least chemical interruptions from chemically processed products. The conditioner for natural hair given below helps achieve this.
Bananas, honey, glycerin, olive oil
This natural at-home deep conditioner hair mask is best for improving the manageability of natural hair. Of all ingredients, the banana is most important as it is responsible for minimizing shrinkage and softening the hair. The honey and glycerin are both humectants while olive oil has the ability to penetrate the scalp to enhance moisturizing of the hair. This conditioner is best for natural hair that wants to achieve better stretched styles.
To make this you need one over ripe banana, two tablespoons pure vegetable glycerin and four tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- These should then be thoroughly blended until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Apply on hair, cover with shower cap and let it rest for at least half an hour
- Rinse hair well, detangle and style.
Honey and coconut oil
This helps to strengthen damaged hair and is most appropriate for natural hair that doesn’t go well with industrial protein treatments. Coconut oil helps to bind hair thus reducing the loss of keratin. Honey which is a humectant plays a role in moisture retention. This combination gives both moisture and strength.
To prepare this you need four tablespoons extra virgin oil and two tablespoons pure honey.
- Mix the two and put them in a vessel.
- Dip the vessel in a bowl of hot water. Leave it until mixture gets warm.
- Pour the mixture on damp but not dripping wet hair.
- Wear a shower cap and wrap hair with a hot towel.
- Leave it in for 20minutes and rinse it out.
Homemade Deep Conditioner for Dry Hair
Dry hair needs a conditioner that will restore its moisture and shine. Try this homemade deep conditioner for dry hair to restore the shine
Avocado deep conditioner
Since these are rich in fats, they will leave your hair with an extra shine, increase manageability and make hair airy and light.
You will need one avocado and two tablespoons of each of the following; olive oil, cream and water
- Mix all ingredients.
- Comb it through hair and cover with a shower cap.
- Let it rest in for about 20 minutes to enhance its penetration into the follicles.
- Rinse hair thoroughly well using tepid water to ensure you get rid of the avocado smell.
This is yet another great deep conditioner for dry hair. Since it is a humectant, it helps seal in moisture thus restoring the hair’s health.
To prepare this, you will need half a cup pure organic honey and four tablespoons light olive oil,
- Mix the ingredients until they are fully integrated.
- Massage mixture into hair until evenly covered.
- Leave the conditioner in for an hour.
- Shampoo and rinse hair thoroughly.
Homemade Deep Conditioner for Black Hair
Black hair normally requires a lot of special treatment to prevent it from tangling and drying up too much. Try this conditioner for black hair given below for superb results.
Coconut milk conditioner
This is different from coconut oil conditioner as the main ingredient is coconut milk.
- To make this, you need one avocado, one cup coconut milk and two teaspoons of coconut oil
- Mix ingredients until a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Work the conditioner through hair and leave it in for 30minutes.
- Rinse off the conditioner thoroughly.
Coconut oil conditioner
This is perfect for black hair as it gives it a shine and makes it soft.
To make this you will need a cupful of water, one egg yolk, and four tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Whisk egg yolk until frothy
- Add coconut oil and continue whisking.
- Add water and mix all until smooth.
- Apply conditioner on hair and scalp.
- Rinse hair with cool water
Homemade Deep Conditioner for Curly Hair
A homemade deep conditioner for curly hair should reduce frizz and help to detangle hair. The recipe given below will help enhance that.
Avocado, Shea butter, olive oil and apple cider vinegar conditioner
This is most appropriate for tangled hair as it helps in detangling. It lubricates thick and heavy hair making it well moisturized for detangling. The acidity in apple cider vinegar flattens the hair cuticles for ease in detangling.
To make this you need one overripe avocado, quarter cup extra virgin olive oil, half a cup unrefined Shea butter and three tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- Blend all ingredients together until consistent.
- Apply on hair ensuring all strands are well covered.
- Cover with shower cap for 30minutes, detangle rinse and style.
Homemade Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
For extra moisture in your hair, one should use a homemade moisturizing deep conditioner. These should have an oily substance as the main ingredient. Avocado and coconut oil based conditioners are great examples. Hot oil treatments are another great treatment for the purposes of moisturizing the hair.
While the recipes given above have given amounts, these are not cast in stone. One can vary the amounts depending on their hair and its needs.