Using a homemade wrinkle cream is a cheaper alternative to expensive anti-wrinkle creams, lotions and moisturizers. Here’s a guide on how to make your own natural DIY wrinkle cream with simple ingredients for getting rid of wrinkles under eyes, face wrinkles and lip lines.
Face wrinkles, eye wrinkles and fine lines around eyes, also called crow’s feet can give away your age even when you are still young. But most of the times, some anti-aging creams do not help to remove wrinkles around the mouth, face and even hands. What if you tried a homemade anti-aging cream from natural ingredients? Can it fix wrinkles such as forehead wrinkles or deep furrows? Let’s find out.
Homemade Wrinkle Cream That Works
Do DIY anti-wrinkle creams even work? What are the reviews and before and after results pictures for plumping and smoothing out wrinkles show any positives? Our readers often write to us asking us for recommendations for a homemade wrinkle cream that works and here is one email sent to us just yesterday via email.
“I am 57 years old and age has recently caught up with me. I have these wrinkles that are most notable on my face and neck. My friend recommends using a natural homemade anti-wrinkle cream as opposed to a commercial cream. Is there any natural homemade anti-wrinkle cream that you particularly recommend?” Judy
There are way too many commercial wrinkle cream products out there today, and quite as many natural homemade wrinkle cream alternatives. As for the part on whether the homemade varieties work, the answer is yes, there are many natural homemade anti-wrinkle creams that are not only a cheaper option, but also very effective.
One natural anti-wrinkle cream that we particularly like is the one made from honey, green tea, eggs, and lemon juice which is discussed in more details in another section of this article.
Best Homemade Wrinkle Cream
A quick search online using Google or your favorite search engine will bring you dozens if not hundreds of homemade anti-wrinkle creams which often leads to the question, “What is the best homemade wrinkle cream?”
While the effectiveness of each cream may vary from one person to another, you will want to look for a recipe with at least one of the following ingredients:
- Tea: It’s rich in polyphenol antioxidants; neutralizes free radicals on the skin. Its natural astringent properties also help to tighten the skin.
- Rosehip oil: It helps to regenerate skin cells and increase production of collagen. It also helps to tighten and brighten the skin.
- Vitamin E: Helps to firm the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Honey: Honey is a natural astringent that helps to tighten the skin and restore its elasticity
Homemade Wrinkle Cream Recipe
The ageing process has significant impact on the skin. It makes the skin lose its elasticity, thin out, look drier, and eventually develop wrinkles starting with fine lines. Are there recipes for making anti-aging creams for under eye wrinkles?
We sought to find out an all-natural homemade anti-wrinkle cream recipe. Now, go get the following ingredients, reward yourself by grabbing a cup of coffee, and then meet us in the next section of the article where we’ll walk you through the instructions of preparing your own homemade wrinkle cream recipe for fixing face wrinkles and under eye wrinkles:
- 1 egg
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Green Tea Powder
DIY Wrinkle Cream with Green Tea
I am, personally, a huge fan of DIY stuff and there is now way we could have finished this article without listing at least one DIY wrinkle cream. It is an easy anti-wrinkle home treatment or natural cream.
There is also no way we could have left green tea natural wrinkle cream out. This is a type of tea made from high-quality Japanese tea leaves. It is popularly used in Japanese tea ceremonies.
Green tea has been shown to be rich in antioxidants (polyphenols) which help to not only ensure smooth complexion but also reverse the harmful effects of free radicals in the skin, notable among them being the formation of wrinkles.
Now, let’s jump right into the process of making this DIY wrinkle cream, assuming that you have gathered the ingredients we listed in the previous section of the article:
- Break the egg in a small basin or bowl
- Add 3 teaspoons of green tea followed by 3 drops of lemon juice
- Stir the mixture with a spoon until well blended
- Add your honey gradually until your mixture forms a thick paste
- Using your fingers, apply the cream apply the cream gently on your face, except for the area beneath your eyelids to avoid irritation. Make sure that your face is clean before applying this homemade cream; ideally start by cleansing it with a mild soap.
- Allow the cream to set in for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water
- Follow it up with a moisturizing cream
- Repeat this process 1-2 times daily for one week to get rid of face wrinkles, fine lines around eyes and other types of wrinkles
Some proponents of green tea DIY wrinkle creams such as this one claim that they protect the skin from sun damage, but you should nevertheless not forget to wear sunscreen while going outdoors since photo-ageing is one of the most common culprits for wrinkles.
If you want, you can prepare a larger amount of the cream and then store it in your refrigerator for subsequent uses.
Homemade Anti Wrinkle Face Cream – Honey + Cocoa Butter
Face creams are in plenty, but did you know that you can make your own homemade anti-wrinkle face cream? With cocoa butter and honey, it is easy to remove fine lines and smooth out forehead lines and wrinkles around the mouth with this recipe. Here is yet another simple-to-prepare homemade cream that will help to reduce wrinkles on face:
- Cocoa butter
- Organic honey
- Sesame oil
- Apricot oil
Steps: How to Make Homemade Wrinkle Cream for Forehead Wrinkles etc.
- Add 1 tbsp cocoa butter, ½ tbsp organic honey, 2 drops sesame oil, and 2 drops apricot oil in a small bowl
- Stir thoroughly to make a well-blended paste.
- Apply the paste on the face and leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it of with cold water
- Repeat this everyday in the morning and evening for 1 week
Homemade Eye Wrinkle Cream
Wrinkles under eyes, or eye wrinkles can be crow’s feet or just deep wrinkles around eyes that make you look old. But how can you get rid of eye wrinkles with an eye wrinkle cream made by yourself? What ingredients should you use for a homemade anti-wrinkle cream for eyes?
The area around the eyes is one of the areas where wrinkles tend to appear. This home made eye wrinkle cream (courtesy of primarilyinspired.com) may however help to reverse.
- 1/4 cup green tea
- 1 tsp. emulsifying wax
- 3 drop lavender Essential Oil
- 1/4 tsp. citric acid
- 1 tbsp. rosehip seed oil
- 1 tbsp. sweet almond oil
- 1/4 tsp. vitamin E
- Steep the green tea in a cup of boiling water for 5 minutes and then strain out the tea leaves
- Mix the green tea with citric acid in a glass bowl
- Mix, rosehip oil, vitamin E, sweet almond oil and wax in another glass bowl
- Place each of the two bowls in a saucepan half-full with water
- Heat the two saucepans until the wax in the second bowl has fully melted
- Mix the contents of the two bowls when temperature is just about the same. Pour the green tea-mixture into the rosehip oil-mixture and not vice versa. Stir or mix your mixture thoroughly with a hand held blender to make a fine cream.
- Use a blender to mix the cream in cycles of 10 minutes until the water is not separating at the bottom of the mixture. This may take a total time of between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Finally, pour in lavender oil and sweet almond oil.
To use this homemade anti-wrinkle cream for face, simply dab a small amount gently around your eyes in the morning and evening. Feel free to use the cream on any other area of your face as well.