Curly hairstyles for men can be the best choice when you want something casual yet outstanding. In this article, find out the best hairstyles for men with curly hair, styling tips on long and short hair, haircuts and best do’s for black men.
Naturally curled hair can prove difficult to style, especially if you have no clue on how to go about it. Similarly, people who want to change their type of hair from straight to curlicious may find it difficult choosing the best style. More specifically, knowing the best styles for men or best styling tips for men with curly hair naturally can help you determine what looks good on you and what does not.
Below, you will see the best and top rated or recommended styling tips and suggestions of styles that you can try. Some of the hairstyles are good for black men with curled hair. Others may only work for guys who have had their straight hair curled.
How to Style Curly Hair for Men
Men who have this type of hair can find it difficult to style it because it sometimes proves to be stubborn. There are various simple ways on how to keep it in good shape and form. You could shave it off, cut it close or just keep it short. But these may not be the best ways especially if you want to keep it long or trendy.
Here are tips on how to do some styling to your curling hair if you are a man.
- You can comb it to make it lie straight back. This is a good one for men who are of middle ages.
- Allow it to grow longer and take the natural waves. However, you will need to keep it in good shape with regular cuts from your stylist.
- Choose your styling products carefully. Buy a pomade and use it to keep the strands in place. If you have the problem of stubborn curls that keep on furling, use a straightening cream on it. You will also need to get an oil conditioner to help keep the hairs in good shape.
- Always de-tangle with your fingers, or use a good comb with wide apart teeth.
- Do not rub your hair vigorously using a towel as this will cause frizz. Gently squeeze out any unwanted moisture using an old cotton t-shirt.
Best Hairstyles for Men with Curly Hair
Whether you want to make your hair have curls or you already have a naturally curled one, the following styles are some of the trendiest and best to try for different and suitable looks.
- Massive Curls: These are good for slightly long and thick hair. You can make tight curls with it but ensure that you use an anti-frizz serum to keep it in good condition. (see photo)
- The curly Koran hairstyle: This one is the most appropriate for boys. It distinguishes itself with longer curls at the front. You will find it appropriate for short hair, but it can be a good long curly hair style for men and boys. With this style, you will look like an emo and feel trendy. (see photo)
- Rough loose curls are also great, especially if you have black hair. They will give you a messy look that at the same time remains very trendy. If your hair is naturally curled and a bit long, you can apply some cuts to it to keep it in shape while not interfering with the trend. (see photo)
- Haircuts for men with curly hair are also considered as a trending or fashionable thing. Apply rough but loose curls on the upper part of your head while combing the sides towards the neck neatly. This will give you a smart yet stylish result. (see photo)
- The back and sides style: If you have a sizable mane, clipper it and cut it short making it close to the head. However, leave the top a bit longer to get naturally kinky look. This is a good style if you have natural wavy hair, a round face, heart shaped face, triangular face or oval face. (see photo)
You can try all these whether you are a black man or a dark skinned individual or white. See more photos below of the best men’s long curly hairstyles below. Choose appropriately as some are good for short hair while others are haircuts. You will also find great curly hairstyles for men with long hair.