In this article, we are going to look at how you can use the HGH injection to improve your height, as well look at the type of results that you can expect.
According to Dr. Seuss, a children’s author, an individual is an individual, regardless of how small they appear to be. But, given the fact that the society has the tendency to admire individuals who are taller as compared to shorter people, no matter how old you get, both children and adults are always looking for new and better ways to improve their overall height.
As such, you will find that there are those who choose to use synthetic hormones such as HGH, while there are those that will opt for more complicated methods e.g. lengthening surgeries.
Do growth hormones increase height?
Before we look at whether these kinds of hormones can assist you increase your height, there is a need to first establish what is HGH. The acronym stands for human growth hormones. In the human body, it is produced by the pituitary gland, which is located in your body. Additionally, it is responsible for determining how tall a person becomes from the moment they are children to when they become adults.
Upon becoming an adult, the hormone becomes in charge of:
- maintaining your organ and cellular functions, as well as the production of muscles and bones.
- HGH also stimulates your immune system, while ensuring that your body will also get additional benefits
Can you take growth hormones to grow taller?
On production, HGH mainly works in 2 kinds of cycles:
- This hormone gets secreted by your pituitary gland. Secretion occurs in pulses, which tend to increase when a person is sleeping.
This the direct cycle. Here, you will find that your hormone receptors will start binding themselves to the target cells. When binding occurs, it assists in increasing the growth of bones, and in ensuring that cell function is maintained as well.
- In the indirect cycle, this is where most of the HGH produced by your body is seen to have an effect. Your liver will convert this hormone into IGF-1(insulin-like Growth Factor Type 1). IGF-1 is a vital growth factor that can be measured in your bloodstream. Normally, you will find that it has an effect on the cells that target growth, as well as the typical organ and cell function.
HGH injections for height in adults – Growth hormone injection age limit
there are adults who have a deficiency of HGH in their bodies. For some, they experience this particular disorder immediately they are born, while for some cases, the deficiency can be caused by radiation treatment and brain tumors arising from having different kinds of cancer. These are cancers and brain tumors, which primarily affect the growth hormone, thereby resulting in a deficiency of this really important hormone in the body.
For adults, there are certain conditions that they may need to be aware of:
- Those suffering from short bowel syndrome may lack nutrients in their bodies, and this could result in extremely lower HGH levels
- Adults with HIV/AIDS could have their muscles wasted, and this would ultimately lead to the same effect.
If you are an adult who suffers from HGH deficiency, you may have to experience symptoms that include:
- Increased body fat
- Lack of concentration
- Energy and memory loss
- Reduced sex drive and strength
- Baldness in men
- Greater risk of getting disorders like heart diseases
According to latest studies, as the body starts to age, the total amount of HGH produced by the body starts to decline in a significant manner. Some studies have shown that the amount of HGH produced by the body can decline by as much as twenty-five percent by the time a person is in his fifties. From past studies, sufficient evidence has been collected, which shows that people with low HGH levels may start to demonstrate health and physical problems that have always been associated with aging e.g.
- Emergence of wrinkled and sagging skin
- Reduced muscle tone
- Weight gain
- Increased vulnerability to conditions e.g. diabetes, depression, and heart disease
- Lack of sex drive and energy
Growth hormone injections for height in kids
Before looking at the growth hormone injections for height in kids, we should look at some fast facts about this type of treatment. They include:
- According to the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburg, the GHI treatment is mainly prescribed for kids that have been diagnosed with GH (growth hormone) deficiency. It can also be prescribed for additional conditions that could lead to short stature.
- Before this treatment can be prescribed, there are certain tests that needs to be conducted in order to confirm whether a child is suffering from turner syndrome of GH deficiency. Such tests can include x-ray’s, simulation tests, and MRIs.
- This kind of treatment has in the past been known to have a few side-effects.
- The treatment is safe and is an effective way to assist people who are dealing with turner syndrome as well as growth hormone deficiency.
How Does Growth in Children Work?
For your child to start developing, there is a gland located deep inside the kid’s brain known as the pituitary gland. This gland is in charge of releasing the growth hormones needed for a child to start developing. Normally, you will find that there exist many factors, which could influence the release of this hormone e.g.
- Blood sugar levels
- Additional hormones that are found in a developing child
In case the child’s body is unable to release or produce enough hormones, you will find that your child may start exhibiting certain symptoms, with the most notable ones being reduced growth as well being unable to develop any facial hair.
Even though being unable to grow does not have an effect on the intelligence of your child, it could bring about self-esteem issues, which may ultimately reduce the child’s ability to develop proper social skills needed to cope in the outer world. In such a case, you will find a doctor prescribing this treatment to assist the kid reach full growth abilities—both in terms of personal development as well as in height.
How Does Treatment for the Child Work?
Immediately your child gets diagnosed with any condition that can be treated with GHI, the endocrinologist will embark on informing you the advantages and disadvantages of this particular treatment, before finally recommending that your child be placed on it.
Even though the treatment is manufactured in an artificial laboratory, it is designed to be safe and effective, and is similar to the one that is produced in your pituitary gland. It is administered through the subcutaneous injection, meaning that it will go to the fatty tissues that are located beneath the skin surface. In some cases, it can be administered using special devices that look like pens. Given the fact that the injection is shallow, it means that it will not hurt a lot, and in some cases, the child will only experience a small pinch.
What to look forward for in this treatment
The primary thing that you can expect from this treatment is growth. In some cases, it may take between three and six months for them to realize any growth differences. But, the most important factor will be that your kid will start to develop—in some cases for between one and two inches especially within the first six months after the child has started using this treatment. In some cases, the following will be some of the first things that you begin to notice:
- Your kid could start developing out of their shoes very quickly. Foot development could occur within the first six to eight weeks, as such you may start buying new shoes at a very fast rate
- Kids could start eating more than before. It is common to notice an increase in their appetite. This is more so if the child had a very poor appetite prior to beginning their treatment
- Kids could start looking skinnier for a few weeks after they have started the GH injections.
As a parent, you need to realize that your child may take a few years after they have started this treatment for them to reach their full adult height. There is therefore a need for you to realize that growth hormone injection are a long-term commitment. You will need to make routine visits to the pediatrics’ office. Even though the treatment length normally varies, the child may need to stay on this treatment plan until they have reached their actual bone maturity.
Growth hormone administration in a long-term capacity for kids with idiopathic short stature will assists in increasing their adult height to levels above the predicted adult height. If you are buying these injections online, get medical help from specialized clinics such as the Wellness MGT etc. before you start using the therapy for growth and height.