What homemade conditioner for curly hair can you use daily? Here’s a list of recipes for the best leave in, daily and deep conditioners that do well for naturally curly hair that is dry. With ingredients such as shea butter, avocado and coconut oil, here’s a DIY guide for you.
Well taken care of curly hair tends to be gorgeous. However, the lack of moisture experienced by most curly hair girls leads to frizzing which can be a nightmare when styling. This is caused by the fact that the natural oils produced on the scalp have a hard time making their way up the curly strands. To take care of this, high quality conditioning is necessary. Below we discuss recipes for the best homemade conditioners for curly hair including deep conditioners and leave in conditioners.
Homemade Leave in Conditioner for Curly Hair
Curly hair requires extra care to keep it free of frizz and ensure that the curls remain well defined. People with natural curly hair who want to keep it that way have more responsibility. To best take care of your hair, we discuss some recipes for homemade leave in conditioner for curly hair.
Leave in conditioner for defining Curls
This leave in conditioner will help define the curls while providing moisture and shine. To make this, you will need light conditioner, distilled water, three tablespoons of aloe vera juice and one teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Shake well so that they can all integrate.
- Apply mixture on damp hair.
Whipped Shea butter leave in conditioner
This too will work great on curly hair by giving it the moisture it requires to fight frizz. You will need four tablespoons Shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil and vegetable glycerin.
- Put Shea butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add some spoonful of coconut milk and whip them together.
- Add a spoonful of each oil that you have at a time and continue mixing
- Squeeze in three drops of glycerin
This should be used on wet hair.
In case you are looking for something to let loose your curls from each other, this is the leave in conditioner for you. It is easy and cheap to make and will also leave your hair smelling nice.
You will need organic hibiscus flowers and marshmallow as the main ingredients.
- Bring a cupful of water to boil
- Add 10 hibiscus flowers to the water
- Leave it under low boil for five minutes
- Remove from heat and remove the flowers from the vessel too
- Add three tablespoons of dried marshmallow
- Add three tablespoons of dried organic burdock and stir them in the hot water
- Cover up the vessel and leave the herbs to infuse for 20minutes.
- Strain the mixture and put it into a spray bottle.
The conditioner can be used on freshly washed hair. Remember not to rinse it out but leave it in.
Homemade Deep Conditioner for Curly Hair
Creating a homemade conditioner can help prevent damage and reduce breakage. Deep conditioners help to reinvigorate curly hair by making it moist.
These tend to have a 15 per cent fat content and are also rich in natural vitamins. A conditioner made from it penetrates the hair shaft to fight dryness in curly hair and avoid breakage.
- Mash half an avocado in a mixing bowl.
- Add half a teaspoon of olive oil and mix thoroughly
- Do the same with three drops of lavender essential oil
- Massage mixture into the scalp and on hair.
- Leave for 30 minutes before rinsing
Coconut oil is great on hair. It penetrates hair well enough to soften the tresses and condition the scalp. Using this oil for deep conditioning also gives your curls a radiant shine.
- To one cup of warm water, add a tablespoon of coconut oil
- Apply this on hair ensuring you massage it in from the tips to the roots
- Cover hair with a plastic cap and leave it in for two hours or sleep on it.
- Rinse out mixture using warm water.
Bananas are rich in vitamins and proteins that add strength and shine to curly hair.
- Blend one ripe banana.
- To it, add a 1/4cup of dried rosemary, a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of honey.
- Add a cup of water to this mixture
- Massage this paste onto the scalp and cover all the strands in it.
- Let it rest in for 30 minutes before rinsing
Best Homemade Deep Conditioner for Curly Hair
The best homemade conditioner for curly hair should counter the negative natural characteristics that the hair has such as dryness and frizz. Hot oil treatments work great when it comes to deep conditioning curly hair. The recipe below is of our best homemade natural deep conditioner for dry hair. It is very easy to make and use.
Rosemary hot oil treatment
This is great for hair as a hot oil deep conditioner. It contains vitamin B-6, calcium and iron. It also smells great.
- For every tablespoon of olive oil add three drops of rosemary oil. Make an amount enough for your hair.
- Place this mixture in a microwave and heat it for five seconds.
- Massage small amounts into your hair and scalp ensuring that no part of the curls is neglected. This mixture can be too heavy on hair if too much is used.
- Wrap hair in a plastic cap leave it in for at least an hour. For even better results, sleep in it.
- This can be rinsed off or left as a leave in conditioner.
How to Make Homemade Conditioner for Curly Hair
Having to use hair products that have been made at home helps to save a lot of money and also saves one from the frustrations caused by products that do not work. Knowing how to make homemade conditioner for curly hair helps one to experiment and eventually come up with a customized product suitable for their curly hair. Take the challenge and gain the control of your curls by learning from these recipes.
Homemade Daily Conditioner for Curly Hair
For maintenance purposes and to reduce frizz when doing hairstyles for curly hair, it is important to have a homemade daily conditioner for curly hair. This will make styling much easier. Try the leave in conditioner for curly hair given below.
Moisturizing leave in hair mist
This conditioner will help keep your hair well moisturized for that silky look. To make it, you will need a cupful of distilled water, one tablespoon of vegetable glycerin, a table spoon of extra virgin olive oil, one teaspoon of your favorite essential oil and one tablespoon of rosemary water.
- Put the vegetable oil, olive oil, essential oil and rosemary water in a hair spray bottle.
- Shake the mixture thoroughly
- Fill up the bottle with the distilled water and shake some more.
- Use this on damp hair. It will reinvigorate your curls.