How to Make Lipstick of Your Own with Crayons at Home
How to make lipstick at home is rather interesting. Try these homemade recipes, ingredients for making your own lipstick. By the end of this article, you will learn simple steps to make red, pink, coral, natural lipstick, organic and even nude using simple ingredients such as crayons, Vaseline and more below.
Easy Homemade Lipstick Recipe
What is the easiest recipe to make lipstick at home? What recipe ingredients are best for making any color of lipstick? Why should I make lip cosmetics for myself? Well, in one way or another, you will learn the answers to these questions. Making your own lipstick has its own benefits. The most important one is that homemade natural lipstick is safe to use compared to commercial leaded lipsticks.
You can almost guess – that there are many different ways and procedures on how to make lipstick at home. Each of the methods will have a lot of improvisations. When you want to make blue lipstick, you will definitely improvise a method for making red lipstick, white lipstick, brown lipstick and even pink lipstick.
For us, we will adopt an easy way to make it simple to learn how to make red lipstick of your own. Simple and almost-universal procedures will help you be able to build on and make the best lipstick on your own. To begin with, let’s see the best and most important ingredients and supplies for making lipstick.
How to Make Lipstick: Supplies and Ingredients
Here, find out the best ingredients and supplies you will need to make lipstick. We will outline the importance of each group of ingredients and supplies.
The ingredients and supplies for making lipstick at home will depend on the type of recipe you are following, the lipstick color you want to make and your personal preferences. However, there are common lipstick ingredients and supplies that you can collect to make your own lipstick. The following are some of the most important supplies you will need to make lipstick.
- Crayons (for homemade lipstick with crayons)
- Vaseline (for making lipstick with Vaseline)
- Beeswax pastilles – a common ingredient in most lipsticks that are wax-based
- Cosmetic mica powder for coloring
- Food coloring or drink mix for coloring your homemade lipstick
Butters for Making Lipsticks: Important supplies for making lipstick in the form of butters will not miss in almost any homemade lipstick recipe. Whether it is making natural or organic lipstick, some sort of butter must be used. Butters are common in both lip balm recipes as well as lipstick recipes. The role of butters is to make the lipstick moisturizing. They also help stabilize the mixture of other supplies and ingredients in your lipstick.
So, which butter will you use? The common butters used as ingredients for making lipsticks include the following:
- Avocado butter if you want to make lipstick with avocado butter
- Cocoa butter for making lipstick with cocoa butter
- Shea butter if you like shea butter in your homemade lipstick
- Mango butter
Oils to Make Homemade Lipstick: Oils as supplies for making lipstick are also used to moisturize lips. Most people learn how to make lipstick with Vaseline because it is believed that Vaseline has a moisturizing effect. That is why it also features in most DIY lip balms and lip glosses. Therefore, when oils are added in the recipe for making lipstick, they will help hydrate lips.
Also, when oil supplies mix with other homemade lipstick ingredients, they make the mixture spreadable. So, which oils should you include in your DIY lipstick recipe?
- Grapeseed oil for making lipstick from grapeseed oil
- Coconut oil – for making lipstick with coconut oil
- Almond oil may also be used to make lipstick at home
- Hempseed oil
- Olive oil to make lipstick with olive oil
Wax Ingredient to Make Lipstick: Wax is another of the most important ingredients in recipes to make lipstick at home. Commonly used waxes are:
- Jasmine wax
- Candelilla wax (commonly used in vegan lipstick recipes)
- Orange wax
- Ozokerite wax
The purpose of wax in lipstick is to provide a barrier that seals moisture in the lips and also to keep the lip tint or color on your lips for long.
Safe Lip Fragrance to Make Lipstick: Whether you want to make matte lipstick using a homemade recipe, you will need to use some fragrance or color that will add some color and nice smell to your lipstick. Do not use alcohol based flavors or fragrances. Ensure that you use lip-safe fragrances or flavors to add color to your lipstick.
How to Make Lipstick with Crayons
Crayons are those little coloring pencils you give your little one. Now, you can make your own lipstick at home, in any color, using crayons. Here’s how to make homemade lipstick using crayons.
- Select the crayon pencils of the color you want
- Unwrap them well and ensure that they are not tainted in any way
- Melt the crayons to get a consistent thickness
- Add other ingredients such as Vaseline or coconut oil
- Mix well
- Pour the mixture into an empty lipstick tube or container
There you are! You have your homemade crayon lipstick.
Homemade Lipstick Recipe – Steps, Tutorial, Guide, Procedure
Homemade lipstick recipe types are definitely very many. The steps or procedures may be different depending on the type of lipstick you want to make. The following are some of the areas you may want to look at when learning how to make your own lipstick.
- How to make nude lipstick
- Steps for making natural lipstick
- How to make lipstick with Vaseline
- How to make matte lipstick
- How to make organic lipstick
- How to make lipstick from crayons
Now, let’s get into the procedures for making different types of lipsticks. Here is a basic guideline for making lipstick.
Basic Lipstick Recipe for Nude, Purple, Orange and Green Lipstick
For this basic lipstick recipe, we will use beeswax and cocoa butter or shea butter as our basic ingredients. It is all for demonstation.
- Melt shea butter or coca butter and coconut oil in a jar.
- Add your optional ingredients such as lipstick color.
- Mix your ingredients well.
- While still in liquid form, put your homemade lipstick in your lip gloss container or best lip balm container. You can use a dropper to pour the lip color into the container.
Remember to use the right flavor or color for the lipstick color you want to achieve. This procedure can be used to make natural lipstick, organic, nude and any other lipstick color.
Now, if red is your favorite, here is a quick recipe on how to make red lipstick. Red lip tint is a major fashion trend and every woman should have some of the best red lipsticks. When you want to make your own red lipstick though, some learning will help. Here is a red lipstick recipe for you.
How to Make Red Lipstick – Red Lipstick Recipe
You will need these ingredients to make red lipstick at home:
- Cosmetic mica powder
- Coconut oil
- A bowl, saucepan and jar
- Mix red mica powder and coconut oil in a bowl. Add mica powder to the desired shade of red.
- Melt your beeswax. It is preferred you do it over low heat. Stir until all of it melts.
- Add your mixture into the molten beeswax and mix well to combine to a smooth texture.
- Remove from the stove and pour into a lip cosmetic container. Allow to cool and store in a cool dry place.
That’s it on how to make lipstick. With the basic recipe, you can make almost any type of lipstick you want. Have you tried making your own lipstick at home? It can really be fun. Check the resources below for specific types of lipsticks.