The human body depends on hormones for it to function properly and grow. Hormones responsible for growth of the body are called human growth hormones (HGH). They are also called somatotropin, a peptide hormone which stimulates growth, cell production and cell division. What is the difference between human growth hormone versus sermorelin hormone.
In the case that one has growth hormone deficiency, a hormone releasing hormone like sermorelin can be used to stimulate the production and release of human growth hormone.
What is the difference between human growth hormone and sermorelin hormone
There is a clear difference between HGH and Sermorelin hormone. Below are their differences;
1. Human Growth Hormone
Human growth hormone is produced by the pituitary gland, this hormone accelerates growth in children and adolescents. It also helps to regulate body composition, body fluids, muscle and bone growth, sugar and fat metabolism, and possibly heart function.
In addition to growth stimulation, HGH is also for regulating body’s posture, body fluids, fat metabolism and heart function.
2. Sermorelin Hormone
Sermorelin is a bio-identical hormone that has been genetically engineered to stimulate the secretion of Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone from the hypothalamus, a gland adjacent to the pituitary gland. GHRH is a peptide that contains the first 29 amino acids of our own GH. These 29 amino acids are the active amino acids of GHRH. It is GHRH that stimulates the pituitary glands to release HGH.
On the other hand, this hormone stimulates the production and release of growth hormone form the pituitary glands in the brain. These hormone is injected into the body fat, subcutaneously, using a very small needle similar to what a diabetic uses to inject insulin.
Benefits of Sermorelin versus HGH
Both sermorelin and human growth hormone have a very important role to play in the human body. The benefits of this two hormones are:
1. Benefits of Human Growth Hormone
Human growth hormone is the only anti-aging hormone known to actually make people look younger. The skin of older people tends to become papery thin and lose its firm texture. Aging leads to the slowdown in the production of human growth hormone. HGH increases the synthesis of new proteins that lie underneath skin structure, in the dermal layer.
HGH works together with collagen to maintain skin and muscle composition. Collagen and elastin are the building blocks of the dermis, which is the next layer of skin beneath the epidermis. HGH restores the turgor, or bounciness, that is characteristic of young skin, so the skin bounces back more readily on a pinch test, becomes better toned, and sags less.
2. Benefits of sermorelin hormone
Sermorelin hormone has a wide range of benefits in the human body. Below are the major benefits of this hormone:
- It Increases energy in the body as a result of fat breakdown
- Increases lean muscle due to Increased protein synthesis
- Increasing muscle mass through sarcomere hyperplasia
- Decreases body fat and increases Lipolysis (fat burning)
- Strengthens immune system – reduces risk factors for age related diseases
- Strengthening of joints and connective tissue
- Increases bone density – Increases calcium retention
- Stimulates the growth of all internal organs to more a youthful state
- Sermorelin improves cognitive abilities
Uses of human growth hormone injections
Human growth hormone is produced normally by the pituitary gland. In case one has human growth hormone deficiency, human growth hormone injections can be used to stimulate growth. The following conditions can cause growth hormone deficiency:
- Tuners syndrome: genetic disorder which affects girls’ growth.
- Kidney disorders.
- Willi syndrome: genetic disorder which causes poor muscle development.
- Short bowel syndrome.
- Muscle wasting disease caused by HIV.
According to the TRT Medical Center, HGH “dosages must be carefully considered for both men and women and that is why testing is mandatory before treatment can begin.”
Side effects of human growth hormone drugs vs. sermorelin hormone
This two hormones are very beneficial to human beings as stated above. However the prolonged or incorrect use of this hormones may bring undesirable characteristics or symptoms to the users. However, sermorelin has minimal side effects as compared to HGH. Below are the side effects of HGH and sermorelin:
1. Human growth hormone side effects
Human growth hormone is produced naturally by the pituitary glands of the brain, its secretion reduces as a person grows older because cell division process is much higher when a person is young and it reduces as a person ages. Below are some of side effects of human growth hormone supplements on adults:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Increased insulin resistance
- Swelling in the arms and legs (edema)
- Joint and muscle pain
- For men, it causes the enlargement of breast tissue
2. Sermorelin hormone side effects
Below are the most common side effects of sermorelin acetate:
- It causes pain, swelling, or redness on the injection site
- Sermorelin may cause one to have difficulties swallowing,
- Sermorelin cause dizziness,
- causes sleepiness,
- it may cause nausea,
- sermorelin may a times induce vomiting,
- changes in taste in the mouth
- Changes the normal color of the skin to pale
- Causes tightness in the chest.
Sources and references
- Peptide sciences: sermorelin.
- Wikipedia: growth hormone.
- Mayo clinic: What are the risks of taking human growth hormone if you don’t need it?