Get Rid of Brown Spots on Back Easily
Brown spots on back are one of the commonest forms of discoloration of the skin. Find out the causes, how to get rid of brown spots on the back, how to remove dark brown spots and ways to treat light brown age spots on the back of neck, back of hand, age brown spots on shoulders and the best creams for removing light brown spots.
Brown age spots on the back can be unsightly. For this reason, you will definitely start looking for ways to get rid of them. With various applications of methods to remove brown spots, you can clear them. However, addressing the underlying causes, if any, is the best way to treat brown spots on back.
Most women who suffer from brown and dark spots on back are those who wear outfits that are open at the back. This leaves them exposed to the sun, especially during summer. As you will see in the section on causes of age spots on neck, shoulders and hands, the sun (harmful UV light) is a major culprit. We will discuss the causes, the areas commonly affected by dark and light brown spots on back and go on to list home remedies, treatment options and tips on how to get rid of itchy brown spots on back.
Causes of Dark Brown Spots on Back
What causes brown and dark spots on the back? There are many causes of liver spots, also called sun spots or age spots. Ageing itself may cause one to develop dark marks and patches on the skin, but there are other underlying conditions that are known to contribute to the formation of light brown spots or dark spots on the back. Here is a list of the causes.
- Exposure to the sun leads to sun spots on back.
- Hormonal changes, especially in women may cause brown spots to appear on the back.
- Diabetes has also been identified as a cause of what is called diabetes brown spots, which may also occur on legs and hands.
- Melanoma, a skin cancer can also manifest itself in brown patches and spots all over the back, and around the neck region.
- Freckles may manifest as small raised brown spots on back.
In most cases, the problem may manifest itself as light brown spots, dark brown spots, itchy brown spots or even raised brown spots on back. Some of them may be large spots that can be removed through surgical procedures. See below for treatment and removal options available.
Areas Commonly Affected with Dark Spots
- Brown Spots on Back of Neck: When your neck appears to be discolored, or has brown spots on it, it is an indication of sun exposure, a liver problem or diabetes. Sometimes, back acne spreads and affects the neck, leaving dark brown marks on it.
- spots on back of hands
- on back of teeth
- spots on back of throat
- spots on back of legs
- on back of hand
- brown spots on lower back
- brown marks on shoulders
How to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Back: How to Remove Dark Spots Fast
Once you already have dark, brown, white or red spots on your back, you can find ways of removing them quickly. There are different methods to use to get rid of brown spots on the back. Before looking at them, it is important to note that if you have brown itchy spots on back, you should see a doctor first. Your dermatologist will examine the skin problem to see if there is any infection before recommending any method on how to remove the large brown spots on shoulders and back that are itchy.
Listed below are some of the common options used to cure and remove spots on the skin.
- Over the Counter Medications: OTC medications to fade brown spots occurring on the back may include topical creams. An example of a top-rated fading cream is Murad Fading Gel.
- Homemade and Natural Products: Also called home remedies or natural remedies for brown spots. These include solutions you can develop and apply at home. See below in the section of natural home remedies.
- Salon Treatments and Clinical Procedures: You can fade brown spots on back using spa treatments provided at some salons. Most of these involve exfoliation. However, medical treatments to fade and eliminate dark and brown marks or patches include laser treatments and even dermabrasion procedures.
How to Treat Brown Spots on the Back
Treatments for brown and dark age spots are aplenty. Your doctor can recommend any of the various methods that are used to remove dark spots, such as chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion, and laser treatment for brown age spots. Topical creams may also be recommended as treatments.
Laser Treatment for the Back’s Brown Spots: This treatment is known to give instant and permanent results in getting rid of sun spots or liver spots. Laser beams, also described as high-energy pulsing laser light beams are safely used to remove all the unwanted brown, black, red and white spots on the skin. Laser treatment procedure takes just about 15 minutes to finish.
Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion Treatment: Tiny crystals are used as exfoliants when there is need to treat brown sun and age spots as well as other skin cosmetic problems such as cellulite, wrinkles and stretch marks. Acne scars, pimple scars and marks, and normal injury scars are also removed using microdermabrasion and dermabrasion procedures.
Best Cream for Brown Spots on Back: Topical creams are also applied to get rid of brown age spots on back. Most of the best creams used to remove dark and brown marks on the skin are those that have sunscreen, so as much as they act to fade the spots, they will also help in protecting the skin from the effect of summer sun that causes dark spots.
Home Remedies for Liver Spots on Back
Pigmentation on the back of the neck, back of the hands, your back and even near the throat occurs as a result of exposure to the sun most of the times. You can remove these using simple home remedies. Here are some of the home remedies for removing dark liver spots on the back.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly. This will remove the pigmented skin spots that appear as brown patches. As new cells develop and grow to replace the ones that are discolored, you will get an even skin tone. You can use crushed walnuts and yogurt for exfoliation.
- Another home treatment for brown spots on the back is to scrub using baking soda and water. Make a paste and use it to scrub the back of hands, neck, throat and any other place, including dark spots on face.
- Cucumber is not just a home remedy for dark circles under eyes. It can also be applied as a treatment for age spots and sun spots on the back. Scrub your back and neck everyday with grated cucumber after which you can splash rose water on the skin.
- Mix lemon and cucumber juice in order to remove brown liver spots on the back. You can apply this to get rid of wrinkles too apart from getting rid of the discoloration that is caused by dark spots on your back.
Other home remedies for sun spots on back include almond oil, aloe vera application, potato treatment, salt and sugar scrub (also known to reduce cellulite), sandalwood powder and rose water, turmeric powder and lime juice and lastly, applying sunscreen. It is also best to prevent brown spots on back by wearing protective clothing to reduce exposure to the sun.
Which method or cream do you use to fade brown spots on back?