Laser hair removal is a process that uses laser beams to remove hair for an extended period of time. Laser hair removal is an appropriate hair removal method for individuals wanting a long term solution to hair removal. If you want to enjoy long-lastinghair-free skin, you can visit a cosmetic clinic in Bundoora to get the procedure done. Continue reading to learn more about what laser hair removal is and how it works.
How it Works
Laser hair removal works by destroying and damaging hair follicles to prevent hair growth. During the procedure, light pulses are targeted towards individual hairs. This light travels down the individual hairs and into the follicles. Heat is then released that destroys and damages the hair follicles, meaning hair can’t grow from the follicles again. Lasers are designed to heat the pigmented areas that are dark, as dark areas absorb light. This means when the laser is targeted to a particular area on your body with hair, the heat will be absorbed by the hair follicles because this area is pigmented.Laser hair removal works well on hair that’s black or brown in colour. If your hair is white or grey, the laser may not remove the hair as well because the hairs aren’t pigmented.
The Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
There are many benefits of getting laser hair removal as opposed to other methods of hair removal. These benefits include:
- It’s a long-term solution for hair removal. The hair will take a long time to grow back if the procedure is done properly.
- It’s safe to get done and has minimal risks involved.
- There are no long-term health-related risks with the procedure.
- The side effects are not significant. You may experience tolerable discomfort during the procedure, and the skin may become red due to the light pulses.
Laser hair removal has some minor side effects that may occur. However, you might not necessarily experience these side effects, as everyone’s skin is different and you might have a different tolerance compared to others. Some of the potential side effects include:
- Irritation and redness – Your cosmetic clinic in Bundoora will test on a small area to check how well you’ll respond to the laser. Once the procedure is done, you might develop redness and become irritated, but these side effects are short term. The irritation fades away in no time, and you can use ice packs to cool the redness in the meantime.
- Crusting − You may experience crusting after laser hair removal. This is a minor side effect that can be alleviated by applying moisturiser to the area. However, if not taken care of properly, the crusting can lead to scarring and scabbing. Make sure you don’t pick at any crusting that develops.
- Skin infection − Laser hair removal involves destroying hair follicles, which can cause a skin infection. After laser hair removal, treat the area as a wound that needs to heal. If you notice any infection signs, contact your doctor for aftercare advice.