Dark spots on skin are discolorations that may be caused by various factors. Find out how to get rid of black itchy spots on your skin, treatments that lighten, fade, remove and bleach dry black patches and marks fast. Also, we have covered the best home remedies you can try and details on laser black spot removal below.
- What causes black spots on my skin?
- How can I get rid of dark marks on the skin fast?
- What home remedies remove colored dots under skin?
- What do small, dry, itchy dark red spots on skin mean?
Dark spots appearing under the skin or on the skin are sometimes referred to as liver spots, diabetes dark spots, pregnancy black spots, dark sun spots on skin and many other names. The names are associated with the causes of the spots.
Causes of Dark Spots on Skin
Small dark spots on skin can appear on different parts of the skin. Some people may see them on the face, others on legs while some on the back and neck area. If you have dark and dry spots on your skin, they could be caused by an underlying health condition (disease). They could also indicate a certain problem in your lifestyle.
Knowing the causes of dark spots on the skin can help you with the treatments and choosing appropriate home remedies to get rid of the patches and marks. See dark spots on skin pictures in this post to see how they appear. On black skin, dark marks may look slightly different, sometimes appearing like brown spots. However, on fair skin tone, they can appear as dark red spots on skin.
Here are the general causes of dark patches and spots on the skin. Some of them may be skin diseases, or health conditions that show their symptoms through dark patches on the skin and might require you to seek treatment and cure fast.
- Sun damage causes dark spots on areas of the skin that are exposed to sun for a long time.
- Tanning may also cause black spots on the skin, especially for people with light skin tone.
- Autoimmune conditions such as scleroderma increases the production of collagen and may show signs of dark spots on the skin.
- Eczema may show signs of itchy dark spots on skin. The patches may be dry and dark brown in color. Dark spots in children are most likely to be caused by this skin condition.
- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is also a condition that will show black spots on the skin
- Hormonal changes, especially during pregnancy can cause black dots on the skin. Melasma during pregnancy is the common condition that manifests itself with black spots or brown spots on skin.
- Skin cancer, liver damage, kidney disease and diabetes are all associated with dark marks on the skin.
- Medications such as Phenothiazines and Sulfonamides.
How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Skin – Removing Black Spots Under Skin
Getting rid of dry dark spots on skin is easy but depends on the underlying cause. For example, black spots on the skin caused by sun spots may not have treatment, but can be prevented using sunscreen or creams with SPF. On the other hand, how to get rid of dark spots on skin, especially those caused by an underlying disease will need the elimination of the cause.
Various options are available for removing black patches and marks on skin. You can opt for medical or clinical treatments to remove the marks and bumps, or go for simple DIY home remedies with natural ingredients to clear skin discolorations. Below, we will look at the best home remedies for removing dark spots, best topical cream for fading dark spots and clinical treatments for lightening dark spots.
Treatments for Dark Spots on Skin
So, what treatment is good to get rid of dark spots on skin fast? There are different treatments that you can go for to fade and clear dark spots from the skin. These treatments will depend on a number of things and may be good if the spots are stubborn. Below are the commonly used treatments for clearing black spots from the skin.
- Laser dark skin spots removal – this treatment uses laser light beams to stimulate the growth of new cells to replace the discolored or pigmented cells on your skin. Laser treatments for dark spots on the skin are considered expensive.
- Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion treatment therapy – This is a therapy that works like an exfoliator to remove the dry dark cells appearing ad dark patches and marks under your skin.
- Use of chemical peels to remove black discoloration marks on the skin. These can also work when you want to remove dark spots from pimples and black marks from acne blemishes. See more on best treatments for black spots from acne.
Best Cream for Dark Spots on the Skin
You can remove dark spots on black skin by applying topical creams and serums that fade, lighten and brighten up discolored skin. Choosing the best cream and dark skin spot corrector can be a difficult, but there are those that are top-rated for bleaching black marks and restoring an even skin tone. Below is a list of 6 top rated dark skin spots correctors, creams and serums you can use.
- Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector
- Hydroquinone Dark Spot Cream
- SkinCeuticals Pigment Regulator
- Priori Even Tones
- Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector Treatment
- Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution
Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
Home remedies with natural ingredients can also work well for bleaching dark spots. Some kitchen products can be used to take off dark spots quickly, just like you can use natural treatments to get rid of and fade stretch mark scars. If you have age spots, consider trying these home remedies as cures for removing black blemishes from your face, neck and other parts of the body.
- Bleaching dark spots can be done using lemon juice preparation.
- Another important dark spot skin treatment at home is the use of baking soda paste.
- Papaya is a good brightener or lightener of black skin. You can also use it as a natural remedy to remove black patches on skin.
- Apple cider vinegar home cure fades dark marks easily.
- Turmeric and lime juice home remedy.
- If you have dark dots under eyes, you can use tea bags or cucumber slices to remove them fast.
More home remedies used on how to lighten dark spots on skin here. It is however important that you see a dermatologist for a diagnosis of your symptoms first before starting to treat the dark spots on skin. This will ensure that you do not suffer from an underlying skin health condition that cannot be cleared with the home treatments you will be applying.
Also Read the Following:
- Best Dark Spot Corrector and Remover Reviews
- Best Cream for Dark Spots Fading, Bleaching and Lightening
- Dark Spots on Face and Best Way to Remove Them Fast
- Get Rid of Dark Spots Under Eyes with Treatments, Remedies
- Best Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots from Acne Naturally
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Neck Fast
Read more on White Spots, or learn about Brown Spot Removal