You can prevent wrinkles, especially those that appear early before you start ageing. Here are tips to prevent age lines using best creams, anti-aging products, anti-wrinkle foods, pillow method, treatments and other remedies on how to remove wrinkled skin. At the end, you can see a recap of the causes as a last prevention tip.
Wrinkles can be avoided using different methods such as buying recommended pillows, such as Anti Wrinkle Beauty Pillow or opting for simple home remedies, topical application of creams, going for laser surgery, treatments such as fillers and chemical peels. These products can help you reduce the appearance of fine lines or even deep ones on your face, hands, forehead, around eyes etc.
General Tips to Prevent Wrinkles
Let’s look at practical ways to avoid wrinkles. Now I won’t tell you to
stop smiling. That will be absurd. You do not have to live like a prisoner in order to prevent wrinkles, but just a few tweaks of habits and inclusion of simple practices should help avoid wrinkles successfully. The following tips on how to prevent wrinkles will help you get a wrinkle-free youthful skin.
- Do you want to try products such as anti-wrinkle creams? Actually there are tons of anti-aging products in the market today. Get the best, which means you need to be shopping brands like The Face Shop, COSRX, Laneige, and 3CE. The best brands use ingredients like retinoids, azelaic acid and alpha-hydroxy acids. Research has shown that these ingredients treat signs of aging. Retin A has capabilities of reversing photoaging effects on the skin while the two acids are very good exfoliants and skin lighteners.
- Avoid smoking, you will avoid wrinkles. At an age as early as 20 years, smokers can see wrinkles on their skins. To avoid a deeply wrinkled, leathery skin, simply stop smoking.
- Wear sunscreen. If you cannot, stay indoors, though it is also recommended that even when sitting indoors, you should wear sunscreen to prevent wrinkles. Remember your grandma always wore a hat while going in the sun, even when she had sunscreen on.
- Moisturize your skin regularly. Do not leave your skin to dry up. Simple practices such as hydrating from inside out will help you avoid wrinkles. Moist skin looks younger than dry skin. In addition, wrinkles easily form on dry skin and look even worse.
- Get adequate sleep and unload stress factors. At least 8 hours of shut-eye sleep will be very good for your health. Try exercising, meditating and yoga to help your body relax. It will slowly help avoid wrinkles. Also, check your sleeping position and sleeping material you are using.
- Wearing sunglasses will help avoid wrinkles around your eyes. You will squint less even when in the sun. If you read a lot, wear reading glasses to prevent eye wrinkles.
Natural Ways to Prevent Wrinkles
Sometimes you don’t have to look for very expensive anti-wrinkle creams or anti-aging products to get rid of wrinkles or any other cosmetic skin problem. The answer to your agony could be right with you – in simple natural ways to prevent wrinkles. So are there ways on how to prevent wrinkles naturally? Yes, follow these tips. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
Water also cleanses the skin of toxins that contribute to the causes of wrinkles. Regular face massage can also prevent wrinkles. It enhances circulation of blood in the face, which slows down aging of the skin. This in addition to a little steaming of the skin will bring moisture to the skin and help the cells to plump up.
Foods that Prevent Wrinkles
Foods are also considered natural ways to prevent wrinkles. Eat lots of salmon fish and deep cold water fishes to nourish your skin. Foods rich in vitamin A and C assist the body in growing its tissues, hence will aid in keeping the skin firm. Lots of vegetables, carrots and whole milk are highly recommended to prevent wrinkles. Bok choy, corn, fruits such as papaya, kiwi, oranges and grapefruits are good for the health of your skin. Ensure that you eat foods that prevent wrinkles daily for the best results.
Home Remedies for Wrinkles
Soy foods are considered part of the home remedies for preventing wrinkles. They are said to have a high value in restoring damaged skin. I put it under this section because they are still being tested on animals, but eating them in moderation will definitely provide you a great home remedy for wrinkle prevention. Witch hazel solution can be applied topically to tighten the skin. It has also been found to contain anti-inflammatory effects similar to those of white tea, making it a good skincare home treatment for wrinkle prevention. Reduce stress. Perhaps exercise will help you a lot in releasing tension that damages the skin. Simple aerobic exercises everyday will help you relax and sleep better in the evening. You might not notice the effect immediately in getting rid of wrinkles, but it goes a long way in preventing them.
Areas Commonly Affected with Wrinkles
Best Creams to Prevent Wrinkles
Top anti-wrinkle creams such as Perricone MD Neuropeptide Deep Wrinkle Serum– a subject that can be very interesting for all of us. We try anti-wrinkle creams almost everyday and truth be said, you can easily get lost in the search for the best cream for wrinkle prevention. Whether face creams, eye creams for wrinkle removal or anything out there topically applied to help prevent wrinkles, these anti-aging products are in plenty such that making the right choice is so difficult.
There is something very important about getting the best anti-wrinkle cream to prevent wrinkles from forming too early – knowing what anti-wrinkle ingredients to look for. So, what is the best anti-wrinkle cream? What are the ingredients to look for in the best anti-wrinkle cream? There are guidelines and reviews that help in picking anti-wrinkle creams and anti-aging products that help avoid wrinkles. Read reviews and findings of the top anti-wrinkle creams.
Pillow to Prevent Wrinkles
The problem of wrinkles has made companies, not just cosmetic ones but also those manufacturing bedding to come up with a few solutions here and there to help people avoid wrinkles. Now you can prize your beauty sleep as a getting-rid-of-wrinkles mission. With the wrong pillow, you are likely to experience face lines and wrinkles – which is not very good for your skin. We have seen that getting enough sleep will help prevent wrinkles, but apparently that is not enough especially when using the wrong pillow. Normal pillows iron wrinkles into your face, leaving you with sleep wrinkles on the face. What solution is there with pillows to prevent wrinkles? Anti-wrinkle pillows are specially designed to minimize and avoid face wrinkles, specifically sleep lines. Note that anti-wrinkle pillows are not considered as a medical treatment for wrinkles, but you will find them valuable to your skincare regimen. Here are some of the top-rated anti-wrinkle pillows:
- Anti Wrinkle Beauty Pillow – Designed to protect your facial skin from damage that’s caused by normal pillows.
- Eyetopia Anti-Wrinkle Pillow – Good for preventing eye wrinkles usually caused by ordinary pillows. Copper Oxide Pillowcase – Pioneered by Cupron Company as a way to prevent wrinkles, it is known to reduce fine lines significantly with regular use.
- Save My Face Anti-Wrinkle Pillow – Manufactured by Save My Face, this pillow for wrinkles suspends the face above the main pillow you are using to avoid wrinkles from forming.
Wrinkle Treatment Options
Wrinkle treatment options are not preventive measures as such, but we’ll just mention them so that you know the options you have when you want to get rid of wrinkles that have already formed. The following are the common wrinkle treatment methods. Keep in mind that you can avoid wrinkles for some time, not always. Age comes with these folds and creases and getting rid of wrinkles completely is almost out of discussion. Somehow they will form.
- Microdermabrasion and dermabrasion wrinkle treatments.
- Chemical peels to get rid of wrinkles
- Botox injections are also used to treat deep wrinkles on lips, forehead, around eyes and almost any part of the skin.
- Laser wrinkle treatment, a resurfacing technique commonly used for other cosmetic skin problems too.
- Fillers are wrinkle removers that are “inserted” into the ridges and folds to “fill up” the wrinkle furrows and smoothen the skin.
Causes of Wrinkles
The following are the common causes of wrinkles. We will look at them in point form. Follow the link provided below to see the main article discussing the causes of wrinkles in detail.
- Smoking causes wrinkles.
- Foods, such as coffee may cause wrinkles.
- Aging is a natural cause of wrinkles.
- If you have a light skin, you are vulnerable to wrinkles.
- Hormonal changes and imbalances are also known to cause wrinkles especially in women aged 35 and above.
- Lack of nutrients that nourish the skin will accelerate the formation of wrinkles on the skin.
- Tanning and exposure to the sun will cause wrinkles.
- Poor sleeping positions contribute to face wrinkles.
- Gravity is a factor in the formation of wrinkles, specifically likely to cause horizontal forehead lines.
- Exposure to the sun.
- Facial expressions cause certain muscular movement patterns that lead to wrinkle formation.
- Lastly, wrinkles are hereditary in some people.
Here are details on these factors contributing to wrinkle formation.
It is evident that there is a lot to do to prevent wrinkles. But does that mean we stop smiling to avoid wrinkles? How will we look like all serious? Well, it doesn’t have to come to that in order to avoid wrinkles. Proper skin care, nutrition and exercise can do. Ever heard of face exercises to avoid wrinkles? Well, those are some of the things, besides normal whole-body exercises, we should be aware of and practice in order to get rid of wrinkles. See related articles below for more on these.
Got new tips to prevent wrinkles? Scroll below and share them with us in the comments section.