Under eye wrinkles – how do you get rid of them? What causes wrinkles under eyes? Are there treatments and prevention options? Learn how to remove, treat, and get rid of under eye wrinkles using tips, best eye creams and and even laser treatment below.
Under eye wrinkles are creases, folds or lines that form under the eyes as a result of causes such as aging, smoking, loosening of the skin under the eyes and so on. They may also form as a result of facial expressions and sleeping posture as we are going to see. The appearance of under eye wrinkles may come independently, but most often, they are normally associated with dark eye circles, puffy eyes and eye bags.
Although under eye lines are a common occurrence as people age, even young people are can get eye wrinkles. Experienced dermatologists recommend prevention methods such as using anti-wrinkle pillows such as Anti Wrinkle Beauty Pillow to avoid getting lines around eyes and on the face.So, let’s briefly look at the different causes of under eye wrinkles.
Causes of Under Eye Wrinkles
The things you do with your face are right at the center of the causes of under eye wrinkles. People form habits and do simple mistakes while doing their face care practices, which end up worsening or causing under eye wrinkles. In brief, the following are some of the things that cause eye wrinkles.
- Sleeping on your belly. Yes, that’s right. When you sleep on your belly, you end up squishing your face for hours, which ends up creasing the areas around your face. Eyes are a common victim of these, and they quickly respond with under eye wrinkles because the skin around them is very thin and sensitive.
- Aging is not only one of the causes of under eye wrinkles but also a common denominator when it comes to the causes of wrinkles in general.
- Smoking will also contribute to under eye wrinkles, wrinkles around the mouth and on the whole skin.
- Squinting as a result of not wearing sunglasses will cause under eye wrinkles.
- Under eye swelling, eye bags or puffy eyes. These could be as a result of crying too much, aging itself, allergy and many other causes of puffy eyes and eye bags. Whichever it is, swelling around eyes will stretch the skin such that by the time you finish getting rid of them (if you do it slowly) you will end up with under eye wrinkles.
- Exposure to the sun – UV radiation.
- Rubbing your eyes will also cause under eye wrinkles.
See a complete list of what may cause wrinkles here. Most commonly, under eye wrinkles will form starting from the corners of your eyes, mostly because of facial expressions that make part of our habits. Having known the causes, how do you prevent under eye wrinkles from forming on your face?
How to Prevent Eye Wrinkles
Prevention is very important to most of the cosmetic problems such as cellulite, stretch marks, razor bumps, eye circles and many others. The same goes for under eye wrinkles. They can be prevented too if you practice some of the tips we are going to discuss in this section. Some treatments may also be applied to prevent eye wrinkles. We will get to those once we discuss the following methods used to prevent under eye wrinkles.
- Reduce stress on your eyes. Do you pamper your eyes? We spend a lot of time on computers, reading books and staring into glaring lights, yet we do not do enough to pamper the eyes and help them relax. Cucumber slices can be chilled and used as eye pads to prevent under eye wrinkles. They will help distress the eyes. They are also known as some of the best remedies to get rid of under eye circles and eye bags.
- Get enough sleep. Very few people sleep enough. In fact, research has shown that Americans, on average do not get the minimum 8 hours of continuous shut-eye sleep everyday. Take some time to sleep adequately everyday. It will keep your eyes wrinkle-free and healthy.
- You can also prevent under eye wrinkles by wearing sunglasses. In simple words, it is recommended that you avoid squinting if you want to get rid of under eye wrinkles. If you spend a lot of time on your computer, wear anti-glare glasses to protect your eyes. Also, always reduce the brightness and contrast of your monitor in order to prevent under eye wrinkles.
- Nourish the eyes to prevent under eye wrinkles. Ensure that you get enough of beta carotene, vitamins C, A and E, zinc and essential fatty acids. Plenty of carrots, green veges, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and fish are all recommended to keep your eye sight healthy. They will also contribute to prevent under eye wrinkles.
- Use the best eye creams with retinol A or Perricone MD Neuropeptide Deep Wrinkle Serum which is highly reviewed positively. They are known to prevent eye wrinkles. Read more on top-rated eye creams for wrinkle removal.
- Always apply sunscreen in order to prevent eye wrinkle. Better still, you could buy foundation that has mineral sunscreen or those that contain titanium oxide or zinc oxide. Not only will such foundations help protect your eyes from UV and UVB radiations that cause under eye wrinkles but they will also give you a more attractive texture and tone.
Eye Creams for Wrinkles
We cannot discuss the subject of under eye wrinkle removal without talking about eye creams. Here, the biggest question each one of us asks is: What is the best eye cream for eye wrinkles? Well, the answer to that can be difficult and not just in one line. There is just a lot that should be explored to determine the best eye creams for wrinkles. We look at the following aspects when determining the truly best eye cream for wrinkles:
- Ingredients of eye creams for wrinkles
- Method of acting to prevent or remove eye wrinkles
- User reviews of the cream for under eye wrinkles
- Clinical testing and approval of the cream for under eye wrinkles
- Side effects, if any, of the under eye wrinkle creams
All these are very important aspects that are used to determine the best eye cream for wrinkles. The skin around the eyes is very sensitive, so it is crucial to find a cream that will not irritate your eyes and even worsen the problem of under eye wrinkles. So, what is the best cream for eye wrinkle removal? We have listed and discussed that in detail. Read and explore our list of the best eye creams for wrinkle removal.
Treatments for Under Eye Wrinkles
There are different treatments that can be used to get rid of eye wrinkles. These will range from topical application of different cures to surgery to remove eye wrinkles. Eye lift surgery, also called blepharoplasty is commonly used to treat many cosmetic eye problems. You can read more on cosmetic eye surgery. Other than surgery, other treatments for under eye wrinkles include laser removal of eye wrinkles, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion for eye wrinkles, retinol A topical treatments and so on.
Remember that some of the procedures you choose may have their own side effects as well as different levels of success in getting rid of eye wrinkles. Nonetheless, your dermatologist will help you decide on the best eye wrinkle treatment procedure for your problem. Botox Injections and filler injections are also used to get rid of wrinkles under eyes. You will find details on this in the link provided above.
Tips to Reduce and Remove Wrinkles Under Eyes
To remove wrinkles under eyes, follow the following simple tips.
- To get rid of under eye wrinkles, you need to strengthen eye muscles. The right remedy is eye exercises that reduce eye wrinkles. Place middle fingers under your eyes and use under eye muscles to lift them. Once lifted, hold for about 3 seconds before releasing. Repeat the steps 10 times everyday to not only reduce under eye wrinkles but also prevent new ones from forming.
- Make eye masks out of cucumber slices (details below), honey or egg white. Manuka Honey Bio Active 5+ is considered the best for making eye masks that get rid of under eye wrinkles. It is said to contain enzymes that help with exfoliation of the skin, removing dead cells, bacteria, dirt. This will reduce the depth of under eye wrinkles. It also promotes collagen production and will improve the elasticity of muscles under eyes.
- Stop smoking and reduce the amount of alcohol you take to get rid of under eye wrinkles fast.
Home Remedies for Under Eye Wrinkles
You can also use simple practices that will help you get rid of under eye wrinkles. The following are some of the simple home remedies for under eye wrinkles.
- As discussed above, apply chilled cucumber slices as eye pads to tighten loose eye muscles and get rid of under eye wrinkles.
- Stay hydrated – both from within the body and topically. So a simple home remedy for under eye wrinkles is to drink plenty of water and other fluids everyday. Also, ensure the skin under your eyes is well moisturized all the time.
- Use massage techniques to treating and getting rid of under eye wrinkles.
- Egg white home remedy for under eye wrinkles will also help you get rid of the problem. Applying it everyday for a few weeks will register an improvement with the under eye wrinkles.
The tips listed above are just but a few of the home remedies for under eye wrinkles. You will learn that most of the home remedies applied to treat under eye wrinkles are also used to treat dark circles under eyes. See more at-home remedies for eye wrinkles.
It is interesting to note that though it is almost inevitable to prevent eye wrinkles that come from aging effects, there is a lot you can do to prevent, treat and reduce wrinkles under eyes that come too early. Lifestyle adjustments are very important if you want to look healthy and vibrant. Ensure that you nourish your skin while avoiding some of the causes of eye wrinkles discussed in this article. It will not be long, crow’s feet, dark eye circles and eye bags will not be a problem anymore if you remain faithful to preventive measures.
How do you get rid of under eye wrinkles and dark circles? Feel free to comment below to share your tips.