Are you susceptible to ingrown and unwanted hairs that cause skin aggravation and pigmentation? You may have tried tweezing, waxing, or shaving with no satisfactory results, and it may be time to try out laser hair removal. This hair removal method is beneficial in several ways as it only selects the coarse hair targeted without affecting the surrounding skin.
What Exactly Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal uses laser technology to remove unwanted hair. The process consists of shining highly concentrated light into the hair follicles, which is then absorbed by the pigments to destroy the hairs. The treatment is fast and predictable and can be done unlimited times to ensure that a person never has to have unwanted hair.
What To Expect (Before and After Procedure)
Before undertaking this beauty treatment, it helps to be aware of some pre-treatment instructions to optimize your experience.
- Refrain from waxing, tweezing, or using any over-the-counter hair removal creams.
- The aesthetician may prescribe a numbing cream unless you are pregnant or nursing. In this case, apply the compounded anesthetic numbing cream only to the designated area. Do not apply it to any other areas on the treatment day.
- Stay away from the sun, tanning beds, and self-tanning creams for at least 28 days before treatment.
- Shave the designated treatment areas within 24 before treatment.
- Remove any topical skin products and avoid applying makeup on the treatment areas.
- You will be given a robe if the treatment requires disrobing. A bikini line hair removal requires merely a swimsuit or a thin-cut panty.
- Avoid using Retin-A two weeks leading up to your appointment to avoid possible irritation. You can resume use afterward.
To ensure a complication-free post-treatment:
- Refrain from the sun for about seven days. Afterward, use a high SPF sunblock.
- It is normal to have areas that have a reddish appearance on the treated areas. Consider applying ice from time to time if you feel a burning sensation.
- Note that you may not experience an immediate loss of hair on the treated areas since the expected duration for them to fall out is between 7-21 days after the treatment. Remove the dead hairs as the follicles waste away.
- If and when recommended, use moisturizers and other products for the skin after treatment. In case of any doubt or clarification, consult with your aesthetician.
You may need between two to six treatments in intervals of four to six weeks to remove the hair. The result may last for months or even years in some patients.
Areas Where You Can Have Laser Hair Removed
Laser hair removal can be conducted in several parts of the body. These include:
Bikini Line – This process involves the removal of hair along the bikini line. It also includes Brazilian Bikini and Bikini Full. It destroys hair underneath the skin, with procedures taking about 20 minutes.
Pubic Area – It removes all the pubic hair in a Brazilian fashion, with the laser causing the hair to stop growing. The treatment is more permanent and takes about an hour to complete.
Underarms – This treatment option helps eliminate cysts, ingrown hairs, and razor burns from too much shaving. It destroys hair under the skin and takes just a few minutes to complete.
Upper Lip & Face – It takes care of the hair on the face, neck, sideburns, chin, and upper lips to give permanent hair reduction. The procedure is a safe and effective way to get your ideal skin type.
Legs – The laser treatment on the legs gives you the freedom to choose your wardrobe without thinking of your legs. It takes a few treatments, helping eliminate waxing and razor routines.
Body – This treatment helps eliminate unwanted hair on the back, abdomen, stomach, and chest. The back treatment can be done within an hour.
Eyebrows – Eyebrow laser treatment option helps correct unibrows and remove excess hair in the glabella. The laser machine is set to target the space between the eyebrows to achieve its purpose.
Why Choose Ideal Image for Your Laser Hair Removal?
Ideal Image is North America’s number one brand in aesthetics and wellness, as testimonials have shown. It offers services that are accessible, affordable, and effective. The professionals at Ideal Image have the experience and expertise to conduct laser treatment effectively, as Ideal Image reviews have shown again and again. Ideal Image boasts over 15 years of service delivery with unmatched innovation, meticulous testing, and excellent safety standards. In addition, MedSpa offers financing options, convenient for patients in over 150 locations in the U.S and Canada, making it the best choice in laser hair removal.
While there are several hair removal options, laser hair removal is one of the best and most sought-after solutions. The procedure offers a more permanent solution to hair removal than other options.