Panda eyes are a poke to everyone’s sexiness. Yes, but now you will learn just how to get rid of under eye bags with simple tricks. Under eye bags and puffy eyes have various causes. The different causes of eye bags will determine just how easy or how easy or difficult it is going to be to get rid of them. The whether it is finding the best way on how to get rid of under eye bags or determining the cause and avoiding it to prevent eye bags, all the efforts are worth it. Most likely, you must have also learned that puffy eyes as well as eye bags contribute to dark eye circles, fine lines and eye wrinkles. You don’t want to get to that. Let’s first understand just what eye bags look like and what puffy eyes are.
What are Eye Bags and Puffy Eyes? Causes
Certainly, there is a difference between puffy eyes and eye bags. Knowing this will go a long way in shaping your ways on how to get rid of eye bags. In most cases, people confuse the two but we are lucky with it because most of the under eye bag remedies are the same as most of the treatments for puffy eyes. So, what are eye bags anyway?
Eye bags are swellings under the eyes that are brought about by ageing effects. These develop as a result of both the accumulation of excess fluid under the eyes as well as sagging muscles under the eyes. Important to note is that there are specific causes of eye muscles to sag.
On the other hand, puffy eyes are swellings that might not be limited to under the eyes but could spread around the eyes. Most people get puffy eyes when they are allergic to something or have not had enough sleep. Their eyes are simply tired. If someone told you, “You look tired…” then know that you might have had puffy eyes. Children can also get puffy eyes, so they are not necessarily an age issue. Getting to know this difference should guide how to get rid of eye bags and puffy eyes.
Ways to Get Rid of Bags Under Your Eyes
There are different ways on how to get rid of eye bags. All these are chosen depending on the causes of puffy eyes. You might not need creams or surgery as a way on how to get rid of eye bags. Maybe you cried too much of have had too much or too little sleep, so don’t rush yet to find an expensive way on how to get rid of eye bags. However, here are different cures for under eye bags to explore. Once you know the causes, you will be able to choose carefully the most appropriate way on how to get rid of eye bags for your specific case.
Can Creams for Eye Bags Help?
Creams are also a good way to reduce under eye bags and puffy eyes. Eye creams can also be used to get rid of dark eye circles in case they develop after the occurrence of under eye bags. As a way on how to get rid of eye bags, how effective are eye creams? Well, this is a question I get all the time. The truth is that eye creams can help you reduce under eye bags, but the effect may not be permanent. Eye bags caused by ageing may not be gotten rid of by use of eye creams. However, eye creams can help reduce the under eye bags appearance.
So, what are the best creams to use on how to get rid of eye bags? In order to remove under eye bags using creams, you will need to be very careful in your choice of eye creams. You must know the kind of ingredients to look for when choosing the best cream for eye bag removal. Some of the best creams that get rid of eye bags have ingredients such as:
- Homeo Age – for rejuvenating the skin
- Xtend-TK – contains bioactive keratin similar to that found in the human skin. It is a good ingredient to use on how to get rid of eye bags because it contains moisture.
- Nano Lipobelle H EQ10 – an ingredient that is important in stimulating the skin to produce more elastin and collagen.
- Eyeliss – reduces permeability of capillaries to improve firmness of the eyelids and get rid of eye bags.
- Natural Vitamin E
- Manuka honey
Here are some of the creams to use on how to get rid of eye bags.
- The Coconut Oil Miracle (Previously published as The Healing Miracle of Coconut Oil)
- Men’s Daily Rejuvenating Eye Cream – 0.5 oz – Cream
- 100% Pure Cosmetics – Organic Coffee Bean Eye Cream, 1 fl oz cream
- Burt’s Bees Sensitive Skin Eye Cream with Cotton Extract, 0.5 Ounce
- Burt’s Bees Radiance Eye Crème, .5-Ounce Jar
Eye Lift Surgery to Remove Eye Bags
Also called blepharoplasty, eye bag surgery is one of the best ways on how to get rid of eye bags for a somewhat long period. The results of this method will last long. This method on how to get rid of eye bags is recommended when eye bags are caused by ageing. Most cosmetic surgeons recommend this method on how to remove under eye bags when other remedies for under eye bags have failed.
So, what happens in blepharoplasty as a method on how to get rid of eye bags? Well, it is a surgical procedure, so some incisions will be made on the lower eyelid so that excess fat and tissue can be removed. There are three different types of eye bag surgery. These include the lower eye bag surgery, upper eye bag surgery and lower and upper blepharoplasty. Your plastic surgeon will advise you on the most appropriate surgical procedure on how to get rid of eye bags. You can read more on every detail you need to know about eye lift surgery as a way on how to get rid of eye bags by clicking this link: All about Eye Bag Surgery.
Cover Up Eye Bags with Makeup – Concealers
Get used to it – under eye bags do not go away overnight. So as you try different ways on how to get rid of eye bags, you might end up frustrated. So, you need to know how to apply eye bag makeup to conceal them. We have already discussed eye lift surgery to get rid of eye bags. That is no doubt the fastest way of banishing the eye bags. But if you do not want to take that route of blepharoplasty, then here are tips to cover up eye bags using makeup. The tips can also be used when you are looking to conceal dark eye circles. It is a temporary way on how to get rid of eye bags though.
- The first thing to do on how to get rid of eye bags using concealer makeup is to apply a moisturizer to the face. Applying the concealer on a dry skin will worsen the appearance of under eye bags. A moisturizer will help your concealer makeup stay for longer. The under eye bag makeup will not cake up or form ugly creases just below your eyes.
- Choose the right concealer to use on how to get rid of eye bags with makeup. In order to get rid of eye bags using makeup, considering skin shade is important. The concealer you will use on how to get rid of eye bags should be a shade or two lighter than your foundation.
- Concealers with yellow undertones blend the best and are more effective for use on how to get rid of eye bags with makeup. It will not make the area under your eyes brighter.
- Another important tip on how to get rid of eye bags is that cream concealers are good for heavier coverage, but they will cake up easily. Liquid concealers for under eye bags are much better, but they can form creases after just a few hours of use.
- Knowing what to buy is not everything on how to get rid of eye bags with concealer makeup. You need to apply eye makeup in the right way. Hold the area with the eye bags taut then use a clean brush to dab the concealer just under the outline of your eye on top of the eye bags. If will form dots. Blend these dots using a fine makeup brush to make sure the under eye area is completely covered up.
Here are some of the best makeup choices to use on how to get rid of eye bags.
- Almay Bright Eyes Liner/Highlighter Duo for Light Skin Tones, Cocoa & Pearl, 0.08-Ounce Pencil (Pack of 2)
- Lioele Silky Highlighter BB Touch Brush (SPF27/PA++)
- LORAC Oil Free Luminizer, L1 Pearl, 0.9 Fluid Ounce
- Jane Iredale Jane Iredale Mystikol™ Powdered Eyeliner Highlighter .02 fl oz Onyx – Onyx, .02 fl oz
- Revlon Beyond Natural Concealer and Highlighter #330 MEDIUM-DEEP
Home Remedies for Under Eye Bags
Creams and surgery are not the only ways on how to get rid of eye bags. Home remedies are even more interesting. Some people even say that when home remedies are used as treatment for under eye bags, they are more effective ways for getting rid of puffiness, dark eye circles and eye bags. We have discussed all of the following home remedies for eye bags in another article. There is a link to that article just below the list.
- Tea bags – used as eye pads are a good option on how to get rid of eye bags (see link below on how to apply)
- Cold spoons treatment for eye bags as compressors can work magic for puffy eyes
- Egg white is also an under eye bag s remedy
- Potato slices will prove very useful on how to get rid of eye bags, dark eye circles and puffiness
- Lemon slices will help treat eye bags and under eye circles
- Eye massage techniques will also work as a good way on how to get rid of eye bags
- Applying vitamin E oil under the eye bags works as an effective home remedy for eye bags for many people
- Proper sleeping posture, according to Mayo Clinic will work as one of the best home remedies for under eye bags
- Making simple cold compresses and using them on the eyes are recommended home remedies for eye bags
- Taking cotton wool and dampening it with cold milk is also an effective method on how to get rid of eye bags
- Cucumbers also cure eye bags, dark eye circles and puffy eyes
- Eye rejuvenation acupressure
- Witch hazel is used as a natural skin tightening astringent. Use it with cotton pads to make cold eye pads
Hemorrhoid Cream for Under Eye Bags
Well, many people will think it gross, but hemorrhoid cream will work as a method on how to get rid of eye bags. The main ingredient in this cream is phenylephrine which will help in constricting blood vessels while shrinking under eye tissue that can cause eye bags due to loose muscle. Apply this cream under the eyes once a day to get rid of under eye bags.
General Tips on How to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
- It is important to avoid smoking and excess alcohol in order to treat puffy eyes, under eye dark circles, eye wrinkles and eye bags.
- Eat a well-balanced diet every day. It will not only help treat under eye bags but also keep your skin rejuvenated.
- Try caffeinated creams when looking for ways on how to get rid of under eye bags. However, do not try these when you have under eye dark circles. They might worsen.
- The best way on how to get rid of under eye bags is to find out the underlying cause and treat it. Allergens may cause eye bags and puffy eyes. The best way on how to get rid of under eye bags caused by allergy is to avoid the irritants or get a doctor’s prescription.
- Learn a few eye exercises. They can work stop the loosening of the muscles under the eyes, causing under eye bags. General body exercises and detoxification will also contribute as effective ways on how to get rid of under eye bags.
Eye bags are a drag to one’s beauty. Most of these ways on how to get rid of under eye bags are very temporary depending on the cause of the eye bags. Preventing is very important though. One of the surest ways of getting rid of these bags is to go for blepharoplasty. The procedure is expensive and might not be a choice for many. The methods explained here will however reduce the appearance of the eye bags with time. If you have tried any of these methods, share your experience with us.
More on Dark Under Eye Circles and Eye Bags
- Best Dark Eye Circles Creams Reviews – Getting Rid of Under Eye Circles
- Home Remedies for Dark Eye Circles – How to Get Rid of Dark under Eye Circles Naturally and Fast
- What are Dark Circles Under Eyes? 14 Causes, Treatment and Tips to Get Rid of Eye Circles
- Home Remedies for Under Eye Bags – Natural Ways to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
- Causes of Under Eye Bags – What Causes Puffy Under Eyes?
- Under Eye Bags Surgery – All about Eye Bag Removal Surgery or Blepharoplasty
- How to Get Rid of Dark Eye Circles – Tips, Treatments, Natural Remedies
You May Also Like
- Under Eye Wrinkles – Causes, Prevention, Treatments and Creams to Get Rid of Eye Wrinkles
- Under Eye Bags Surgery – All about Eye Bag Removal Surgery or Blepharoplasty
- Best Colored Contacts for Brown Eyes
- Neck Wrinkles – Causes, Prevention and Treatment to Get Rid of Neck Lines
- Best Colored Contacts for Different Eye Color Types
- How to Reduce Wrinkles – Tips, Exercises, Creams, Treatments
- Forehead Wrinkles – Causes, Prevention, Treatments to Get Rid of Forehead Lines
- How to Prevent Wrinkles – Tips, Treatments, Creams