Here’s how to lighten hair with cinnamon, including results, before and after pictures and reviews. You can also try our cinnamon and honey with conditioner for hair lightening, especially for dark hair and even blonde hair.
If lightening your hair tickles your fancy but you would rather stay away from harsh chemical lightening agents such as dyes that can make your hair end up being dry and rough, we have got you covered with a great natural remedy for hair lightening that is cinnamon. This article will explain how to lighten hair with cinnamon at the comfort of your home. If you are a fun of visual aid, then you will delight in our cinnamon hair lightening results pictures.
Does Cinnamon Lighten Hair?
Does cinnamon lighten hair? Does the question sound familiar to you? Well, cinnamon lightens hair and is perhaps one of the best home remedies to lighten hair naturally.
With cinnamon, you can achieve a sun-kissed blonde look without damaging your hair through exposure to harsh chemical bleaching agents since cinnamon is a gentle, natural ingredient.
Cinnamon is also easily available in most grocery stores at a relatively cheap price compared to most chemical treatments and will spare you from spending big bucks.
How to Lighten Hair with Cinnamon
You have probably so far known cinnamon as a great kitchen ingredient with a nice smell. But what you perhaps didn’t know is that cinnamon is an outstanding home remedy for lightening hair. You can also use it to give the hair those dazzling highlights and make a fashion statement. Here is how to lighten hair with cinnamon powder.
You will need the following:
- A wide toothed comb
- A small basin
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Natural deep conditioner
- Plastic shower cap or plastic wrap
Instructions and Steps to Follow
Here are the precise instructions on how to lighten hair with cinnamon at home.
- Pour ½ cup of deep natural conditioner into a small basin
- Add 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon and stir well to create a smooth paste
- Apply the paste onto your hair as required and massage it thoroughly while running a wide toothed comb through your hair to ensure proper distribution through the hair strands. Apply it on the entire hair if you want to lighten the whole head of hair; otherwise apply on the hair strands in the sections that you wish to highlight.
- Use the plastic shower cap to cover your hair for a couple hours or overnight.
- Rinse your hair with water
- Repeat the procedure as required till you get the desired results.
The good thing about cinnamon is that it is easily available in most grocery stores and supermarkets. What is even more exhilarating, it will leave your hair with a nice, fresh fragrance.
Now that we know how to naturally lighten hair with cinnamon, let’s now see some pictures depicting typical lightening results after using cinnamon.
Cinnamon Lighten Hair Results and Pictures
On trying how to lighten hair with cinnamon, a picture speaks a thousand words. What a better way to get inspiration on the kind of results to expect from using cinnamon as a home remedy for hair lightening that with some good pictures from actual users.
See a set of pictures before and after trying how to lighten hair with cinnamon for girls with different hair colors.
Cinnamon lightening picture 1
As you can see, this lady was able to achieve at least two shades lighter hair with cinnamon. The remedy was also able to boost her natural red highlights and the lady reports ending up with soft hair that smelled incredibly well. Would you wish for better results?
Cinnamon lightening picture 2
This picture shows how this lady’s hair looked before lightening it with cinnamon. The picture on the left was taken without the camera flash and the one on the right was taken with the flash on.
Cinnamon lightening picture 3
The picture shows the results after a lightening treatment with cinnamon and honey.
Using Cinnamon, Honey, Lemon and Conditioner to Lighten Hair
So, how do you lighten hair with cinnamon, lemon and honey? Can conditioner also wowrk? Cinnamon can also be used in combination with lemon juice, honey and normal deep hair conditioner for enhanced results.
Simply mix a cup of deep natural conditioner with a couple tablespoons of ground cinnamon powder, a couple teaspoons of lemon juice and a cup of honey, stir them together until well blended and massage the resulting mixture thoroughly on your hair while still damp following a regular shampooing session.
If you however don’t have honey, you can just do away with it and use the other ingredients alone. Some people also mix cinnamon with water and nothing else.
If you want to lighten the entire hair, apply all over your head but if highlights are only desired for certain areas, apply the mixture to the appropriate strands of hair.
It also helps to comb your hair first before applying the mixture and momentarily as you apply it in order to disentangle the strands and enhance the distribution of the mixture.
Now cover your hair with a plastic shower cap and allow it 3 to 4 hours for the mixture to set in. If you want, you can as well leave the shower cap on overnight. Once you have allowed the timeframe chosen, rinse the cinnamon mixture out with warm water.
Some cinnamon granules may get trapped in the hair making washing bit more cumbersome but this is nothing compared to the positive benefits that cinnamon can have on your hair in as a far as hair lightening is concerned.
Repeat the process as required achieving the desired results. 3 to 4 times may be needed for significant results.
How to Lighten Dark Hair with Cinnamon and Jamaica Sorrel for a Red Highlight
If you have dark hair and would like to give it some red highlights, you can use a combination of cinnamon and Jamaica sorrel or hibiscus. This flower is available in a dried form in health food stores but if you live in tropical countries you can pluck fresh ones between October and March.
In addition to giving your hair red highlights, Jamaican sorrel also thickens your hair and enhances its growth.
Here is how to give red highlights to your hair using cinnamon and Jamaican sorrel:
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Jamaican sorrel – dried
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 2 cups water
- Follow these steps to lighten your hair a shade or two using cinnamon powder.
- Mix the Jamaican sorrel and cinnamon together in a small basin
- Boil the water in a small pot and add then pour it off into the cinnamon-Jamaican sorrel mixture.
- Allow it to soak for 3 to 4 hours and then strain off the resulting solution
- Add the honey into the solution
- Shampoo your hair as you normally do and then rinse it with the solution.
- Use a plastic shower cap to wrap the hair for about 1 hour before rinsing it off
More on Bleaching Hair
- How to Lighten Brown Hair Gradually
- Best Hair Lightener, Organic and Homemade
- How to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
- Best DIY Hair Lightening Spray for Brunettes
- Best Hair Lightening Shampoo
- Top 5 Natural Hair Lighteners
- Best Products for Dark Hair Lightening
- How to Bleach Arm Hair
- How to Lighten Colored Hair