Most commonly found in pregnant women, melasma is a dark hyper-pigmentation of the skin that occurs on skin that is exposed to the sun and Australia certainly has enough sun. There are believed to be at least 4 factors that are connected to melasma; namely genetic disposition, hormonal changes, sun exposure and skin irritation. The skin discolouration grows over time and while it does have a cosmetic impact on the person, it does not present a health threat and while there are over-the-counter skin products, these are typically ineffective with melasma.
Professional Treatment Online
You can contact an experienced melasma dermatologist by QR8 Mediskin, who are a leading Australian skincare provider that offers a virtual service, followed by a prescription product created by medical professionals. The treatment involves four stages, which are as follows:
- Collecting Patient Information – This is done using an online questionnaire and also a few digital images of your skin, which are uploaded to the provider’s website and the skincare professionals can take a look at your history and build a patient profile.
- Video Consultation – Shortly after receiving the questionnaire answers, the skincare specialist would schedule a Zoom call to discuss the condition and gather further information, which enables them to create a special skin cream using medical-grade ingredients.
- Prescription Skin Cream – The product is manufactured and despatched to your home address, along with full instructions on application. The skincare team would take into account different aspects such as genetic disposition, hormone levels and changes, sun exposure and any skin irritation problems, which forms the basis for the cream they prescribe. Here are a few reasons why you should use the latest generation of anti-ageing skin treatments.
- Video Support – From the day the product arrives, your assigned skin expert will maintain regular contact via Zoom calls, which allows them to monitor your progress as well as to check that you are following agreed guidelines regarding exposure to the sun.
Active Medical Grade Ingredients
When a team of skincare experts create a melasma cream treatment, they use the following medical-grade ingredients:
- Hydroquinone – This is a recommended ingredient for the treatment of melasma because it inhibits the production of melanin and when used in the right concentration, hydroquinone is a very effective ingredient for reducing hyper-pigmentation of the skin.
- Kojic Acid – This is an effective way to reduce the skin discolouration caused by melasma, which primarily works by inhibiting the tyrosinase enzyme to prevent the production of melanin.
- Licorice – This naturally found substance is effective in the reduction of hyper-pigmentation, with mild anti-inflammatory properties and licorice is widely agreed to be good for those who suffer from chronic skin disorders.
- Azelaic Acid – Derived from rye, wheat and barley, this acid has antioxidant properties, as well as being anti-inflammatory and reducing the creation of melanin. This also unblocks the pores of the skin, making it ideal for acne sufferers, helping to prevent greasy skin, which can lead to spots.
If you would like to learn more about the treatment of melasma, search with Google for a skincare provider that offers custom made products and a complete virtual service.