Staying at home for long periods is not an issue for some people, yet for others, the loss of their social life and the repetitive routine of home life can really take a toll. We are creatures of habit and when our routine has to change, this can cause anxiety, and with that in mind, here are a few things that you can do at home to keep your spirits up during the lockdown.
- Practice Yoga – If you have all the time in the world, set aside 30 minutes in the morning and evening to practice yoga. Search online for Divine Goddess yoga mat bags and the other essentials you will need and with some YouTube instruction, you are good to go. There are many forms of yoga, some more physical than others, and you can try a few of the common forms of yoga and see which works best for you.
- Online Quizzes – This can be great fun, as you pit your wits against other users in general knowledge quizzes of varying levels of difficulty, plus they have specialised categories for experts. This gives you the essential mental stimulation that you won’t get from watching TV or reading a book, and the better you become, the harder the questions are.
- Learn to Play a Musical Instrument – Being at home all day means you could have a serious attempt at trying to master the acoustic guitar or perhaps a wind instrument, and with free online tutorials, you can learn the different notes, and much like everything, the more time you spend playing, the better you will become. Here are a few ways to treat yourself, if you have been working too hard.
- Building Models – You can buy kits to build ships, aircraft and even buildings, and this is a very soothing activity, as you slowly see the end result begin to come together, and it does take some concentration to complete a complex kit. An ideal hobby for someone with a lot of time on their hands, and you could buy raw balsa wood and acquire the special cutters and knives to create your own wooden master pieces. You will, of course, need a very steady hand and a keen eye, plus a fair amount of patience, as you won’t be able to finish a project in a single sitting.
- Learn How to Build a Website – There are many free web-building tools online, and with a free hosting, you can get the hang of web design, and who knows where that might lead? Start with a bio site, with information about you, your history, qualifications, profession and hobbies and interests, and add images and video clips, finally, you can send the URL to all your friends.
Staying at home means different things to different people, and if it is getting a bit much for you, change your routine and spend some time on one of the above suggestions to give life a little balance. It is always a good idea to check your government website for Covid-19 updates, as things can change by the hour.