What is the best skin lightening cream for dark skin whitening? Here’s a list of top 10 skin bleaching and whitening creams for face, body, African Americans and even natural lotions as rated from reviews, testimonials and ratings. We have also listed bleaching creams without hydroquinone and the side effects that it comes with.
From natural skin bleaching products to commercial products, the market is so saturated that it can be so hard to choose a good product that actually works. Truth be said, some creams work best for Asians while others are best for whitening African American skin and dark spots. If you choose well, you can lighten your skin tone by one, two, three or even four shades. However, if you are looking for full body whitening for black people, perhaps you should consider skin whitening surgeries.
So, what are the top rated creams you can use to lighten dark areas on your skin, including dark spots, hyperpigmentation patches and marks and uneven skin tone? I made a list of the top 10 creams according to reviews out there and before and after pictures so you can know what works and what does not work. This list is from the most sought after cream to the least sought after and includes both prescription bleaching creams and over the counter lotions as well.
Best Skin Lightening Cream
- Best Skin Lightening Cream
- Black and White Bleaching Cream Review
- Dermaline Skin Whitening Cream Review
- Porcelana Skin Lightening Cream Reviews
- Mena Facial Whitening Cream Review
- Nur76 Skin Lightening Cream Review
- Are There Creams for Face and Body Brightening?
- Prescription vs. Over the Counter Whitening Creams (OTC)
- Skin Lightening Cream for Dark Skin, African Americans, Black People
- Best Drugstore Skin Lightening Cream
- Homemade Natural Skin Lightening Cream
- Ingredients in Safe Skin Whitening Lotions for Dark Skin
- Skin Lightening Cream without Hydroquinone
There are quite many skin lightening products that you can list here, but after the list, we have highlighted different creams for different purposes. For example, the best skin lightening cream that is safe for the whole body, face and small areas of your body. Also, you ought to consider if you want safe prescription creams – which are dermatologist recommended or those without hydroquinone or alpha arbutin. Here are the top rated creams.
- Palmers Skin Success Eventone Fade Milk (Rated 3.8/5 stars)
- Nur76 Skin Lightening Body Lotion (trending)
- Ambi Fade Cream (rated 3.6/5 stars)
- Makari Body Beautifying Whitening Milk (Rated 3.6/5 stars)
- Swiss Botany Whitening Cream Mask (Rated 4.3/5stars)
Black and White Bleaching Cream Review
Black and white is one of the top-ranked bleaching creams out there. If you are looking for a drugstore skin whitening cream, then this is something you should perhaps consider as well. It is very cheap or inexpensive yet it is highly reviewed as one of the products that work.
According to the description on the manufacturer’s website, this cream comes with hydroquinone, which is said to help smooth out skin and even out your complexion fast. It is powerful enough and on regular use, it gradually fades skin discoloration, liver spots, age spots and acne blemishes. It costs between $4 and $7 and sells over the counter. It is rated 4.1 stars on Walgreens, 4.4 out of 5 stars on MakeupAlley reviews of Black and White Bleaching Cream with Hydroquinone. Amazon reviews score it at 4.0 stars by the time we were doing these reviews.
Dermaline Skin Whitening Cream Review
Although there are claims that the U.S New York City Health Department has listed Dermaline skin cream has risky ingredients like mercury, this cream is one of the most popular in the market today. According to the Dermology Review, “Diana Stalder in order to help people lighten dark skin anywhere on the body, such as the knees, elbows, and knuckles.” (See sources at the end.)
The Beauty Insiders note that Dermaline lotion contains vitamin C, retinol and Kojic Acid, all of which help fight signs of aging on the face, knees, elbows and dark inner thighs and armpits. Most reviews rated it highly too, saying that it is a skin bleaching cream that works for dark skin and African Americans. Unfortunately, the only product we found on sale from Dermaline is Kojic Acid Skin Whitening Soap.
Porcelana Skin Lightening Cream Reviews
Porcelana is highly reviewed and qualifies as a good face lightening cream for dark skin sold over-the-counter. It is sold at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Drugstore and even Amazon among many other online stores. And no, it is not a day cream but a night cream.
- Porcelana lotion is rated 4.1 stars on Walgreens; 3.5 stars on Amazon reviews and 5.0 stars at Drugstore.
- Marketed as a bleaching cream for fading dark spots, evening out skin tone
- Made in the United States.
- Is inexpensive, costing between $7 and $9
- Produces fast dark skin whitening results as testimonials and before and after pictures show.
Mena Facial Whitening Cream Review
Mena is a face bleaching cream that is quite popular in Asia. It has ingredients that “make skin lighter. For example: brown tone to caramel tone within weeks.” The active ingredients as picked from the Amazon product description are: titanium oxide and kojic dipalmitate, which are just the active ingredients that make it an effective skin whitening cream that actually works.
Many reviews are positive, purporting that it actually works fast and lightens dark skin, dark spots and blemishes. Mena is actually a cheap OTC product, costing just $4.
Nur76 Skin Lightening Cream Review
According to UK Skin Lightening, Nur76 is a “natural permanent skin lightening cream.” That means that you can get a fair skin naturally and safely using this product. It is top rated among the top 10 back skin whitening serums for its quick and said permanent results. So, what is the price of Nur76 cream? Where can you buy it? If you shop online, the product costs about £37.
- Nur76 serum is marketed for fading hyperpigmentation marks and evening out uneven skin tone
- It also fades dark spots and acne marks
- More noticeably, this cream is said to bleach skin fast – within 90 days.
- Notable ingredients of Nur76 formula that lighten dark skin naturally include natural plant extracts, bearberry, kojic acid, vitamin C, arbutin complex and kiwi extract.
Note, this is one of the best skin lightening creams without hydroquinone and bleach. Other creams to consider, being the top rated ones include the following:
- makari skin cream
- caspah intimate lightening cream
- neocutis blanche
- topiclear cream
- vantex skin bleaching cream
- derma E skin lighten
- Xtend Life Skin Lightening Product
- Murad Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Gel
- Revitol Skin Brightener
- Vikki Lamotta Perfect Skin Lightener
- Skin Bright Skin Brightener (most positive reviews for brightening black skin)
- Clinicians Complex 6% Skin Bleaching Cream
- Dermology Brightener
- Makari Caviar Face Lightening Serum
- South Beach Skin Bleaching
Are There Creams for Face and Body Brightening?
As you can imagine, the face is a little more sensitive than the rest of the body. That makes most people ask if there are cream products in the market for fair face brightening, removing dark spots from face and even those for body whitening.
Note that if a product is recommended for the body, do not apply it on the face or without following the manufacturer’s guide to its use. This is because, as you will see in the Sky News Interview below, some products contain harsh ingredients that may burn your skin on face and cause adverse side effects.
Prescription vs. Over the Counter Whitening Creams (OTC)
While there are many cheap creams on the market, it is worth noting that working with a dermatologist can help you evade side effects that you are likely to suffer. For example, it is widely argued that hydroquinone and arbutin, mercury and other heavy metals are found in many OTC products for skin brightening.
Therefore, better opt for a prescription cream, or have a dermatologist recommend products that will help the process of improving your skin tone. Clinician’s complex is said to have been approved by dermatologists, but this is not entirely proved. So, other than checking the ingredients, ensure that you also ensure that
Skin Lightening Cream for Dark Skin, African Americans, Black People
Best skin lightening cream for African Americans can be used to bleach or whiten dark skin tone. If you want to fade dark marks on your skin too, you can use these lotions and serums to whiten your skin and make it one or two shades lighter.
Bleaching or whitening African American skin can be done easily at home. There are prescribed creams as well as those you can buy over the counter to fade the dark areas of your skin. Some of the serums, oils and generally products are specific for the face, others for the whole body while others can be used for hands and other visible parts of the body such as neck, back etc.
So, what is the top rated skin lightening cream for dark skin or African Americans? Below is a list of the top ranked creams that black women can use to whiten their skin, or even fade dark marks or spots fast. See our list of the best products for African Americans and those common with celebrity skin lightening.
Instead of shopping for a soap, cream or lotion that will bleach your skin, it is also important that you consider evening out the tone. There are skin bleaching and brightening pills that you can use. While most people would consider trying out bleaching shots and pills, others have found more positive results with lotions that are topically applied.
African American women may have age spots that show easily, so using concealers and face makeups to even out the tone is probably a common thing. However, if you carefully choose a good brightening cream for African Americans, you will be able to even out any discolorations such as dark spots, white patches and brown spots on face.
Best Drugstore Skin Lightening Cream
Drugstore products are just the best when it comes to the price. They are much cheap and mostly will cost you just under $10. So, here is my list of the top 3 drugstore skin whitening creams you should try.
- Black and White Bleaching
- Mena Facial Whitening Cream
Each of these will cost you less than $10.
Skin whitening lotions with anti-aging properties are commonly the most preferred because they not only whiten the dark areas of the skin but also help get rid of discoloration marks, patches and dots on the skin. Most of these lotions, soaps and creams work as exfoliants when bleaching the skin.
Homemade Natural Skin Lightening Cream
A good natural skin lightening cream can help you hydrate your skin and make it glow and remain clear. There are simple homemade skin bleaching recipes that use home ingredients. These are common in Urdu cultures but for removing age spots. See more on skin whitening tips in Urdu. Here is a sample recipe for making a natural skin brightening cream at home.
Ingredients and What You Need
- 1 cup full of fresh lemon juice
- Rose water
- Cotton ball
- Put the cup of lemon juice in a jar
- Add a few drops of rose water
- Mix the two ingredients well
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture (refrigerated is better) and rub it all over the area you want to lighten and brighten. Do this in circular motions
- Allow to stay on the skin for about 15 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
Do this twice or three times a week until you get the shade you want.
Ingredients in Safe Skin Whitening Lotions for Dark Skin
There are common ingredients that you can look for when choosing the best skin lightening cream for black skin. One of the most potent ingredient for evening out the tone of black skin is hydroquinone. It is commonly found in most skin whitening products such as soaps, lotions, creams and gels
Other than considering the ingredients in the product for black skin, you should check to see if it works for all skin types. There are different types of skins. Instead of trying to achieve an even skin tone without discolorations, ensure that you find a skin product that will not highlight the dark areas.
Skin Lightening Cream without Hydroquinone
According to Drugs.com, topical use of hydroquinone can have various side effects of skin lightening. That is not the only one since even glutathione skin lightening supplement has its own side effects. So, what are the dangers of hydroquinone? Generally, these are allergic reactions and they include the following:
- darkening of the skin towards blue-black
- swelling of the skin, mouth, lips, face and even tongue
- irritation and redness
- chest tightness
These are the severe side effects warned when one uses hydroquinone. So, what is the best skin lightening cream without hydroquinone? Well, Nur76 is a natural product that does not contain this ingredient. However, ensure you read the label to discover the list of the ingredients of any skin whitening lotion you are buying.
Other things to consider when choosing the best black skin brightening cream, lotion or gel include the following.
- Any side affects you are likely to face when using the lotion, gel or cream.
- Some black skin treatment creams containing hydroquinone have been banned from Europe, so be careful not to use them.
- Consider going for natural skin lightening cream for black skin. These work naturally to remove any dark blemishes and uneven skin tones on dark skin. Hence, they have no side effects.
- Check how the cream for whitening black skin works. If it is exfoliating then it could be the perfect one for you because it will keep removing the black marks.
- Ask if the lotion for black women is approved by the FDA to be safe for use.
- Double check the ingredients to be sure that the ingredients are natural and will act without side effects in lightening the skin.
- Does the product work in bleaching the skin? Some of the creams, lotions and oils are applied and give results within a few weeks. Dermology Brightener is one of the fast black skin bleaching creams.
- Serums such as Vikki Lamotta are known to have antioxidants and are good for African American women skin lightening and brightening. It is also a good anti-aging product.
- If you find one of the products for fair skin for black people containing kojic acid as that used in most top skin lightening soaps for black people, it is considered a safe product.
While on the mission of brightening your skin, ensure that you avoid going into the sun. Excessive sun exposure leads to the activation of the melanin producing cells, which can only cause you to have more dark spots or age spots on your skin.
Remember that some of the best skin lightening cream for black skin are considered the best because they contain moisturizers and will keep your skin moist and elastic to avoid cracking marks and scars. When choosing, buy a bleaching cream that has SPF if you want to protect yourself from sun damage and further darkening of your skin tone.
The Dermology Review: Dermaline Skin Whitening Cream Review
Drugs.com: Hydroquinone Cream Side Effects