Did you know that one of the many benefits and uses of aloe vera gel is skin whitening? Uses of aloe vera for skin whitening in Urdu and Hindi cultures are just but a few of the many uses of this herb for the skin and other health benefits. Below, learn how to lighten dark skin using aloe vera cream, gel, and juice.
Does Aloe Vera Whiten Skin and Dark Spots?
Is aloe vera good for skin lightening? What does aloe vera do for sunburns, dark spots from acne, blemishes and hyperpigmentation? Not only is this plant a good moisturizer but also a good bleaching agent. By good I mean mild unlike most of the skin lighteners, such as arbutin creams, that are known to be aggressive and can leave your skin irritated.
So, does aloe vera whiten skin and lighten dark spots from acne? According to Find Home Remedy (see sources), this plant has a naturally occurring enzyme that helps revive your skin, make it glow brighter, which makes it suitable for treating dark spots. It does not need a lot of preparation since you just pluck a fresh leaf and apply it on the hyperpigmented areas you want to whiten. Here’s how to use aloe vera for skin whitening. (Also see these effective skin whiteners:)
- Ivory Caps – Maximum Potency 1500mg Glutathione Skin Whitening Pills (Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars)
- Gluta-c Glutathione 60 Capsules Anti-oxidant Skin Whitening (Rated 4.1 out of 5 stars)
- Fairtone Skin Whitening tablets lightening pills (Rated 4.0 out of 5 stars)
How to Use Aloe Vera for Skin Whitening
Dark skinned women and men who want to whiten skin fast or get a fair complexion may opt for something like a cream, such as aloe vera gold skin whitening cream to get quicker results. However, if you are looking for something in the tune of the best home remedies for skin lightening, here’s how you will use aloe vera to lighten dark skin a shade or two. The procedure is general, but it will depend on whether you are using aloe vera juice for skin whitening or aloe vera gel itself.
Procedure to Get Rid of Dark Spots
If you want to get rid of dark patches on the skin using aloe vera, you can simply use a freshly picked leaf.
- Cut a freshly picked aloe vera leaf
- Wash it clean
- Squeeze out some juice or gel
- Apply the gel onto the dark spots on your face or skin
- Leave it to rest for a few minutes (about 30)
- Repeat the procedure everyday for about a month to fade dark spots
Note that if you feel any irritation or such a sensation while using aloe vera for skin lightening, stop applying this treatment. People with a sensitive skin are likely to react with any strong application on their skin.
Aloe Vera Gel for Skin Lightening (and Juice)
Can aloe vera gel lighten skin? Yes, it can be used to whiten dark skin at home. If your skin is showing signs of oxidative stress from sun exposure, or aging (age spots and liver spots), this anti-oxidant plant can help reduce the over-accumulation of melanin pigment in the dermis of the skin. Here’s how to use aloe vera gel for skin whitening and evening skin tone.
- Cut a fresh leaf of aloe vera plant. Choose one that is the most succulent
- Cut out the outer layers to remove the skin of the leaf
- Squeeze out the gel into a container, which is the thick jelly-like substance
- Apply the gel on your skin by rubbing it gently
- Leave it to stay on for 30 minutes
- Wash and rinse off with cold water
- Repeat the procedure for getting a fair skin, removing dark spots and other blemishes
According to Top 10 Home Remedies, apart from using aloe vera for skin whitening, aloe vera herb has cooling properties as well. This makes it very useful in helping new skin cells regenerate as well as healing damaged tissue. Using it on your skin will make it look healthy without uneven skin tone.
Benefits of Aloe Vera from Skin Lightening and Face
Aloe vera skin benefits for face surpass those of whitening or evening out skin complexion. African Americans can use this herb if you want to have a fairer skin. However, that is not all. There are other beauty benefits of this plant on your skin. Here’s a list to start you off.
- Evening skin tone: Suitable for people who have problems of hyperpigmentation, white spots, dark patches on lips or some areas of the skin appearing darker or lighter than others.
- Treating hyperpigmentation naturally
- Moisturizing skin: According to Mind Body Green, “Aloe moisturizes the skin without giving it a greasy feel…” This means that the gel from the plant is good for oily skin, combination skin and even acne prone skin. If your skin dries all the time, this is your solution.
- Skin rejuvenation and glow restoration: According to All Women’s Talk, if you have a dull skin, apply aloe vera for skin lightening and brightening
- Soothing irritation: Particularly good for soothing razor burn fast. So, if you get the razor burn and dark spots from razor bumps, this plant of immortality will help get rid of them.
- Acne treatment and spot removal
- Lightening dark lips
- Fights fine lines and works as a natural anti-aging ingredient
Aloe Vera for Skin Whitening in Urdu
According to homemade skin whitening tips in Urdu and Hindi, natural ways are always advocated for skin care. Aloe vera, among other home remedies for skin bleaching, is one of the best for moisturizing and getting you a brighter skin. Other than that, Urdu and general Hindi cultural practices apply clays such as multani mitti, bentonite and kaolin to treat skin problems and irritations.
Other than skin whitening using aloe vera gel, other Urdu uses for this plant include: as a disinfectant, as an antibiotic, as an antimicrobial, for germicidal uses, aloe vera for antibacterial properties and much much more, including using it on hair.
Aloe Vera Gold Skin Whitening Cream
There are many skin whitening products for dark skin and for African American, Asian women and men. In some, you will find Aloe vera as one of the ingredients. However, if you are looking to whiten your skin fast naturally using a commercial product, the Aloe vera gold skin whitening cream is one of those that use extracts of this plant as the main ingredient.
Reviews show slightly faster results can be expected when you use this product compared to its very natural extract. However, the before and after results they may compare poorly to other commercial skin lightening products such as Gluta C capsules and even creams.
Here’s what the gold cream is said to do, according to TradeIndia.com’s product page:
- “Clinically proven to give results
- Gives a clear glowing complexion
- Lightens and balances skin colour tone
- Contains UV block SPF-5
- Removes pigmentation spots
- Removes acne blemishes
- Contains natural moisturizers”
Other Home Remedies for Skin Whitening
Any natural skin exfoliant is likely to be a good home remedy for skin whitening. There are other options you may want to explore when it comes to brightening your skin color, or whitening dark skin. Hydrogen peroxide is one of the commonly used skin whitening solutions.
- Lactic acid
- Lemon juice
- Onion juice treatment
- Dandelion remedy for dark spots
- Sandalwood paste and face pack
- Bentonite clay face mask
- Peaches and honey
Mind Body Green: Benefits Of Using Aloe Vera For Skin Care And More
Find Home Remedy: Effective Home Remedies for Dark Spots
The Alternative Daily: How to Even Your Skin Tone Naturally
AllWomenStalk: 7 100% Chemical-Free Ways to Bleach Skin Naturally
Top10Home Remedies: How to Lighten Skin Naturally